Why Men Don't Marry?

I don't think marriage is a good deal for a number of reasons so I will never get married.

And white men are getting married at high rates, just not black and brown men ... especially under 40.

Are you really? I thought you and your wife had other plans; you posted this only a few days ago......

Lioness you not reading sweetheart.....come on you my friend. LOL....

I said if it doesn't work out I'm getting snipped. Hell I'm 44...by the time the separation and divorce is final I would damn near be 50 LMAO!!!!!

Lioness you not reading sweetheart.....come on you my friend. LOL....

I said if it doesn't work out I'm getting snipped. Hell I'm 44...by the time the separation and divorce is final I would damn near be 50 LMAO!!!!!

No, I’m not reading with understanding. My apologies.

But you just got married. Don’t think thoughts of divorce. Speak life, speak good things! As long as you both invite & involve God in your marriage, it will last. You’ll be fine. And those babies will start coming on in! We already have 2 members with twins; you could be the first Forum member to have triplets! I speak those things on you Founder!

:)

BGB%2BBHOP%2Bsitting%2Bgif.gif

No, I’m not reading with understanding. My apologies.

But you just got married. Don’t think thoughts of divorce. Speak life, speak good things! As long as you both invite & involve God in your marriage, it will last. You’ll be fine. And those babies will start coming on in! We already have 2 members with twins; you could be the first Forum member to have triplets! I speak those things on you Founder!

Lioness I don''t want triplets....lord Jesus don't wish that on me.....now honestly I do want a little girl. I dream of walking her down the isle, seeing her pregnant, and seeing her give birth....being a grandfather. To me the most beautiful thing in the world is a pregnant woman. The fact that she is carrying life is spectacular.

I know this thread is talking about men, but I don’t want to get married either. Never have been, don’t ever plan or intend to.

You know this conversation can go straight "ignant" from here right. I'm just giving you fair warning.

Welp since I got that out the way....so are you ummmm you know...out of the baby making business????

Sad part is that marriage rates would sky rocket if they fixed the legal institution of marriage.Our marriage and family laws have not evolved with us The entire deal is set up to make the couple as legal antagonist to each other.

Man there is a federal law that if a woman is married to a man for 10 years she is entitled to his social security. I know a very prominent SWAC Band Director who died. He was married to his second wife for over 30 years. Yet, he was married to his first wife for 15. Upon his death after the succession was done the first wife had a copy of the death certificate, marriage license, and divorce papers; she went to the social security office and ended up receiving his social security. The second wife didn't get a thing. What's even worse the house the second wife lives in is in the kids name (none of the kids are hers). So basically at anytime they could sell the house and kick her out. SMH

Man there is a federal law that if a woman is married to a man for 10 years she is entitled to his social security. I know a very prominent SWAC Band Director who died. He was married to his second wife for over 30 years. Yet, he was married to his first wife for 15. Upon his death after the succession was done the first wife had a copy of the death certificate, marriage license, and divorce papers; she went to the social security office and ended up receiving his social security. The second wife didn't get a thing. What's even worse the house the second wife lives in is in the kids name (none of the kids are hers). So basically at anytime they could sell the house and kick her out. SMH
Whomever that former band director was, he should've made preparations before dying on behalf of the second wife. She should've encouraged him to do so as well.

Lioness I don''t want triplets....lord Jesus don't wish that on me.....now honestly I do want a little girl. I dream of walking her down the isle, seeing her pregnant, and seeing her give birth....being a grandfather. To me the most beautiful thing in the world is a pregnant woman. The fact that she is carrying life is spectacular.

When I posted that about triplets, I had in mind triplet girls! 3 beautiful baby girls!

You know this conversation can go straight "ignant" from here right. I'm just giving you fair warning.

Welp since I got that out the way....so are you ummmm you know...out of the baby making business????

Biologically, no, I'm not out the baby-making business. Spiritually and physically, yes, I am out of the baby-making business.

Why not? It seems that a lot of men think marriage is a “bad deal” for men. What are your reasons for not getting married?

I have several reasons SUJF. I can't discuss some because they're too personal and painful. My main reason for not wanting to marry is because right now, I'm able to dig deeper into my relationship with God. I made a vow back in 2009 to re-establish my relationship with Him and ever since I re-connected with Christ, I've been on a very insightful and enlightening Spiritual journey. I've learned so much more about Him, but I learned much, much more about myself; about who I was, who I am now, and who I was created to be. I'm studying, growing, maturing, and developing into who He created me to be (or at least I'm trying). My daughters are grown and don't require as much of my time for nurturing them, so I'm able to devote more of my time to God, and I'm having the time of my life!

Many people (especially men) ask me why I'm not married or have no desire to marry. The men at my church, especially my deacon (in July, he will have been married 59 or 60 years), tell me that I wasn't created to be alone. I simply tell him that I'm not alone. He told me that he would be praying that I'm sent a husband and asked me, "Stephanie, am I praying by myself on this one?" I responded "YES!". :D Another deacon, who's also one of my Ministry leaders, always speaks about marriage to me (he and his wife have been married 37 years). He asked me what would I do if God sent me a husband. I responded by telling him that I have not asked God to send me a husband. HOWEVER, I realize that God's will will go forth, regardless of what I want, so IF it is in God's will for me to have one, of course there's nothing I can do about that. Since I know my husband will have come from Him, it will be good. But IF that were to happen, I sure will be asking God, "Lord, is this really what You want for me?". LOL! :D

I've re-discovered that whenever I'm still and allow Him free reign and truly seek His way of doing things, it works out for my good and His glory. Proverbs tells us that " a man that finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from God". So, right now, I'm seeking God's way of life and looking at things with a renewed mindset so my life will bring Him glory, and be the woman I was created to be, so that IF He should send me a husband, I'll be his "good-thang"!

I see that Jesus Christ fella is a real playa playa with the single AND married women.
Wonder how he gets so many women to save themselves for him.

I saw a video recently about why getting a marriage license is an invitation to the state getting all in your business. As some have said, you lose up to half of everything plus other things that are definitely not in the favor of the man.

The suggestion was to get a marriage contract drawn up. If a person doesn't live up to their end in the marriage, they lose _____ (whatever is agreed upon). At the rate this country is going, I can see that becoming a thing

I wanted kids even as few as 5 years ago. Now I just wanna work and sleep and get some tang without the constraints of a marriage lol. And as my frat suggested, we are getting close to the age where the women our age will have grown kids or kids close to heading to college so it's best to get with those type of women. He's right although more women my age (30-40) are not having kids or waiting until they are where they wanna be in their career (one of my good friends from Valley falls in that boat) so it's possible that I could land a childless woman but I'm probably have to leave Mississippi to do that

@96lioness

I respect that. I have a friend who divorced his wife because the church they were attending the members were celibate even the the married people. :confused::confused::confused: He said his wife still attends the church and she has become the ultimate weirdo.

Long-term care insurance, a will and a living trust are 3 suggestions I'd make to those who choose to go the forever single route. If you have kids or other relatives willing to step up, they may not want to or be capable of taking care of you in old age...especially if dementia or Alzheimers sets in. Couples need them too but a least there's a chance someone's whose already vowed "for better or worse" will be there to look after you and your affairs if necessary, provided their health allows.

@96lioness

I respect that. I have a friend who divorced his wife because the church they were attending the members were celibate even the the married people. :confused::confused::confused: He said his wife still attends the church and she has become the ultimate weirdo.

I cannot stress enough the importance of knowing the Holy Bible for one's own self:

The husband must fulfill his [marital] duty to his wife [with good will and kindness], and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife does NOT have [exclusive] authority over her own body, but the husband shares with her; and likewise the husband does NOT have [exclusive] authority over his body, but the wife shares with him. Do NOT deprive each other [of marital rights], except perhaps by mutual consent for a time, so that you may devote yourselves [unhindered] to prayer, but come together again so that Satan will not tempt you [to sin] because of your lack of self-control!- 1 Corinthians 7:3-5 (AMP)

Any church that stands open in the name of Jesus Christ and stands on the word of God has NO business preaching/teaching celibacy among married couples.

One last thing:

God ordained marriage. I personally believe that marriage is the second greatest gift God gave to us; I believe that marriage is a holy union between a man and a woman that God Himself established even before their conception. Any marriage between a man and woman that is bound by God will be bound forever by Him. That's one of the keys to a successful marriage. Also knowing the specific roles in a marriage based on God's standards are imperative. The husband has his role, the wife has hers, and they work together to be a strong union built upon God's foundation of happiness and longevity. The problem is too many people don't use His standards, or they don't seek His counsel to fully know and understand His standards, which is why so many people treat marriage like it's nothing and divorce so easily.

Back