SCG Race

tierre

Right now all 10 teams are still in it, However some teams are still on the bubble

WEST

Grambling 45% (TXSU, at UAPB, at Alabama St., Bayou Classic)
Southern 30% (at UAPB, Prairie View, at TXSU, Bayou Classic)
Prairie View 10% (at Southern, UAPB, at TXSU)
UAPB 10% (Southern, Grambling, at Prairie View, TXSU)
TXSU 5% (at Grambling, at MVSU, Southern, at UAPB, Prairie View)

EAST
Alcorn 40% (AAMU, MVSU, at Jackson St.)
AAMU 30% (MCC, at Alcorn, Jackson St.)
MVSU 15% (Jackson St., Texas Southern, at Alcorn, Alabama St.)
Jackson St. 10% (at MVSU, Alabama St., at AAMU, Alcorn)
Alabama St. 5% (MCC, at Jackson St., Grambling, at MVSU)

The 2 teams on the Hotseat this week are Alabama St. and Texas Southern. If either team lose this Saturday they are out.

Right now all 10 teams are still in it, However some teams are still on the bubble

WEST

Grambling 45% (TXSU, at UAPB, at Alabama St., Bayou Classic)
Southern 30% (at UAPB, Prairie View, at TXSU, Bayou Classic)
Prairie View 10% (at Southern, UAPB, at TXSU)
UAPB 10% (Southern, Grambling, at Prairie View, TXSU)
TXSU 5% (at Grambling, at MVSU, Southern, at UAPB, Prairie View)

EAST
Alcorn 40% (AAMU, MVSU, at Jackson St.)
AAMU 30% (MCC, at Alcorn, Jackson St.)
MVSU 15% (Jackson St., Texas Southern, at Alcorn, Alabama St.)
Jackson St. 10% (at MVSU, Alabama St., at AAMU, Alcorn)
Alabama St. 5% (MCC, at Jackson St., Grambling, at MVSU)

The 2 teams on the Hotseat this week are Alabama St. and Texas Southern. If either team lose this Saturday they are out.

10 teams?

The two best teams are clearly Grambling and Alcorn. Maybe Southern makes a run, but too many others are mediocre at best.

I thought we were picked to finish 4th in the East by the SWAC just like last year?

how are we in 2nd place? that can't be correct...

10 teams?

The two best teams is clearly Grambling and Alcorn. Maybe Southern makes a run, but too many others are mediocre at best.

Southern and Alcorn are mediocre at best as well. The best team is Grambling, the only way they will lose in the SWAC is if they beat themselves or injuries.

Division I-FCS Southern defeated JSU by 18. Division II Tuskegee defeated JSU by 26.

And Alcorn got blown out by a marginally above average GSU that struggled with Division II Clark Atlanta ... Alcorn has officially been exposed.

Southern and Alcorn are mediocre at best as well. The best team is Grambling, the only way they will lose in the SWAC is if they beat themselves or injuries.

Division I-FCS Southern defeated JSU by 18. Division II Tuskegee defeated JSU by 26.

And Alcorn got blown out by a marginally above average GSU that struggled with Division II Clark Atlanta ... Alcorn has officially been exposed.
How bad Grambling beat j st?

This is why some HBCUs on the FCS level can't get out of the cellar. They want to place D2 HBCUs on the same level as FCS HBCUs. Tuskegee barely beat a 2-6 Kentucky State team at a score of 26-21 this weekend. Alcorn blasted Miles College 50-21 and Miles College blasted Kentucky State 35-0. Using this point difference logic, Alcorn has a 59 point edge over Tuskegee. I'm sure young high school recruits get confused when someone tries to explain to them the difference between FCS HBCUs and D2 HBCUs. Here's a bit of helpful advice for those cellar dweller FCS HBCUs. D2 SCHOOLS ARE NOT ON YOUR LEVEL, THEREFORE TREAT THEM AS SUCH.

Last edited:

You can always go to the link below and swing from Skegee and a few others (WSSU) gonads. I'm sure they would love you.

https://onnidan1.com/forum/index.php?action=forum

I'm lost on how they were exposed. Seriously. ONLY Grambling has been able to contain Alcorn the last few years. No one else in the SWAC has the talent to do it on defense like they do.

The SWAC comes down between three teams, Gram, Southern and Alcorn. Gram and Alcorn are the most talented and Southern is riding right up under them. The Bayou Classic is what keeps Southern in the race because anything can happen in that game.

Getting the bye week before the A&M game helps Alcorn more than anything because A&M has to play with all their heart and soul in the MCC this week. They may be emotionally and physically spent when they travel to Alcorn next week.

Thank you.

What gets me, these 100 years D2 schools claim to be progressive, but they want FCS HBCUs to regress to their level so that they can share some of the wealth and success that FCS HBCUs have experienced in big classic games, bowl games, and media exposure in general. IMO, they need to move their butts up to the FCS level if they want that experience. And if they really are the trailblazers they so proclaim, maybe they could be one of the first HBCUs to go FBS. This is why I think JSU should have made Tuskegee travel to Memorial for a game. IMO, both the SWAC and MEAC conferences should ban their schools from playing D2 schools at neutral sites or some home and home game series.

Let's be frank.....You are miserable because txsu has a poor football program. You have been running down SWAC football since your delusion of grandeur thoughts of your tigers competing have been crushed. This is nothing new and all of your people hyperbole over the summer was not fooling anyone. Misery loves company and unfortunately we don't have a low self esteem forum. txsu is a basketball school and their fans should have a restraining order when it comes to talking about football. txsu is a commuter school that plays football games in an orange soccer stadium...It is who you people are and the sooner you accept your lot in football life the better the depression will get.......Don't shoot the messenger for calling out transparency....

This is why some HBCUs on the FCS level can't get out of the cellar. They want to place D2 HBCUs on the same level as FCS HBCUs. Tuskegee barely beat a 2-6 Kentucky State team at a score of 26-21 this weekend. Alcorn blasted Miles College 50-21 and Miles College blasted Kentucky State 35-0. Using this point difference logic, Alcorn has a 59 point edge over Tuskegee. I'm sure young high school recruits get confused when someone tries to explain to them the difference between FCS HBCUs and D2 HBCUs. Here's a bit of helpful advice for those cellar dweller FCS HBCUs. D2 SCHOOLS ARE NOT ON YOUR LEVEL, THEREFORE TREAT THEM AS SUCH.
O i was waiting on him to answer my question, i was gone blast him of that point logic method smh. With his logic Grambling who he believes is going to win the conference would lose to Tuskegee. All these band geeks all of sudden know football smh, thats y the ncaa so messed up because you have non football people making up football rules who know nothing about SPORTS!!

I'm lost on how they were exposed. Seriously. ONLY Grambling has been able to contain Alcorn the last few years. No one else in the SWAC has the talent to do it on defense like they do.

The SWAC comes down between three teams, Gram, Southern and Alcorn. Gram and Alcorn are the most talented and Southern is riding right up under them. The Bayou Classic is what keeps Southern in the race because anything can happen in that game.

Getting the bye week before the A&M game helps Alcorn more than anything because A&M has to play with all their heart and soul in the MCC this week. They may be emotionally and physically spent when they travel to Alcorn next week.
Whats the news on Lenorris?

O i was waiting on him to answer my question, i was gone blast him of that point logic method smh. With his logic Grambling who he believes is going to win the conference would lose to Tuskegee. All these band geeks all of sudden know football smh, thats y the ncaa so messed up because you have non football people making up football rules who know nothing about SPORTS!!

I don't care how sad any FCS HBCUs are, I'm not going to let D2 HBCUs try to pimp away what legendary HBCUs have built on the FCS.

Back