Is it safe to send a child to a school like LSU???

My baby cousin runs track at LSU. She's on the track team and is an AKA there. Even though she said she wishes she went to Spelman instead of LSU, she seems to be good enough. Like all SEC schools, racism is rampant but if you are very cautious where you go, who you talk to, and who you hang with it it's possible to avoid it. She doesn't go to LSU sporting events (racists are known to be there), white frat parties, stay away from bars with confederate flags in it, she spends a lot of time at Southern etc.

And hazing at LSU and most colleges have been bad for a long time and will continue to be. Harvard actually is considering to eliminate their greek system b/c it's been causing so many problems and encouraging students to overindulge in reprehensible behavior ... it's just reckless and dangerous. My cousin was hazed and "jokes" about it all the time .... the groups that are the loudest about non-hazing are the biggest hazers .... the irony is amazing

I don't have sympathy for people who willing go through hazing just to fit in with a group of people who still may not like you after you finish ... it's the epitome of stupidity.

Last edited:

Hazing still happens at colleges, you just don't hear about it. Why would you let an 18 year Freshman pledge? Unlike most HBCUs, PWCs have frat houses where they can haze pledges in the privacy of their frat houses.

My baby cousin runs track at LSU. She's on the track team and is an AKA there. Even though she said she wishes she went to Spelman instead of LSU, she seems to be good enough. Like all SEC schools, racism is rampant but if you are very cautious where you go, who you talk to, and who you hang with it it's possible to avoid it. She doesn't go to LSU sporting events (racists are known to be there), white frat parties, stay away from bars with confederate flags in it, she spends a lot of time at Southern etc.

And hazing at LSU and most colleges have been bad for a long time and will continue to be. Harvard actually is considering to eliminate their greek system b/c it's been causing so many problems and encouraging students to overindulge in reprehensible behavior ... it's just reckless and dangerous. My cousin was hazed and "jokes" about it all the time .... the groups that are the loudest about non-hazing are the biggest hazers .... the irony is amazing

I don't have sympathy for people who willing go through hazing just to fit in with a group of people who still may not like you after you finish ... it's the epitome of stupidity.
I'm trying to figure out why cousin is/has stayed? I see nothing positive about her experience...and everyone has options...

I'm trying to figure out why cousin is/has stayed? I see nothing positive about her experience...and everyone has options...

I know a young lady that took 7 years to graduate from LSU with an undergrad degree. She portrays this image of being pro black but when she goes to LSU you see her posting nothing but pictures with white folks.

Back