Haymer Speaks in Video with USM Band Director

Okay Boom let's get this straight right now. We will not be dancing or playing along side or in unison with USM when we go down there next year! A joint statement with their band director will be fine if they request something like that. But otherwise none of that black dancing with the PWI band. That's not how we roll! We'll leave that kind of stuff to Grambling and other bands like that.

Okay Boom let's get this straight right now. We will not be dancing or playing along side or in unison with USM when we go down there next year! A joint statement with their band director will be fine if they request something like that. But otherwise none of that black dancing with the PWI band. That's not how we roll! We'll leave that kind of stuff to Grambling and other bands like that.
Who danced with USM lol

The joint performance was a great gesture to honor the spirit and effort of Americans to respond to the disasters (Texas & Florida) that have bombarded our shores. I thought it was a wondeful gesure, and if I were band director, I would have accepted it too!

I would have blown Welcome To The Jungle, I Want It That Way, Hello by Adele and a shorten version Bohemian Rhapsody at USM. Analyze your audience and blow accordingly.

The Dolls were bouncing in that "Whiskey" video. I like the Dolls when they were all high yellow and dayum near white. ;)

If USM's Band Director wanted to play "Are You From Dixie" with the Jokebox, Haymer would have said "Yes I'm from Dixie, let's do this for the publicity."

Last edited:
Closed minded people i tell ya.
You can't have it both ways. Them jokers at USM are some of the most racist folks in Mississippi and folks laughin, shuckin and jivin with them same folks as if everything's alright and dandy.
Come on man.

Last edited:
The joint performance was a great gesture to honor the spirit and effort of Americans to respond to the disasters (Texas & Florida) that have bombarded our shores. I thought it was a wondeful gesure, and if I were band director, I would have accepted it too!
This had zero to do with anything to honor the spirit and effort. Why suddenly do this when a Black band comes to town? That damn band director just didn't want to be embarrassed by the Jukes blowing on them and Haymer fell for it.
Do a joint gesture to take down that damn dixie flag if you want to be serious.
Now THAT would've been a REAL gesture of spirit and effort.

This had zero to do with anything to honor the spirit and effort. Why suddenly do this when a Black band comes to town? That damn band director just didn't want to be embarrassed by the Jukes blowing on them and Haymer fell for it.
Do a joint gesture to take down that damn dixie flag if you want to be serious.
Now THAT would've been a REAL gesture of spirit and effort.
You do know that SU performed a full halftime show and Southern Miss performed their own full halftime show prior to this right? You do know that both bands played in the stands separately after this right?

Hell y'all traveled and played with unregistered students, so why not?

Back