Last Chance U on Netflix

The Great White Hope.

netflix29s-3-web.jpg

Yea she really cared about the players

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
just finished watching it....when the fight went down all of a sudden they can't stand coach and its a black and white issue but those same cats would not consider an HBCU by no means

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
the ones who down every school except SEC schools I meant...

Thats the culture at EMCC its pretty much SEC or bust...and its pretty sad to hear how they liked how they were portrayed in the docu-series....I think a DJ Law was a good guy but he needed guidance that his coaching staff wasnt providing...

Lawd ya'll I'm trying to watch this first episode but it is extremely difficult seeing how misguided these kids are, it's scary, I want to cry for them, then I am mad at their early education teachers or the lack there of, their parents, if these kids make it to the NFL they will still be Fucced with folk taking their money this is horrible football is all they can do and when it is over

Man,
Watched it. This is actually super sad. It felt a little personal because I swear I was seeing some of my teammates all over again. Its crazy, we have big, strong, dominant athletes who have been bred to be mentally weak and timid.

Cats got no guidance. I don't know if I can finish this show. A lot of stuff don't get to me normally but this show hit me.

Late to the party on this show, enjoyed watching it but felt sorry for these players who think they were going to go on to these SEC schools and then the NFL. Surprised that the 3 Swac Mississippi schools don't have a pipeline into this school.

How is a school like this able to fund that football program?
The stadium, uniforms and everything else. They got more uniform and helmet combos than all the Swac schools and even the Meac schools.

I'll have to watch the 2nd season when it comes out.

Late to the party on this show, enjoyed watching it but felt sorry for these players who think they were going to go on to these SEC schools and then the NFL. Surprised that the 3 Swac Mississippi schools don't have a pipeline into this school.

The stadium, uniforms and everything else. They got more uniform and helmet combos than all the Swac schools and even the Meac schools.

Mississippi has some odd laws that allow community colleges to be funded better than secondary schools and some universities (Alcorn, Valley). The largest college system in Mississippi is Hinds Community College which has over 30K (which includes the Utica campus (a HBCU)). There are NO run down JUCO campuses in Mississippi. I stay 5 miles from MDCC and they entire campus is getting a face lift building by building. Even small Coahoma (a HBCU) has a nice campus

EMCC and their ilk are there to funnel athletes and regular students to Ole Miss and Mississippi State first (and the other SEC schools)

Hughes got our DB coach from there and a couple players last year but just as you saw and like inthe662 said: those guys are going there on being sold a dream to play in the SEC etc after a year.

Hughes got our DB coach from there and a couple players last year but just as you saw and like inthe662 said: those guys are going there on being sold a dream to play in the SEC etc after a year.
That's just another of the many recruiting hurdles that JSU, Valley and Alcorn face when recruiting in MS. These JUCO's tell kids, even the ones with good grades, that if they pass on that SWAC offer and spend two years at their school, they will have a shot at the SEC or at least an FBS program. And even after they sign with us, we still have to compete with them to retain our recruits. Delta State has lost some kids to those schools, too.

That's just another of the many recruiting hurdles that JSU, Valley and Alcorn face when recruiting in MS. These JUCO's tell kids, even the ones with good grades, that if they pass on that SWAC offer and spend two years at their school, they will have a shot at the SEC or at least an FBS program. And even after they sign with us, we still have to compete with them to retain our recruits. Delta State has lost some kids to those schools, too.
Parents or someone sane has to get through to these kids.

Back