HBCU Basketball: January 2-4

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Its rough in the Swac this season lol. Still early though (injuries etc still can happen). Didn't expect Aamu, bama, nor Su to be 0-2 and didn't expect Gsu to be 2-0. I take back my statement about there only being 5 legitimate contenders. This is the Swac and anything can happen.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Exactly. That's why we don't get too high/low on pre-conference records. Once you get into SWAC play the game plan changes.
But we need to "get high" on these pre-conference games and prepare for the NCAA tourney. Wouldn't you agree? I mean, it would be good for the conference to be a consistent 13 or 14 seed vs. a consistent play-in.

TSU wins second straight contest with big home win over Braves

HOUSTON- Jose Rodriguez scored a team high 18 points and recorded 8 rebounds as he led Texas Southern to their second straight conference win, beating the visiting Braves from Alcorn State 74-58 Monday night at the HPE Arena.

It was a team effort, as TSU had six players score in double figures. Freshman forward Derrick Griffin contributed another double-double as he grabbed a game high 13 rebounds and scored 10 points on 4-of-7 shooting, while guard David Blanks had a solid performance, scoring 10 points and dishing out a game high 6 assists.

http://tsusports.com/news/2016/1/4/MBB_0104160240.aspx?path=mbball

But we need to "get high" on these pre-conference games and prepare for the tourney. Wouldn't you agree?

Of course I agree! I hate it we couldn't beat some of the obvious teams we should have (Howard, Washington State, Mississippi State, Stephen F. Austin, Central Michigan and Iona).

Back