Sore Shins

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
What do you do for them? I jog/brisk walk daily and my chins are killing me. I can't seem to get rid of this soreness...any suggestions?

Re: Sore Chins

What do you do for them? I jog/brisk walk daily and my chins are killing me. I can't seem to get rid of this soreness...any suggestions?

Your chins? Keep walking/jogging. That ought to help those chins. Whatever you do, DON'T let the Big Bad Wolf in. :no:

:lol:

Now if your shins are bothering you, I would recommend seeing a doctor. He or she is probably going to recommend that you take a break on the walking/jogging or look into some new shoes.

:nod:

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Shins right? Put some Ice on them after you workout or use bio freeze or icy hot after workout...Also soak in epson salt then put on the bio freeze right before bed this should help. After you continue to walk/run it will go away.

Tell him to hold your hair tight, that way your chin want get sore when you going up and down. Now you can put some icey hot on your shins. :lol:

Refraining from falling down would be the first thing I would suggest. Concrete is unforgiving on the human body, especially the head area.

Maybe trying switching up your routine (weight training- upper body, yoga, etc) to relieve some of that pressure you're putting on your legs.

Are you walking/jogging on concrete or something similar everyday, too? That's gotta be rough on the lower body a little.

Crit, what about form? Do you think proper heel-to-toe form when walking or running may also be helpful?

Crit, what about form? Do you think proper heel-to-toe form when walking or running may also be helpful?

I would think it would help? I was wearing some wrong shoes to kickbox cardio for a while. Switched them out to a more of a fitting shoe, and it made a world of difference! That cooling pad, like someone mentioned, should help, too. Don't forget to stretch.

Warn, next time you're at the doc's office, see what he/she says.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I would think it would help? I was wearing some wrong shoes to kickbox cardio for a while. Switched them out to a more of a fitting shoe, and it made a world of difference! That cooling pad, like someone mentioned, should help, too. Don't forget to stretch.

Warn, next time you're at the doc's office, see what he/she says.

Yep.

I'm thinking shoes, form and maybe overdoing it a little bit right now. I would see what a doctor says to make sure it's not stress fractures or something like that.

:tup:

I'm starting to think it may be something serious...maybe I should se a doctor. My legs shouldn't be hurting like this.

Thanks everyone!

Wow I hope you feel better soon because I can really imagine what you're going thru...When I first started running about 6 weeks ago, I had the same exact problem... I was thinking I had a serious injury like a hairline fracture or something because my shin - just the right one, hurt like nobody's business... I could barely walk...But guess what...It was my shoes... Shox look cute but they ARE NOT a good running shoe.. I invested in a pair of (stability/cushion) Asics Gels and I could feel an immediate difference. For the pain, I iced after each run and took anti - inflammatory meds... Now my shins are good to go! Had my first 20 minute run last week! This week it's 25 minutes! I know that's not much but for someone who could barely do 3 minutes, 25 is a huge milestone! :flippy:
I'm starting to think it may be something serious...maybe I should se a doctor. My legs shouldn't be hurting like this.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Wow I hope you feel better soon because I can really imagine what you're going thru...When I first started running about 6 weeks ago, I had the same exact problem... I was thinking I had a serious injury like a hairline fracture or something because my shin - just the right one, hurt like nobody's business... I could barely walk...But guess what...It was my shoes... Shox look cute but they ARE NOT a good running shoe.. I invested in a pair of (stability/cushion) Asics Gels and I could feel an immediate difference. For the pain, I iced after each run and took anti - inflammatory meds... Now my shins are good to go! Had my first 20 minute run last week! This week it's 25 minutes! I know that's not much but for someone who could barely do 3 minutes, 25 is a huge milestone! :flippy:

You already a dimond what you trying to turn into..lol Good deal a lot of folks cannot run 20 minutes consistantly keep it up... I used to love running but now I have to get off fast so I run two miles in 21 minutes and get off and go lift. Then I walk for 10 minutes after the lifting..

Last edited:

Shucks, I can't run a consistent 20 - 25 min...that's too much. LOL...:eek: I run, then walk, then run, then walk...and so on. My shins actually feel much better today...I need to invest in a good running shoe...I really think that's my issue too.

Thanks guys/gals! :D

Go to Fleet Feet and have them get you fitted for the correct shoe. You may also need some inserts. Cute shoes are not always the best shoes for running.

Shucks, I can't run a consistent 20 - 25 min...that's too much. LOL...:eek: I run, then walk, then run, then walk...and so on. My shins actually feel much better today...I need to invest in a good running shoe...I really think that's my issue too.

Thanks guys/gals! :D
:tup: I'm glad you are feeling better!

You already a dimond what you trying to turn into..lol Good deal a lot of folks cannot run 20 minutes consistantly keep it up... I used to love running but now I have to get off fast so I run two miles in 21 minutes and get off and go lift. Then I walk for 10 minutes after the lifting..

:lol:Mane, I'm just tryna keep up with you and the missus! Yall look fabulous!

Go to Fleet Feet and have them get you fitted for the correct shoe. You may also need some inserts. Cute shoes are not always the best shoes for running.

Amen to that! Those darn Nike Shox almost put me outta commission! :shame:

Last edited:
Back