BREAKING NEWS!!! Osama Bin Laden is DEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Kendrick, you have to take time to understand how the oil refiners purchase oil, why they purchase it from certain places, and why it makes a difference. Also, understand who owns the companies that are doing the drilling. Like I said, if you want to do a THOROUGH article, you need to do more research. If you want to do an article that sounds good but isn't complete, do what you're doing now.

I got a 1500 word limit so I'm still talking to those in the know about about it.

Other Question J4L.. you with gas being over 4 bucks?!?

How about the POOR people you was so conserned for... You do realize that's another way of TAXING the SHYT out the poor right?...lmao

I promise you the poor is feeling it the most! well not the ones with out cars...

Bus fair about to go up though.. bet that!

Other Question J4L.. you with gas being over 4 bucks?!?

How about the POOR people you was so conserned for... You do realize that's another way of TAXING the SHYT out the poor right?...lmao

I promise you the poor is feeling it the most! well not the ones with out cars...

Bus fair about to go up though.. bet that!

Didn't you say poor folks live off the government anyway? They'll be ok, right? SMH

Dont forget to talk to Jayrob and that 45 yr old band dude.

Leave JR out of this son...dude ain't say nothing to you. I wonder it calling someone totally out o fo their age is considered an attack... Let me ask Fiya about this.. hold on son...

:tup:

Folks, the U.S. now owes China 1.2 trillion dollars. If China demanded that money now, we'd be up doo-doo creek. Our economy is in shambles right now. From the looks of those numbers, it seems that our economy depends a lot on China.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/03/01/134159785/the-u-s-owes-china-1-2-trillion
Aint gonna happen because that U.S. debt they own is still a two way business street.

With all the building, (infastructure), China need the U.S. also. They need those fortune 500 U.S. companies to stay located. Companies like IBM, GM, FORD, BUICK, etc. They have massive operations in China so it ain't like China is going to start demanding anything that will cause friction in the business/money department. You would be surprised at just how deep U.S Corporations are in the mix in Chinas growing economy and jobs.

Last edited:
Didn't you say poor folks live off the government anyway? They'll be ok, right? SMH

Go in the hood and say that.. I bet you won't get out...lmao

And I ain't have to say it.. YOU say it.. maybe not on here... but who on here don't know where FOOD STAMPS, SECTION 8 HouSing.. PROJECTS come from?

Did you you forget?...smdh

No fair dude.. you are "thinking" and these other folk is letting the government think for them...

Well, this is more of a Chicago angle than nationally. Right now city drivers pay an average of like $4.35 a gallon for gas -- highest in the country. The guy I spoke to last week said he worked with Obama when he was senator here, was a nice man but doesn't understand why he won't allow us to drill for our own oil.

He said doing so would put people back to work and help stimulate the economy. Oh, he was really pissed at our local politicians because we pay more than 50 cents extra for a gallon of gas due to multiple gas taxes.

What J4L fails to reveal is that most major oil companies make huge profits, yet are untaxed by the U.S. government.

You are right. Exxon turned a 68 percent profit recently. Gas dealers set the price and are not regulated.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Aint gonna happen because that U.S. debt they own is still a two way business street.

With all the building, (infastructure), China need the U.S. also. They need those fortune 500 U.S. companies to stay located. Companies like IBM, GM, FORD, BUICK, etc. They have massive operations in China so it ain't like China is going to start demanding anything that will cause friction in the business/money department. You would be surprised at just how deep U.S Corporations are in the mix in Chinas growing economy and jobs.

But most of those companies aren't paying taxes like they should. Those same companies are not owned by the U.S. government, but they're making money by being on U.S. soil, but aren't paying taxes in return like you and most of us are.

Gasoline in Europe should have no bearing on prices in the U.S.. Two totally different scenarios. As a matter of fact, gasoline in Puerto Rico is less than 1.80 right now and they're part of U.S. territory. That says a lot right there.

Here are other gas prices in other countries.

Russia Moscow $2.10
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

I found your CNN source... FROM MARCH 2005. :lmao:

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/

That was before Katrina... in M,arch 2005 U.S. gas price average was $2.05/gallon. http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/17/news/economy/aaa/index.htm

Please start a new thread - this has gone into a subject that has nothing to do with the title of this posting.

You are right. Exxon turned a 68 percent profit recently. Gas dealers set the price and are not regulated.

Again, you make another good point. The gas companies aren't regulated by the U.S. government. The government regulates most companies, but not the oil companies. Imagine if the average American got off the hook by the IRS like these oil companies are getting off the hook. We'd have more money to support ourselves and our families.

Well, this is more of a Chicago angle than nationally. Right now city drivers pay an average of like $4.35 a gallon for gas -- highest in the country. The guy I spoke to last week said he worked with Obama when he was senator here, was a nice man but doesn't understand why he won't allow us to drill for our own oil.

He said doing so would put people back to work and help stimulate the economy. Oh, he was really pissed at our local politicians because we pay more than 50 cents extra for a gallon of gas due to multiple gas taxes.

This makes too much sense... but folk that don't know WTF they are talking about and wait for the 6 o clock news will say some totally off the wall dumb shty to make them feel better about who they elected.. This goes both ways, both parties..

Exactly. Folks need to visit China and see how much they depend on us. LOL.

Again, you make another good point. The gas companies aren't regulated by the U.S. government. The government regulates most companies, but not the oil companies. Imagine if the average American got off the hook by the IRS like these oil companies are getting off the hook. We'd have more money to support ourselves and our families.

So, we cant support ourselves and our families becasue the IRS dont collect on Oil Companies?

What J4L fails to reveal is that most major oil companies make huge profits, yet are untaxed by the U.S. government.

Of course they do!! That's why I think they should lose their tax credits!!!

BTW, MOST large companies pay no, or very little taxes. GE is not an oil company and they paid absolutely no federal income taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back