Simply Redd.......R.I.P.

man im reading all these touching post and i see that she had an impact on so many people. she will dearly be missed. i remember our random conversations on campus. the party she had at her apt in br after the su jsu game in 05... us working together at convergys while in undergrad..smh. she would come talk to me when customers would frustrate her and i would make her laugh about it. man she was a great person to have known. i'll indeed miss her! RIP

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
the party she had at her apt in br after the su jsu game in 05...

That was probably my fondest memory of her because if I remember correctly, I believe that's when I first met her; and it was so funny because I called myself "crashed" her party. :lol: Yet she still welcomed me in and offered drinks (she had a shat load of top shelf stuff) and fixed me a plate of that BOMB AZZ mac and cheese she made from scratch. :nod: :tup:

But she really had such a sweet spirit; I still laugh at a phone convo I had with her when I told her to quit being so dayumed nice and be a mean azz for a change. :emlaugh: (hell, I need to take my own advice :rolleyes: ); but I'm glad I had the pleasure of meeting her. RIP Redd.......and tell Big Gig I said what's up and Happy early B-day!!! :tup:

It just dawned on me that we've lost 3 folks from TSPN- FUFU, Big Giggly, and now Simply Redd. :bawling:

It just dawned on me that we've lost 3 folks from TSPN- FUFU, Big Giggly, and now Simply Redd. :bawling:

I was trying to remember who the other people were that were once TSPN posters but have now moved on. Wow, all have been very young.

Dayum shole was. :( In fact, Gig has JUST turned 30 when he passed.

~sigh~ :bawling:

Dang..I didn't realize he was so young. He used to be funny on the old band forum on here.

I still keep the PMs that FUFU and I had.....young guy as well and very intelligent brother.

It makes me sad to see that we lost them and Redd at such at young age. Seems like each did live their lives to the fullest though.

It makes you appreciate every day you wake up in this world of ours. All you can do is Thank God and try to be positive about being allowed to live another day and realize no matter how bad things may be ........we are truly blessed.

so what are we supposed to learn from this ya'll??? Man, it just makes you wonder what's next for all of us...We need to continue to thank God EVERY day that he allows us to live life and experience his wonderful world. The stuff we complain about is minor and not even worth it half the time.
:(

I'll admit to wondering the answer to the question in the past and at the present. I know that it is not one that anyone has the answer to as we should not question His will, yet we do.

All I can say is that Redd had a positive spirit and attitude about EVERYTHING. Therefore, it is my thought that we should try to embrace that spirit and attitude.

Re: Arrangements

Funeral services for Niqueta "Redd" Williams will be on Saturday June 6,2009 @ 1pm at The Morehouse District Missionary Baptist Educational Association,Inc. 8420 Collinston Rd Bastrop,La 71220 Flowers may be sent to Loches Mortuary 412 West Hickory Bastrop,La 71220.

On another note...STC, I remember when she told me she met you. She said he is a DIE HARD Gramblingnite. Cool as a fan. Good stories man. Cherish the memories.

We were all supposed to link up for the SU/JSU game at PF Changs. I think she told me Da Hill, NT, DGTM(and Mrs. DGTM) and a couple of others were there. I didn't get into Jackson until midnight but I made sure I saw her at the game Saturday.

Its been 24 hours since I got the news. Still sitting here kinda numb. :(

We are getting ready for a live recording and are in the middle of mandatory practices but i'm gonna make every effort to be there for the services. Anyone else going over. It's about a 1.5 hour drive from Jackson (if memory serves me correctly).

Yea Jax. We all got together the night before JSU-SU 08.
n101702977_30588040_6255.jpg

Dang..I didn't realize he was so young. He used to be funny on the old band forum on here.
I still keep the PMs that FUFU and I had.....young guy as well and very intelligent brother.

It makes me sad to see that we lost them and Redd at such at young age. Seems like each did live their lives to the fullest though.

It makes you appreciate every day you wake up in this world of ours. All you can do is Thank God and try to be positive about being allowed to live another day and realize no matter how bad things may be ........we are truly blessed.

If you thought Gig was funny on the Band Board, he was a riot in person!! :lol: And let me make a correction: Gig was 30, but he died just a a few days before his 31st b-day. I had to think about it because I remember him being a bit depressed about turning 30 (we both turned 30 the same year) and I was trying to cheer him up by telling him how big and sexy he was. :emlaugh: But either way, he was still young.

And you are so right frat.....we ARE truly blessed. I thank God everyday for even the smallest things I take for granted. :nod: I sometimes have to check myself for making a big deal about the small things. One thing about Redd is that in spite of her heart issues, she never once complained. I guess that's why I never thought she was that ill because she was always in good spirits. :nod:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Re: Arrangements

Ahhh the nite with the $8 water. I'm leaving out sometime Friday morning.

We are getting ready for a live recording and are in the middle of mandatory practices but i'm gonna make every effort to be there for the services. Anyone else going over. It's about a 1.5 hour drive from Jackson (if memory serves me correctly).

Yea Jax. We all got together the night before JSU-SU 08.
n101702977_30588040_6255.jpg

WOW. I have been away for a few days, so I'm just seeing this. I didn't know Redd personally, but she seemed to be really sweet. Prayers for her family especially the children.

RIP Redd :(

Red1

Back