Simply Redd.......R.I.P.

I first met Redd in undergrad at an hbcu school newspaper conference. It sounds cliche' but I honestly can't remember a time when she didn't have a SMILE ... considering all she had to endure on this Earth, it's hard to image how she kept one (a smile) sometimes. She was a true example to all of us (I know for me). I will always remember her spirit and her attitude toward life. People are placed on Earth for purpose and if her's was for no other reason than to show Aaron Thompson how to deal with life... her mission was accomplished. For the past few weeks before all of this, i'd already been convicted in my spirit over perspective and priorities. The occurrence of losing this dear friend has only magnified that. I thank God for you Redd and the life and example you've left us all to remember. Whenever i'm tempted to complain I will remember your spirit and your posture toward adversity. Rest in peace!

I have so many words that I could type but it's just very hard right now for me. I just saw Redd 2weeks ago. My daughter calls her Aunt Redd. We talked about football season and how anxious we were for the upcoming season. I asked how she was feelign and she said she was fine. I never forget when we pulled up she was sitting on the porch and she walked down thru the yard to meet us. She gave me and my daughter a big hug. We must have stayed there for an hour or two just talking.

When her sister called me last nite and told me the news it just blew me away. There are so many memories of Redd that I thought about at work today. Today was a really tough day for me as it was for all of us.

Redd never complained. I remember one time I went to the hospital to get her and we went to a football game straight from the hospital. She was waiting on the nurse to come in and let her go but the nurses were talking their time. Redd was tryign to make her best "I'm Mad" face. I even started pacing the hallway to make them hurry up and release Redd. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Redd, You know STC loved You like his own sister. You earned Your rest.

Save me some of that Gumbo upthere.

STC, I thought about you, Bev, Z~ immediately last night going on those road trips with Redd. That's when she was her happiest. I think NeNe said it best, it was like she was trying to do EVERYTHING fast because she knew her time on earth would be short. I'm praying for you dearheart, I know you will miss her.

I miss her little voice and laugh. :( She was so precious, I tell ya. When Nita called me last night, I kept saying WHAT? WHAT? Too unbelievable. I hear her talking about Lu's graduation and how Cameron did good in school too. Lord have mercy on them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I am floored by this news. Although I never got to meet her in person, we sometimes chatted outside of the board. She was simply one of the most upbeat and uplifting people that I've had the pleasure of knowing. She's been sick for a while, but she never complained. I pray that her family and loved ones will be able to cope during this difficult time. God has a special place carved out for Niqueta in Heaven, and Heaven is a better place because she is there. Rest In Peace Niqueta!! :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

My heart is saddened to hear of Redd's untimely passing. As others have stated, I never had the pleasure to meet her, but you could literally feel the warmth and sincerity in all of her posts.

May God Bless the family, friends and all those acquainted SimplyRedd.

And may she dwell in God's eternal resting place. :cry:

This is just unbelievable...she was actively involved with the SU Alumni Morehouse Parish chapter and worked closely with my mom on all of their events. She was the one who helped decorate for their annual alumni gala back in May. My folks and I were in Dallas this past weekend for a wedding and when mom got back last night another alumni member called her late last night to tell her and my mom called me this morning...still just cant believe it. mom is really sad and just can't believe it either. Dag.. :(

so what are we supposed to learn from this ya'll??? Man, it just makes you wonder what's next for all of us...We need to continue to thank God EVERY day that he allows us to live life and experience his wonderful world. The stuff we complain about is minor and not even worth it half the time.
:(

I'm blown away by this, yall.

I've still got Redd's PMs (in my Inbox) from when I sent her Greyhound tickets so she could travel to/from Monroe, going to Houston or Baton Rogue or wherever... She always had a bubbly spirit and truly 'shined through the pain'.

She got me involved in Organ Donation

While I'm typing through my tears, I can hear Mrs. LuRae Mauldin (from my Church's choir) singing.....

...And when I stand before my GOD...
I want to hear HIM say 'Well Done'.
May the works, I've done 'speeeak for meeee'

Go on 'Quita, take your rest......

so what are we supposed to learn from this ya'll??? Man, it just makes you wonder what's next for all of us...We need to continue to thank God EVERY day that he allows us to live life and experience his wonderful world. The stuff we complain about is minor and not even worth it half the time.
AMEN! :nod:

This is just unbelievable...she was actively involved with the SU Alumni Morehouse Parish chapter and worked closely with my mom on all of their events. She was the one who helped decorate for their annual alumni gala back in May. My folks and I were in Dallas this past weekend for a wedding and when mom got back last night another alumni member called her late last night to tell her and my mom called me this morning...still just cant believe it. mom is really sad and just can't believe it either. Dag.. :(

I was gonna post something like this earlier today. Thanks for posting this because people really need to understand this.

I'm blown away by this, yall.

I've still got Redd's PMs (in my Inbox) from when I sent her Greyhound tickets so she could travel to/from Monroe, going to Houston or Baton Rogue or wherever... She always had a bubbly spirit and truly 'shined through the pain'.

She got me involved in Organ Donation

While I'm typing through my tears, I can hear Mrs. LuRae Mauldin (from my Church's choir) singing.....

...And when I stand before my GOD...
I want to hear HIM say 'Well Done'.
May the works, I've done 'speeeak for meeee'

Go on 'Quita, take your rest......

Lord have mercy this whole thread has me just :bawling: That's great to be an organ donor. Redd touched all of our lives in so many ways and I'm so glad I got a chance to give her flowers while she was in the hospital recovering. Her smile and bright personality could light up any cloudy day. I'm very glad our paths crossed in this jouney called life. God has truly smiled on Quita. We've lost a jewel but her memory will forever be treasured.
RIP Redd :angel2:

I saw this on FB. I never met her, but she seem like a good person to know. I am really blown away to know someone who was a regular on the boards is now gone. Thanks Seeing Spots for the details. May she rest in peace and prayers are up to the family.

STC, I thought about you, Bev, Z~ immediately last night going on those road trips with Redd. That's when she was her happiest. I think NeNe said it best, it was like she was trying to do EVERYTHING fast because she knew her time on earth would be short. I'm praying for you dearheart, I know you will miss her.

I miss her little voice and laugh. :( She was so precious, I tell ya. When Nita called me last night, I kept saying WHAT? WHAT? Too unbelievable. I hear her talking about Lu's graduation and how Cameron did good in school too. Lord have mercy on them.

SS, I just had to leave my place. I had to get out and just drive. I just cannot accept that Redd is gone when I just saw her 2wks ago. I gues the memories just trigger so many tears for me. I can remember the first time I met Redd. The first road trip. Our funniest road trips. :lol::lol::lol:

I told Gram4Life about one of Our voyages to the SU/PV game in that hot high school stadium in Houston in 2006. I pick Redd up in Batrop and We roll in my former 1992 Ford Station Wagon "Lucille". Redd had this big ass bag and it was heavy as hell. We leave right after the bastrop high game. We stop in Lake charles at my mom house to take a nap. Redd crashes on the sofa and I crash on the floor. We were determine to make the kickoff in h-town. So we get up in a hurry and get back on the road. By now my brakes are metal on metal but I didnt' tell Redd nothing. I was determined to get us to h-town. LOL!! We finally get there and SU loses. Redd does not even see Pv score cause she went to the bathroom. I remember that whole voyage I was peeping over at Redd whiel she was sleep to make sure she was okay. We talked a long time and then she would doze off. We made it back to lake charles and she met my mom and sister. We got back on the road and headed back to bastrop. I was riding the brakes hard. I was almost putting my foot on the pavement cause I ws pressign so hard on the brakes for the car to stop. Thank God I gut us back to bastrop safely. LOL!!!! Redd and that big ass bag stillhave my shoulder hurt. LOL!!!!!!!

Another funny memory: Redd wanted to go JSU homecoming. My cousin had got the hotel room already but Paul didn't have "Lucille" anymore. So Paul and Redd hopped on the greyhound. Redd didn't want to sit with any wierdos not name Paul so We told people that we had just got engaged and that we wanted to sit together for our trip around the country. LOL!! We sat together and laughed about that all the way to Jackson on the greyhound. LOL!!!!

Redd, I sure do miss You but God knows what's best!!!!

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!!

I KNOW YOU SHINING UPTHERE!!! My Grandma been waiting to meet You upthere.I told Her all about You. Tell her hi for me.

Last edited:
SS, I just had to leave my place. I had to get out and just drive. I just cannot accept that Redd is gone when I just saw her 2wks ago. I gues the memories just trigger so many tears for me. I can remember the first time I met Redd. The first road trip. Our funniest road trips. :lol::lol::lol:

I told Gram4Life about one of Our voyages to the SU/PV game in that hot high school stadium in Houston in 2006. I pick Redd up in Batrop and We roll in my former 1992 Ford Station Wagon "Lucille". Redd had this big ass bag and it was heavy as hell. We leave right after the bastrop high game. We stop in Lake charles at my mom house to take a nap. Redd crashes on the sofa and I crash on the floor. We were determine to make the kickoff in h-town. So we get up in a hurry and get back on the road. By now my brakes are metal on metal but I didnt' tell Redd nothing. I was determined to get us to h-town. LOL!! We finally get there and SU loses. Redd does not even see Pv score cause she went to the bathroom. I remember that whole voyage I was peeping over at Redd whiel she was sleep to make sure she was okay. We talked a long time and then she would doze off. We made it back to lake charles and she met my mom and sister. We got back on the road and headed back to bastrop. I was riding the brakes hard. I was almost putting my foot on the pavement cause I ws pressign so hard on the brakes for the car to stop. Thank God I gut us back to bastrop safely. LOL!!!! Redd and that big ass bag stillhave my shoulder hurt. LOL!!!!!!!

Another funny memory: Redd wanted to go JSU homecoming. My cousin had got the hotel room already but Paul didn't have "Lucille" anymore. So Paul and Redd hopped on the greyhound. Redd didn't want to sit with any wierdos not name Paul so We told people that we had just got engaged and that we wanted to sit together for our trip around the country. LOL!! We sat together and laughed about that all the way to Jackson on the greyhound. LOL!!!!

Redd, I sure do miss You but God knows what's best!!!!

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!!

I KNOW YOU SHINING UPTHERE!!! My Grandma been waiting to meet You upthere.I told Her all about You. Tell her hi for me.

Thanks so much for sharing these stories. It's comforting to know that she had such a full and adventurous life despite the many obstacles and adversities she had to endure. It sorta lets me- someone who only got to communicate with her via pms, fb and tspn- a chance to really see into the heart of this beautiful person... I have to admit that I'm a tiny bit jealous that you got to experience that bit of heaven with her and I didn't. But I'm so thankful that I did know SimplyRedd because she was simply beautiful...I'm sure you feel blessed to have known her on such a personal level. Again, thank you for sharing...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Jesus!!! I just stumbled upon this! I thought it was a thread about the "singer" with that name. Redd was soooo cool! I cant' believe it! My condolences to Redd's biological AND TSPN family!

Arrangements

Funeral services for Niqueta "Redd" Williams will be on Saturday June 6,2009 @ 1pm at The Morehouse District Missionary Baptist Educational Association,Inc. 8420 Collinston Rd Bastrop,La 71220 Flowers may be sent to Loches Mortuary 412 West Hickory Bastrop,La 71220.

On another note...STC, I remember when she told me she met you. She said he is a DIE HARD Gramblingnite. Cool as a fan. Good stories man. Cherish the memories.

We were all supposed to link up for the SU/JSU game at PF Changs. I think she told me Da Hill, NT, DGTM(and Mrs. DGTM) and a couple of others were there. I didn't get into Jackson until midnight but I made sure I saw her at the game Saturday.

Its been 24 hours since I got the news. Still sitting here kinda numb. :(

R.I.P. little sister

"you know not the minute nor the hour"
Lets get back to loving each other yall.

Sonny
Looks like a SWAC page reunion in this thread.

I've been thinking about Niqueta ever since I heard the news about her passing. I keep hearing this song in my head. :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7mDoZ4VOK50&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7mDoZ4VOK50&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I remember not too long ago, Redd said something like
my post make me seem quirky & intelligent, & that
all her buddies were like that, and she enjoyed that because it
made life interesting.

I see I missed out on knowing a great person
on this side.

Take your rest my sista, if you must,
we'll meet someday.

Last edited:
Re: Arrangements

Funeral services for Niqueta "Redd" Williams will be on Saturday June 6,2009 @ 1pm at The Morehouse District Missionary Baptist Educational Association,Inc. 8420 Collinston Rd Bastrop,La 71220 Flowers may be sent to Loches Mortuary 412 West Hickory Bastrop,La 71220.

Thanks A~. Can you get me a bio/obit of Redd to post on the front page.

Everybody, Kenn will set up a donation thread for Niqueta's children, Cameron and Lucian.

this really touched home because my girlfriend turns 25 this year and she has to sign up for the list..

I went to High School with Redd, and for as long as I can remember she was one of the most friendly people you would ever meet. Still in shock even being aware of her condition. There are not very many people that I will honestly speak highly of from Bastrop High, but was is one of them. She was beautiful inside and out 100% of the time. Take your rest Redd.

Back