Your Opinion on this....

The Founder

My lady's son is in the 7th grade and trains with the high school guys. He plays for the junior high but the coach for the high school has took notice and wants him to play for both squads. Is it too much?

A couple of other kids kids do this and have done it for years. None of the parents complain and I see it as a maturity thing. The school he attends is powerhouse football school for Louisiana.

He plays Defensive End. 5'6'' and is 150. He's going to be a good size dude. I'll post pics of him as the season progresses.

My younger brother did... he was fine. I think it'll push him. Just watch him closely and if something doesn't sit right with you tell the coach it'll have to be either/or.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I say as long as he's able to keep his schoolwork straight then he should be allowed to try it. I'd watch the few practices to see how he plays against the HS kids before making it set in stone.

I didn't even know that was possible? I mean, I've heard of 7th or 8th graders playing on the Varsity team at small private schools.

The most I've seen at a bigger public school, was a JV player getting to dress out with the Varsity team.

I didn't even know that was possible? I mean, I've heard of 7th or 8th graders playing on the Varsity team at small private schools.

The most I've seen at a bigger public school, was a JV player getting to dress out with the Varsity team.

It's a single A school...small but a hell of a football tradition. Hell they have kids up there that will put many of SWAC players to the test. Last season there was not one game that I did not see a representative from a BCS program. Hell one game I saw LSU, SU, Tech, Georgia, Arkansas, and Nebraska there.

Back