Young came off as immature and ungracious when Bush won the Heisman

TIger Recruiter I

Young is the greater talent. Leinart has the greater talent around him. Both know how to win. Both have faltered when they failed to cap their emotions. Leinart struggled in the first half of his last home game against UCLA. Young came off as immature and ungracious when Bush won the Heisman.

Some people just don't get its not that the kid was immature or ungracious. He was dissappointed. I guess your supposed to be happy to lose an award that you should have won. I just don't get White Folks. :confused:

TSU_TIGERNUPE said:
. I guess your supposed to be happy to lose an award that you should have won. I just don't get White Folks. :confused:
:confused:
Get Ready dont get it either.....are you saying that Young should have won the Heisman?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
TSU_TIGERNUPE said:
Young is the greater talent. Leinart has the greater talent around him. Both know how to win. Both have faltered when they failed to cap their emotions. Leinart struggled in the first half of his last home game against UCLA. Young came off as immature and ungracious when Bush won the Heisman.

Where did you hear this?

Im saying that Vince was a better athlete than the voting tally. And yes I think he should have been upset and i am glad that he showed his emotions and was not fake about his feelings toward not winning. I got this from the USCPN (espn.com)

Updated: Dec. 27, 2005, 7:11 PM ET
Leinart, Young legacies on the lineBy Ivan Maisel
ESPN.com
Archive

TSU_TIGERNUPE said:
Im saying that Vince was a better athlete than the voting tally. And yes I think he should have been upset and i am glad that he showed his emotions and was not fake about his feelings toward not winning. I got this from the USCPN (espn.com)

Updated: Dec. 27, 2005, 7:11 PM ET
Leinart, Young legacies on the lineBy Ivan Maisel
ESPN.com
Archive

Can you post the link to the article?

Thank you.

I think its some HATE going on.

VY will win the Championship and put the demons to rest.
Stop with this "I Heard Vince" schit.

So he was supposed to be happy that they gave it to BUSH 4 weeks before the season ended.

Heck, there was no suspense.
If I was him, I would not have made the trip. What's the point of traveling all those miles just to sit in a chair knowing your name has no chance in he!! of being called?

staggalee83 said:
Heck, there was no suspense.
If I was him, I would not have made the trip. What's the point of traveling all those miles just to sit in a chair knowing your name has no chance in he!! of being called?

Free trip to NY.

Matt had already won the award. He wouldn't be AS disappointed as Vince. I personally don't think Bush is the best running back on his team, much less in the nation.

Vince is more valuable to Texas than Bush is to USC. USC wouldn't miss a beat without BUSH. However UT would really be hurt without Vince. Did Bush deserve to win? Yes.

I think with Bush winning the Heisman, all the MEDIA attention that USC is getting, couple with the fact they are defending 2 time national champs makes it seem as though UT isn't getting any respect (and they shouldn't). Therefore, MACK BROWN really doesn't need to do anything to fire up UT to play this game. The players can see they are not getting any respect.

UT will come out kicking USC #*(#.

mannnnnnnnn can 7 o clock get here soon enough.:smash:

btw props to JoePa and Penn State for the win last night.:cool:

Da_Sperm said:
Matt had already won the award. He wouldn't be AS disappointed as Vince. I personally don't think Bush is the best running back on his team, much less in the nation.

Vince is more valuable to Texas than Bush is to USC. USC wouldn't miss a beat without BUSH. However UT would really be hurt without Vince. Did Bush deserve to win? Yes.

I think with Bush winning the Heisman, all the MEDIA attention that USC is getting, couple with the fact they are defending 2 time national champs makes it seem as though UT isn't getting any respect (and they shouldn't). Therefore, MACK BROWN really doesn't need to do anything to fire up UT to play this game. The players can see they are not getting any respect.

UT will come out kicking USC #*(#.

Sperm? You da man

Bush is a great college back and did deserve the trophy.
For me, DeAngelo Williams is the best in the country.

Get Ready said:
Sperm? You da man

Bush is a great college back and did deserve the trophy.
For me, DeAngelo Williams is the best in the country.
Now you are talking. If nothing else he should have at least goten more consideration, but of course playing for a mid major didn't help his cause.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
MightyDog said:
I saw Young's expression when Bush name was called. It was a normal reaction for a human being.

I wonder what Bush and Leinhart expressions were after VY tapped that @ss lastnight and walked away with the hardware?:D

purple hill II said:
I wonder what Bush and Leinhart expressions were after VY tapped that @ss lastnight and walked away with the hardware?:D

I don't know what their expressions were, but I know what they were saying.

"I'll be da%%ed"

Leinhart called Young a "freakish athlete", after saying that USC was better, and lost the game to Texas.

LenDale White shoulda gotten 35-40 carries last night. He would hate me this morning if were his coach.

I don't know how Young came across after Bush won the Heisman, but last night he came across as simply the best player on the field. By far.

yeah rob,
I noticed Leinhart's crying lil post-game comments too. btw, he's way overrated.

I'm so glag Young won...and he has stated that he IS coming back next year....Linert (sp) is a byach to me.....he's only a good QB because he has a good back field....

I Think Vince was probably implying that "Texas" would be back next year in the Title game. Not sure if he really meant he would be back.

Plus right now his stock is probably so high, he could cash in on a really lucrative "front heavy" NFL contract. Strike while the iron is hot!

Staying another year has probably dropped Lienart's stock.

(Remember the guys at North Carolina said they were coming back for another run......Until the reality of the $$$$$ sat in)

PV-PRIDE said:
I Think Vince was probably implying that "Texas" would be back next year in the Title game. Not sure if he really meant he would be back.

Vince Young committed to comming back to Texas after the Ohio State Game. He said then that no matter what, he would be comming back for his senior season.

The dude owns Texas now.
He has bought them what Major Applewhite, Sims, and a slew of other BIG TIME USATODAY QB's could not do.

A win over Oklahoma and the BIG 12 Championship, the only 2 Rose Bowl victories in Texas history and a National Championship.

Besides, he may be #1 in the draft this year, but let the field clear out. Next year he will be by himself at the top.

Robber said:
Leinhart called Young a "freakish athlete", after saying that USC was better, and lost the game to Texas.

Spoken like a true "ballroom dancing" scholar. :lol:

PV-PRIDE said:
Plus right now his stock is probably so high, he could cash in on a really lucrative "front heavy" NFL contract. Strike while the iron is hot!

Staying another year has probably dropped Lienart's stock.

ESPN radio was saying that this morning. Vince needs to go to the League.
Fugg a Heisman.

Umm did Lienart come off as immature when he lost teh National Title game. Was he eating on sour grapes too?

VY was simply disappointed. He truly thought he should have won, how can you fault a kid for that. It is sad that in todays world if you express your true feelings and not give the PC answer, you are labeled as some type of whiner.

Back