Ya'll almost let me forget (smh)

Tigerpride

THE Logical ONE
TP's yearly predictions:

I don't have time to do a lot but I will let you know how I see the teams overall.

1. PV should be the class of the SWAC. They still need to improve the defense a bit but they ended the season on a good note going in the right direction. However, everytime I think they are on the right track, they flop.

2. Grambling should be good. How good remains to be seen. With their 44 transfers, I think they filled some needed gaps. Remember, just 3 years ago, they were the worst team in FCS so the talent still needed an upgrade. They have one of the best OCs in HBCU land. The winner of the GSU vs PV game will go to Houston.

3. Alabama State. I'm giving them #3 based on ONE thing: Jenkins. You can't deny the man's track record and we can look at last year as a rebuilding year. Nothing was impressive about his team last year so they will need to improve a LOT to really get this number 3 spot.

4. Jackson State. Improved coaching from top to bottom and a renewed energy on offense. I think we have a pretty good defense but Germany is schooling them everyday. Either our offense is that good or our defense is that bad. To me, our defense was the best unit on the team already but the offense and special teams never helped them out. If they get help from the offense and special teams, we could have the SWACs top defense. The winner of the JSU vs AlaState game will go to Houston.

5. Alcorn: Not even sure where to begin here but I put them at #5 because I can't see them beating any of the teams ranked 1-4. The coaching staff is only a shell of themselves and, unlike GSU, they didn't take the initiative to fill talent gaps left by graduation.

6. Southern. 3 years ago, this SU team would have been ranked 2nd in the SWAC but times have changed. Its hard to tell if SU can keep up. Losing Germany is going to hurt more than they are willing to acknowledge and their defense remains questionable. Quinn remains the X factor and will probably keep them on the winning side of a season record if they can overcome the Alcorn hump.

7. MS Valley: This is where you simply rank the worst of what's left. Comegy is in his 3rd year and he seems to have one of the best kept secrets in the conference at QB. Like Jenkins, Comegy is a winner. He won't win at Valley but I think we see a better product.

8. TxSo: The talent at TxSU was not really lacking so with a new staff, I look for a renewed use of the talent they have. In years to come, this could be a dangerous team but that coach is probably more boring than Fobbs and that's next to impossible.

9. AAMU. The pistol will never work for them. Not worth detailed analysis.

10. UAPB. This team just needs prayer. Not worth detailed analysis.

SCG Prediction: PV vs Alabama State in Houston. PV wins.

Last edited:

Not bad TP... I actually agree with this. I would say that alcorn still has a chance to get to scg with their offense. All I know is PV is a heavy favorite in the west.

I still say GSU is the team to beat in the West and I wouldn't put SU that low. I'd put SU 4 JSU 5 and Alcorn 6 but good synopsis.

I'll take that number 8 spot I like when there are no expectations nothing like punching someone in the mouth when they aren't expecting it...Now on behalf of all the Maroon & Gray Fans on this board kiss our collective tails!

I can always count on DCG to add flavor, love it

I still say GSU is the team to beat in the West and I wouldn't put SU that low. I'd put SU 4 JSU 5 and Alcorn 6 but good synopsis.

I'm trying to give Alcorn benefit of the doubt. They own SU lately but if SU beats them, they are def #6.

Question @Tigerpride

Not including my UAPB, are these your final yearly predictions or are they subject to change throughout the season? Your posts suggest that you may "change your mind" about your predictions later on.

TP's yearly predictions:

I don't have time to do a lot but I will let you know how I see the teams overall.

8. TxSo: The talent at TxSU was not really lacking so with a new staff, I look for a renewed use of the talent they have. In years to come, this could be a dangerous team but that coach is probably more boring than Fobbs and that's next to impossible.

So talent has not been a problem at TSU and still is not. But because the one coach in the SWAC that has been successful on the BCS is boring. You discount what he brings go the table. You do know who our new H.C. is right? Imagine a TSU with competent coaching and players that feel the leadership is good and want to play for their team members and coaches.

What your comments really say is you have no idea what to expect and you are hoping it takes the new staff a couple years to get it going.

You will not see the the bumbling fumbling self-destruction TSU of old. If Assberry wouldn't have thrown the games TSU would have beaten jsu the past 2 meetings. Our players saw what their leadership was doing and quit on them. Some of you are in for a huge surprise, others know what's coming. Time will tell all...

So talent has not been a problem at TSU and still is not. But because the one coach in the SWAC that has been successful on the BCS is boring. You discount what he brings go the table. You do know who our new H.C. is right? Imagine a TSU with competent coaching and players that feel the leadership is good and want to play for their team members and coaches.

What your comments really say is you have no idea what to expect and you are hoping it takes the new staff a couple years to get it going.

You will not see the the bumbling fumbling self-destruction TSU of old. If Assberry wouldn't have thrown the games TSU would have beaten jsu the past 2 meetings. Our players saw what their leadership was doing and quit on them. Some of you are in for a huge surprise, others know what's coming. Time will tell all...

You are still TSU tho.. and the only time you won anything in football in the last 50 years, you cheated....

You think your team can beat Valley or SU?

You are still TSU tho.. and the only time you won anything in football in the last 50 years, you cheated....

You think your team can beat Valley or SU?

Do you think your career asst. coach's resume is on the same level as Mike Haywood? Of course you do but hey you are diverting disillusioned U confused and stuck in the past like always. All that over the 50 years shat ain't going to score or defend on a single play in 2016. Keep thinking you are going to see the same old TSU you saw under a jsu alum that couldn't get out of our own way.

Last edited:
I'm trying to give Alcorn benefit of the doubt. They own SU lately but if SU beats them, they are def #6.

We dont need your logic. You're a constant blockhead with predictions......you may need to switch the logic to JSU. Yall will lose at least 6.

Grambling vs. Bama St in SWAC Championship game is my prediction and Grambling wins!!!! PV will be good, but losing Hebert will hurt!! Thanks for picking us next to last, we will surprise some people!!!

Back