WTH...Another HBCU shooting? Now at NCCU

Why is it always "we" when something happens on an HBCU campus? It is a shooting at a school. Many have happened since August

Sad, sad, sad!

We (Texas Southern) have had more than our fair share of this foolishness this semester! Our Police Chief "retired" as a result of ours.

I know it might hurt a school's enrollment and financial revenue, HBCU's need to raise their acceptance requirements.

Also, when I attended SU, a student was killed on campus by another student over what was supposedly a bad drug deal. Almost everyone on campus knew the dead student because he had once marched in the band and then later joined the football team as a walk-on.

Last edited:
The shootings aren't normally made by students though

in some cases yes and in some cases no. Like I previously stated above, a student was killed by another student when I attended SU, but during the same time when I attended SU, a high school kid from Baton Rouge shot and killed another high school kid from Baton Rouge at an on-campus pep rally. Somehow HBCU's need to do a better job of screening future students and creating more outreach programs in the communities where they are located.

in some cases yes and in some cases no. Like I previously stated above, a student was killed by another student when I attended SU, but during the same time when I attended SU, a high school kid from Baton Rouge shot and killed another high school kid from Baton Rouge at an on-campus pep rally. Somehow HBCU's need to do a better job of screening future students and creating more outreach programs in the communities where they are located.
That would be a hard thing to do and probably close to violating someone's rights. That being said, I do agree with you though, but sometimes good kids go bad too.

The slaying of a Miles College student shot to death in his off-campus apartment wasn't random, and no other students were in immediate danger, authorities said.
Keenen Tajae Morris, 21, was killed in the shooting at Lloyd Nolan Apartments in an area known as North Campus. "Mr. Morris was the target and only person ever in danger,'' said Fairfield police Chief Leon Davis.......

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/10/post_282.html#incart_river_home

According to Miles College's 2014 Annual Report on campus safety released to the media today, there were 12 incidents of crime on the campus in 2014. The categories listed on the report are murder, manslaughter, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, motor vehicle and golf car theft, arson, domestic violence, several rape-related categories, liquor law, drug violations and weapons possession.

::retarded smiley:: Geez. W/ those things occurring on campus, why go to college to be unsafe? smh Those events happen @ ALL college settings, unfortunately. The public data is there to view.

What's crazy is the article does all of that research and makes sure to point out that Miles is rated "unsafe" but fails to mention other schools in the same city that are rated worse, including UAB. LOL

There's a bunch of "stuff" occurring about all public and private school campuses but it's amazing to witness when a few selects mom/dads get involved to have their children's records expunged. ::read:: However, the incidents MUST be reported (public universities). Private schools? That's a differing animal altogether. ::read::

Back