Will this become a trend in college athletics?

PV-PRIDE

“This morning, we met with several individuals to inform them that, in light of the upcoming changes to our administrative structure, they will not be employees of the athletics department in the future. These changes are difficult and let me state emphatically, these people have done nothing wrong. These are good, hard-working members of the Aggie family and their service is greatly appreciated. I can assure you, this was not personal, it was a business decision, and a very difficult one at that.”

What Alberts is likely seeing on the horizon and preparing for is something he has spoken about publicly before and is a specter over the entire college sports enterprise: Paying athletes directly.

And with likely millions needed each year to maintain rosters for the sports Texas A&M already offers, Alberts isn’t waiting around to free up all the possible resources he can, even if the decisions are quite difficult.

“This morning, we met with several individuals to inform them that, in light of the upcoming changes to our administrative structure, they will not be employees of the athletics department in the future. These changes are difficult and let me state emphatically, these people have done nothing wrong. These are good, hard-working members of the Aggie family and their service is greatly appreciated. I can assure you, this was not personal, it was a business decision, and a very difficult one at that.”

What Alberts is likely seeing on the horizon and preparing for is something he has spoken about publicly before and is a specter over the entire college sports enterprise: Paying athletes directly.

And with likely millions needed each year to maintain rosters for the sports Texas A&M already offers, Alberts isn’t waiting around to free up all the possible resources he can, even if the decisions are quite difficult.

in some cases the spiritual advisor was making $150K

others used A&M as leverage against their other jobs and took the higher offer from A&M and were overpaid with full staffs under them -those moves were targeted for a specific reason

Back