Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No, he was never a Hall of Famer

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • He was in to HOF, but want get in now

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say no on the first ballot.

They were already debating if he was worthy..................but he still would have gotten in with 3000 hits and 500 home runs.

Now, this will give the nay-sayers the excuse to vote no. If he do get in, it will be a long time from now.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Da_Sperm said:
Will he be the first HOF who used steroids? I think not.

Exactly. There are other Hall of Fame players that cheated and had legal issues so this shouldn't become a big deal. If votes were to determine a person's life or mishaps during their career, there will be a lot of former greats kicked out of Cooperstown.

Da_Sperm said:
Will he be the first HOF who used steroids? I think not.

But he will be the first who got caught. Remember that HOF votes come from baseball WRITERS - media guys who will remember his testimony for some time to come.

As far as numbers go, 3000 hits should be enough to qualify him - forgetting the HRs, which would be the real issue.

The real matter in the voting would first be the "integrity of the game" issue. The second, and I think, bigger issue with the writers will be "integrity of Raphie".

I have said before that if Pete Rose had said from the beginning that he bet on baseball, he would have been forgiven long ago and in the hall. If Raphie comes clean, he will get in sooner...as will McGwire.

This is only a big deal to media types. Baseball is all about Cheating, so why do we give a damn about Roids now? Isnt Phil Neikro still in the hall despite cheating with a Nail file? Its mofos in there that threw spitballs, used corked bats and all kinds of itsh so, I dont want to hear nothing about no Roids now.

Back