Who Will Be Watching The World Cup (Soccer) That Starts Friday!

wahines

1_gsufan
Who will be watching the World Cup (Soccer or Football ) that starts Friday? I will and can't wait for it to start with the first match will be between the host Germany and Costa Rica.

Will the U.S. make it out of their group? Can anyone stop Brazil from repeating? Will Thierry Henry of France(Arsneal) finally become a big known star on the world level? For those who don't know who he is. He is Black and from France who plays with flare, skill, speed and honor that only few can match on the club level. So can he do on the world level what he do for Arsneal.

The largest Sporting Event (Party) in the world begins in three days. Who is ready for the World Cup? :bowdown:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I saw that story DGTM. Henry is one of my favorites and what he did with Arsenal this year was outstanding. Wahines, I'm always ready for the World Cup. Other than the Premier League in England, it's the only other soccer I can watch.

The United States is going into another hard group this time. Italy is no joke and the Czech Republic attacks constantly. Add in Ghana, who could come on like Cameroon usually does and the U.S. will be lucky to win this group.

wahines said:
Who will be watching the World Cup (Soccer or Football ) that starts Friday? I will and can't wait for it to start with the first match will be between the host Germany and Costa Rica.

Will the U.S. make it out of their group? Can anyone stop Brazil from repeating? Will Thierry Henry of France(Arsneal) finally become a big known star on the world level? For those who don't know who he is. He is Black and from France who plays with flare, skill, speed and honor that only few can match on the club level. So can he do on the world level what he do for Arsneal.

The largest Sporting Event (Party) in the world begins in three days. Who is ready for the World Cup? :bowdown:

Henry is already a big star on the internation level...Germany got the softest group draw of any of the significant teams...the US is in the toughest. It is going to be great fun. On of the guys in my workgroup is taking his family to Germany for the event.

I want Henry to show the flair, style, class, speed, touch and honor on the World Cup Level that he has shown on the club level. Henry is the best Footballer(Soccer Player) in the world now!

I know that they are trying to get Germany in the finals and they will not make it.

I can't say I'll be watching, I havent gotten that deep into soccer yet, I will probably catch the highlights on sportcenter or something though. I did see the stuff about racism in soccer though, that did kind of get to me, I didn't know it was like that.

I have coached rec league soccer the last four years. I got up at 4 am a few years ago to watch our team play Germany a good game. I'll do the same this year as well. We seem to have a good team with some promising Brothers on it. Anyone know about this young guy on our team that plays overseas?

This is the guy that you are asking about:

Oguchi Onyewu
Team USA's 24-year-old defender earns his living playing for Standard Liege in the Belgian league. After progressing through various U.S. age-group teams he first moved to France four years ago before settling in Belgium. He made his full international debut against Panama in the fall of 2004.

At 6-foot-4 he is hard to miss on the field and has become a firm favorite with American fans. If the USA is to progress to the knockout stage at this World Cup then the charismatic "Gooch" is likely to play a big part ? literally and figuratively

He is now being pursued by at least 5 teams in England. With a great World Cup; he could break the bank.

NASTYNUPE said:
Not me. I haven't gotten into soccer yet.
You know what Nupe,I've been diggin' your sig line for a while with Alicia keys and that jingle she got going on. BUT I JUST NOTICE THE BACK-UP SINGER TO THE LEFT SHAKING HER TAIL FEATHER. I can't believe I missed her all this time. I want her and I want her to want me too :)

If GR comes across it, GR will watch.
Soccer and Track and Field are much better sports than most sports supported by Americans.

I won't. The only reason they're shading light on the race issue is for ratings and not because they even remotely care.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
wahines said:
I want Henry to show the flair, style, class, speed, touch and honor on the World Cup Level that he has shown on the club level. Henry is the best Footballer(Soccer Player) in the world now!

I know that they are trying to get Germany in the finals and they will not make it.

It would be nice to see Henry just blazin', but it is much more important for him to push his team to WINS and not merely showcase his skills. Everybody who know soccer already knows that he has skills. The World Cup is about one thing: winning.

I want Henry to shine, but the most important thing is for him to help lead France to a World Cup and not bomb out like they did in 2002.

Back