WHICH SUPERSTAR SPORTS FIGURES........?

Donald K. Willi

Which superstar sports figures retired at just the right time?
1.Jim Brown
2.Barry Sanders
3.Jerome Bettis
4.David Justice
5.Kareem Abdul Jabbar
6.Jerry West
7.Oscar Robertson
8.Bill Russell
9.Wilt Chamberlain
Who would you add?

Butch Wms. said:
1.Jim Brown
2.Barry Sanders
3.Jerome Bettis
4.David Justice
5.Kareem Abdul Jabbar
6.Jerry West
7.Oscar Robertson
8.Bill Russell
9.Wilt Chamberlain
Who would you add?

Jim Brown
Barry Sanders
Jerome Bettis

These three retired before they were embarrased like Michael Jordan.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
John Elway...................Payed his arse off, got 2 rings, retired on top after chasing the Championship for over a decade.......................AND HE WAS NO SCRUBB.

Butch Wms. said:
1.Jim Brown
2.Barry Sanders
3.Jerome Bettis
4.David Justice
5.Kareem Abdul Jabbar
6.Jerry West
7.Oscar Robertson
8.Bill Russell
9.Wilt Chamberlain
Who would you add?

Add Walter Payton, Edwin Moses, Ozzie Smith, Tony Gwynn, Larry Bird, Dave Cowens, Harry Carson, Joe Green, Moses Malone, Hakeem Olajuwon, and James Worthy

Remove Abdul-Jabbar. He should have retired earlier but kept playing to get a nestegg after his 4th bancruptcy.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Jim Brown
Barry Sanders
Jerome Bettis

These three retired before they were embarrased like Michael Jordan.

Jim and Barry were good player. I think both of these guys could have played longer if they were on a better team.

Rocky Marciano....he retired undeafeted (49-0). I think he retired before Ali got a shot at him because he knew what the outcome would have been. Also, I wonder why he didn't fight Sonny Liston.

I think Kareem got the best FAIRWELL. It seemed like every game (road) in his last year, each team gave him a present for his time in the NBA. No other athlete of my time got a better fairwell than Kareem.

David Robinson went out like a champ. And best of all, he completely left the game and lime light alone. Not like other stars who promote grills, sell portie-potties, get on dance shows, or try to prove they can coach. He just settled into the sunset.

Ice Man said:
Rocky Marciano....he retired undeafeted (49-0). I think he retired before Ali got a shot at him because he knew what the outcome would have been. Also, I wonder why he didn't fight Sonny Liston.

Ice, Marciano had long retired before Ali became a professional fighter. Schiiiiiiid, Floyd Patterson had won the the title, lost it (Ingamar Johansen (sp)), won it back, and lost it again to Sonny Liston, before Ali became a contender.

NICE

Back