Was Texas Defense really that good in Rose Bowl

Hey Que said:
Yes! Texas made the big plays when they had too. USC has the best all around offense in college football. You are going to give up points and yards when you play the best. The Texas defense made big plays and never gave up. That is the the trademake of a good defense playing well against a good offense.

The trademark of a good defense playing well is Ohio State in 02 vs Miami or this year vs Notre Dame. The trademark of a good defense playing well is Alabama in 92 vs Miami. The trademark of a good defense is not giving up 38 points. They did not play well. Don't get it twisted. Texas' defense made a nice stop to get their offense the ball back but their Vince Young is the reason they won this game.

Venom Skywalker said:
The trademark of a good defense playing well is Ohio State in 02 vs Miami or this year vs Notre Dame. The trademark of a good defense playing well is Alabama in 92 vs Miami. The trademark of a good defense is not giving up 38 points. They did not play well. Don't get it twisted. Texas' defense made a nice stop to get their offense the ball back but their Vince Young is the reason they won this game.
None of those offenses were as good as the USC offense in 05.
Vince Young is the reason Texas won this game, but the defense played well and made the big plays.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
All this talk about UT only made one play. UT was the ONLY team in the last 34 tries against USC to even do that. Give those guys their props. FEW people expected them to do it. FEW PEOPLE wanted them to do it. BUT THEY DID. ISHT, SWALLOW THE --CK AND GET OVER IT.:smh: :smh: :smh:

Man please, Matt Leinart was right after the game. He said they ran and passed all over UT's defense. They just made too many mistakes. I'm sorry but you know your defense is terrible if defensive backs lead your team in tackles. I think #2 Aaron Harris is overrated for Texas. He is supposed to be an All-American, but they barely called his name last night.

The thing that hurt USC was their own mental mistakes. Bush trying to lateral, and all Matt Leinart had to do was lead Steve Smith more to the end zone so Griffin had more ground to cover, instead of just lobbing the ball up in the air for what looked like an eternity.

This game was lost in the first half. If Leinart doesen't slip on 4th and 1, and Bush doesen't lateral USC is up 21-0 or 17-0 and you have a repeat of last years Orange Bowl. USC had a chance to put this one away early and because of mental errors and mistakes it came back to haunt them.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
Man please, Matt Leinart was right after the game. He said they ran and passed all over UT's defense. They just made too many mistakes. I'm sorry but you know your defense is terrible if defensive backs lead your team in tackles. I think #2 Aaron Harris is overrated for Texas. He is supposed to be an All-American, but they barely called his name last night.

Both teams' DB's led them in tackles last night. UT also ran and passed over USC's defense. Who was the better team was not decided until the final gun sounded.

First, I delayed my trip back to Texas a day because I did not want to be on the highway during the Rose Bowl.

Venom Skywalker said:
Maybe I was watching a different game from the rest of you last night. Both teams scored dayumm near 40 points apiece. Neither defense was that impressive to me. And I don't see where either coach outcoached the other. L. White DID do whatever he wanted for most of the night. In fact, it wasnt so much White as it was the offensive lines run blocking..just as Vince Young had all day in the pocket on the other side of the ball.

I saw it this way too.

enswaclopedia said:
This game was lost in the first half. If Leinart doesen't slip on 4th and 1, and Bush doesen't lateral USC is up 21-0 or 17-0 and you have a repeat of last years Orange Bowl. USC had a chance to put this one away early and because of mental errors and mistakes it came back to haunt them.

Don't forget that TX had 2 or 3 turnovers themselves. You can play the coulda, woulda, shoulda game after just about every football game.

BIGCAT3000 said:
Don't forget that TX had 2 or 3 turnovers themselves. You can play the coulda, woulda, shoulda game after just about every football game.
Thank you.

A lot of the talk now is USC made mistakes on offense. But what we need to realize is that you are going to make mental mistakes when you feel that you have to score EVERY POSSESION because your defense CAN NOT STOP the other team (Vince).

jag4life said:
Both teams' DB's led them in tackles last night. UT also ran and passed over USC's defense. Who was the better team was not decided until the final gun sounded.

dude what's your point??? Everybody knew USC's defense was crappy before the game. This thread was made to talk about Texas' defense. Like I said u know your defense is terrible if DB's are leading your team in tackles point blank.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
dude what's your point??? Everybody knew USC's defense was crappy before the game. This thread was made to talk about Texas' defense. Like I said u know your defense is terrible if DB's are leading your team in tackles point blank.

But they made that ONE stop.

Back