Was Texas Defense really that good in Rose Bowl

uapbpower

:shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh:
After talking to everybody and reading this SWAC board everybody talked how good M. Huff was as a db. After seeing his face grinded in the dirt by Lindale White you can see why he will not last a full year in the NFL. The bigger more physical running backs will run over this 175lb. cream puff. Texas secondary is good and the won the game but the game was lost by Pete Carrol. This time around Coach Mack Brown outcoached Pete in the Rose Bowl. Texas down lineman played good at times but their linebackers did not impress me at all. I have seen better linebackers at the D1 level and Texas linebackers are overrated at best. I am not hating on Texas but just telling you what I saw. M. Lienart blitzed Texas secondary the whole night and all this talk about how good they were did not pan out. And to be honest Texas secondary especially their corners stocked dropped in the NFL draft. SWAC fans if you listen to talk radio in Dallas tune your radio in today. Texas defense is not that good but they beat USC. The game came down to coaching and Texas won.:gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Pete Carroll thought he could do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted with L. White. They just couldn't get it down on 4th down. He tried to hammer his point home ("We're better than y'all, and you can't do nothin' about it!!!!") but it didn't work. Call it arrogance.....

Man you're crazy. Michael Huff was a BEAST last night. He was taking down that big tight end like he was a D lineman himself.

mighty hornet said:
He was a beast for most of the day, but he did get ran over a couple of times.

Hey it is expected some of the time being a DB on a RB or TE...actually he got better later. Early on he got smacked once or twice.

Maybe I was watching a different game from the rest of you last night. Both teams scored dayumm near 40 points apiece. Neither defense was that impressive to me. And I don't see where either coach outcoached the other. L. White DID do whatever he wanted for most of the night. In fact, it wasnt so much White as it was the offensive lines run blocking..just as Vince Young had all day in the pocket on the other side of the ball.

Venom Skywalker said:
Maybe I was watching a different game from the rest of you last night. Both teams scored dayumm near 40 points apiece. Neither defense was that impressive to me. And I don't see where either coach outcoached the other. L. White DID do whatever he wanted for most of the night. In fact, it wasnt so much White as it was the offensive lines run blocking..just as Vince Young had all day in the pocket on the other side of the ball.

Well said I could not have said it any better:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Umm, I was watching the same game you were...*lol* They were hyping UT's defense to be the end of USC's offensive success... :rolleyes:

Man, them dudes got shredded the 2nd half....*lmao* UT's D didn't win them the game, Carroll's lack of imagination in playcalling did...

That last 4th & 1 play was a play-action call all the way...

crazylegs said:
That last 4th & 1 play was a play-action call all the way...

Interesting you mention that because i read an article this morning where Carroll said for a moment he thought about going bootleg with Leinert but they went with the play that had been successful all night and all season.

uapbpower said:
:shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh:
After talking to everybody and reading this SWAC board everybody talked how good M. Huff was as a db. After seeing his face grinded in the dirt by Lindale White you can see why he will not last a full year in the NFL. The bigger more physical running backs will run over this 175lb. cream puff. Texas secondary is good and the won the game but the game was lost by Pete Carrol. This time around Coach Mack Brown outcoached Pete in the Rose Bowl. Texas down lineman played good at times but their linebackers did not impress me at all. I have seen better linebackers at the D1 level and Texas linebackers are overrated at best. I am not hating on Texas but just telling you what I saw. M. Lienart blitzed Texas secondary the whole night and all this talk about how good they were did not pan out. And to be honest Texas secondary especially their corners stocked dropped in the NFL draft. SWAC fans if you listen to talk radio in Dallas tune your radio in today. Texas defense is not that good but they beat USC. The game came down to coaching and Texas won.:gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift:

Ask Matt Leinart, LenDale White and Reggie Bush...All 3 of which didn't put up any 'freakish' numbers like in-VINCE-able did...

Jax said:
Ask Matt Leinart, LenDale White and Reggie Bush...All 3 of which didn't put up any 'freakish' numbers like in-VINCE-able did...

Matt Leinart threw for over 300 yards. Lendale White had 123 yards rushing. Reggie Bush had 170 combined rushing and receiving yards. Dewayne Jarrett had 10 receptions for 120 yards. USC scored 38 points. Does that sound like Texas defense had a good game?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Venom Skywalker said:
Matt Leinart threw for over 300 yards. Lendale White had 123 yards rushing. Reggie Bush had 170 combined rushing and receiving yards. Dewayne Jarrett had 10 receptions for 120 yards. USC scored 38 points. Does that sound like Texas defense had a good game?

I was being sarcastic...

They got shredded but they made the ONE stop they needed to make. That's what matters.

Like I said, it was the play-call that made that 4th & 1 unsuccessful, not so much the herculean effort of the Texas D... *smh*

c'mon, man...USC was a play-action pass, screen, or naked bootleg away from the title...Pete Carroll just didn't have the guts to call it...

crazylegs said:
Like I said, it was the play-call that made that 4th & 1 unsuccessful, not so much the herculean effort of the Texas D... *smh*

c'mon, man...USC was a play-action pass, screen, or naked bootleg away from the title...Pete Carroll just didn't have the guts to call it...

They went with the man who had been "shredding" the defense all night. If they had gone with anything else and NOT made it people would be questioning why he didn't go with the hot RB up the middle.

crazylegs said:

They were also a TACKLE away from winning with 19 seconds left...LOL

uapbpower said:
After talking to everybody and reading this SWAC board.....

Man, not you again. :smh:

Just give it up and leave it with sincere congratulations for the 40 Acres and move on. Sheesh.

jag4life said:
They were also a TACKLE away from winning with 19 seconds left...LOL

they sure were...They wouldn't have been there if Carroll had the nads to go with his gut and run play action... *lol*

either way, neither one of these squads needs to be be-littled like some are doing...

crazylegs said:
they sure were...They wouldn't have been there if Carroll had the nads to go with his gut and run play action... *lol*

Like I said:
If they had gone with anything else and NOT made it people would be questioning why he didn't go with the hot RB up the middle.

If they had gone with anything else and NOT made it people would be questioning why he didn't go with the hot RB up the middle.

not really...UT hadn't stopped a play-action call the entire night...It was a more logical call than running Lendale White into the teeth of an 8-man front on a 4th & 1 with 2 minutes to go in the game...

that was the time too call it... :smh:

Venom Skywalker said:
Yes! Texas made the big plays when they had too. USC has the best all around offense in college football. You are going to give up points and yards when you play the best. The Texas defense made big plays and never gave up. That is the the trademake of a good defense playing well against a good offense.

Simply Put!! Texas was good enough to allow them to win a BCS National Championship last night on Wednesday, January 4, 2006.

Back