Virginia Union On CBS Tomorrow For The D-II Basketball National Championship

wahines

1_gsufan
:lecture:

I know that we are all proud of all of our HBCU'S. With that in mind, I want to just inform all the SWAC Pagers that Virginia Union will be playing Bryant University at 1pm on CBS for the D-II Basketball National Championship. Let's root for our fellow CIAA HBCU to take it all on tomorrow.
Go Panthers and represent all the HBCU'S well. I will be watching at 1pm on CBS on tomorrow to see Virginia Union kick some more butt. :nod: :winkgrin:

That's good to see, especially seeing that Bowie St was ranked number 1 in DII for a good portion of the season, and went into the postseason with an overall number 1 ranking.

Congrats Union.

NICE

The CIAA pundets as well as other believed the regional final between Bowie State and Virginia Union (Was The Div II Championship), sending the winner into the NCAA Division II Elite Eight (Equivalent to the Division I Final Four) would be the eventual NCAA Division II Champion.

Supporting Virginia Union all the way!!

Jafus you are so right: :tup:

I told the guys last week that if Virginia Union was in one region and Bowie St. was in another, they would end up playing in the finals aganist each other. I was willing to bet the farm on it. :lecture:

Take Bryant College down like they stole something from you. :flamethro

My theory is proven true again...... Put a white coach at a HBCU in basketball and you will have a successful program.

Good Luck VUU.

DAHILL said:
My theory is proven true again...... Put a white coach at a HBCU in basketball and you will have a successful program.

Good Luck VUU.
I don't see it as getting a "white coach" moreso than getting a real coach. Black or white, if you can coach, you can coach. We need to be more open to who we are willing to hire to lead our teams. I've often heard Bobby Knight say that he loves teaching young men how to play basketball. The coaches we are hiring don't seem to be teaching to well. There are some black coaches that can teach, too. Tubby Smith and the guys at UAB and Washington can't be exceptions.

Robber said:
I don't see it as getting a "white coach" moreso than getting a real coach. Black or white, if you can coach, you can coach. We need to be more open to who we are willing to hire to lead our teams. I've often heard Bobby Knight say that he loves teaching young men how to play basketball. The coaches we are hiring don't seem to be teaching to well. There are some black coaches that can teach, too. Tubby Smith and the guys at UAB and Washington can't be exceptions.
Im talking in strictly HBCU's.... Im not saying that white coaches are better than Black coaches... Im saying at the HBCU level, our players seem to accomplish more under white coaches..... Dave Robbins has been at VUU for YEARS and they have probably the best OVERALL best HBCU program over the last 20 plus years. Then look at how buddy at Hampton was when they were only losing 4 or 5 games a year. I am REALLY surprised a MEAC or a SWAC coach hasnt gone after Robbins from VUU. His record over the last 25 years at VUU is 609-171, 2 national championships, (6) Elite 8 appearences, 12 conference championshps. He is also the second-winningest coach in Division II men's basketball.

First half report - If VU can hit some of those 3 point shots - they will blow away Bryant. VU lookS in control of the game.

:bowdown: Congrats to Virginia Union - The D-II 2005 Basketball National Champions!!! :bowdown:

:nod2:

VU 63
BC 58

Jabber should be the player of the game.

The Panthers bring another D-II Title home. Richmond, Va is proud of them.
God Bless The Panthers. :gift:

DAHILL,

Shaking My Head!!

I do not believe that is the case. I prayerfully hope that is not the case.

Shaking My Head!!

DAHILL said:

Good Luck VUU.

DAHILL, do you think your theory would work in football too? :lol:

But anyway, congratulations to Virginia Union.

TSU/BAMA said:
DAHILL, do you think your theory would work in football too? :lol:

But anyway, congratulations to Virginia Union.

we will see what happens at Norfolk St this year with them hiring a white coach.

Jafus (Thinker) said:
DAHILL,

Shaking My Head!!

I do not believe that is the case. I prayerfully hope that is not the case.

Shaking My Head!!

Just look back in history..... Robbins (VUU's coach) who is white has won 3 national championships at VUU and 12 conference championships in the last 25 years...... What about Merriweather (sp) former coach at Hampton.... He had the whole MEAC scared... Hampton wasnt scared of nobody when he was there, didnt they beat North Carolina one year? They even made it to the second round of the tournament... He later left Hampton for Evansville and the Hampton program hasnt enjoyed the same amount of success yet since he has left.

Jafus (Thinker) said:
DAHILL,

I respectfully, wholeheartedly, and emphatically disagree. I will leave it at that.
why leave it like that... this is a forum and we are having a discussion. I want to look at it from your point of view. I see the same exact thing at high schools in this area.

I will congratulate VUU. I am happy for them.

But could it be that they have better players? I sure do think so and have always thought so.

Back