Upward Bound Awards Jackson State $1.25 Million

Nonchalant

Hail, Hail To Thee...
http://jacksonstate.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/jsu-receives-upward-bound-award/

JSU Receives Upward Bound Award

images

Jackson State University has been awarded $250,000 per year for five years – which amounts to $1.25 million – to support Upward Bound@JSU. The program will provide college access and opportunities to low-income and/or first-generation college students and parents within Jackson Public Schools District high schools including Jim Hill, Forest Hill, Lanier, Provine and Wingfield.

Upward Bound@JSU will serve 50 students annually who will participate in academic-year services and a summer academy. Dr. Loria Brown serves as the principal investigator and Reginald Castilla as the director.

“JSU is excited to continue our collaboration with Jackson Public Schools,â€￾ Brown said. “The success of our program speaks volumes to the collaborative efforts and quality of services that are being provided. In this current year, 28 seniors in the Upward Bound program are graduating from JPS, 100 percent have been accepted into colleges, and 16 have plans to attend JSU.â€￾

That's fantastic - congratulations JSU! We need as many programs like this as possible!!!!! I am a proud, former Upward Bounder and TRIO Achiever!!!!

That's fantastic - congratulations JSU! We need as many programs like this as possible!!!!! I am a proud, former Upward Bounder and TRIO Achiever!!!!

Former Tutor Counselor for Upward Bound from 92-93 here. Also, was an audit student from 88-89. My Bridge Students in 92-93 went on to do big things.

Props to Upward Bound. :clap: :tup:

Back