Until the SWAC office begins to spend money, this is the best we will get.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You get what you pay for!!

This is sad. It points right to the top and I don't mean at the commissioner.

It's the board of presidents, no leadership. But know that. that's why the conference is in the financial shape it's in.

At least it was updated a day after the schools played instead of when the holiday weekend was over like it was done last year. I was suprised that they even got the site back up.

But, how can they pick a player of the week and they don't even have all the stats for all the member schools?

Oh Me, Oh My!

Well, Geesh-golly guys, I'm sorry we even attempted to post some information for you this first week of the season.

The site WILL get better. What you see is the beginning, the basic architecture of a re-tooling of the site that will be updated on a consistent and regular basis. Mind you ... our plans are to have a site that is informative and easily navigated ... you won't see a lot of marching bands and music on the index pages, but you WILL be able to get timely information on ALL the SWAC sports and schools.

As the days move forward, you all (the swacpage board) will find out that I am not thin-skinned about comments or critical remarks, nor will I responded to everything posted. I will, however, use what I see to work for improvement where it is warranted. I am not an excuse person, so I won't make excuses for the page as you see it today ... I'll just say give us a chance and "Watch us Grow".

To Fiyah ... when the deadline for getting game material is 10a the Sunday following the game ... and the report of the game is not received until after 10p Sunday ....hours after the work of tabulating stats and selecting Players of the Week is done ... what do you expect. Should I hold up the ENTIRE process :confused: I refer you to my statement above:
work for improvement where it is warranted.
I made the call, and I'll wear it.

SWAC PR Man

Glad to know that you're not thin-skinned. It's not always critical over here. But that site has been sorely lacking for quite some time now.

Here's to you and your staff to making it what it can be.

Dooley!

Just do what ya gotta do, Bruh! I'm sure the site will be better by the time you finish with it!

Hats off to SWAC PR Man!

Dooley, you've got a lot of cleaning up to do and I wish you well in it!

Keep up the good work and hopefully all SIDS will do their part to get info to you in a timely fashion.

Panthro!

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
~with smirk on my face!
I THOUGHT SWACPAGE.COM WAS THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SWAC...

YOU CAN DOUBLE THAT.....I THOUGHT THE SAME THING!!!
SAY KEN....PERHAPS YOU SHOULD TALK THE SWAC OFFICE INTO MAKING THE SWACPAGE THEIR OFFICIAL WEB PAGE....I MEAN ALL OF THE FANS AND SUPPORTERS ARE ALREADY HERE!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Oh Me, Oh My!

Originally posted by Swac PR Man
Well, Geesh-golly guys, I'm sorry we even attempted to post some information for you this first week of the season.

The site WILL get better. What you see is the beginning, the basic architecture of a re-tooling of the site that will be updated on a consistent and regular basis. Mind you ... our plans are to have a site that is informative and easily navigated ... you won't see a lot of marching bands and music on the index pages, but you WILL be able to get timely information on ALL the SWAC sports and schools.

As the days move forward, you all (the swacpage board) will find out that I am not thin-skinned about comments or critical remarks, nor will I responded to everything posted. I will, however, use what I see to work for improvement where it is warranted. I am not an excuse person, so I won't make excuses for the page as you see it today ... I'll just say give us a chance and "Watch us Grow".

To Fiyah ... when the deadline for getting game material is 10a the Sunday following the game ... and the report of the game is not received until after 10p Sunday ....hours after the work of tabulating stats and selecting Players of the Week is done ... what do you expect. Should I hold up the ENTIRE process :confused: I refer you to my statement above:

SWAC PR Man

I FEEL YOU ON THE SPORTS COVERAGE......BUT TO LEAVE THE BAND SEGMENT OUT OF YOUR PAGE IS LEAVING OUT A MAJOR PART OF THE SWAC TRADITION. I WOULD HOPE THAT YOU WOULD ATLEAST HAVE A COMMENTARY ARTICLE OR SOMETHING....

THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE WHY THE SWACPAGE IS DEFINITELY "THE PREMIER" WEBSITE AND VOICE FOR THE SWAC CONFERENCE.....BE IT SPORTS, BAND, OR JUST HEARING WHT THE AVERAGE STUDENT AND/OR ALUMNI HAS TO SAY....THE SWACPAGE COVERS IT ALL.

Re: Oh Me, Oh My!

Originally posted by Swac PR Man

SWAC PR Man

That's great that you have a deadline set and those SID's that didn't do their jobs and get the information into the office should be reprimanded. People want to get the information and see whats going on in the conferance. I was suprise to get the half-time stats as fast as they gave them for the TSU/PV game, as I was in the press box during halftime. I hope you make a phone call and send a personal letter to those SID's about getting the information into the office on time.

I think with everything that is going on now, band coverage is the last thing on Mr. Dooley's mind.

Last year, a lot of fans complained about info not being updated on swac.org. But as you see already, info is being updated regularly. That is a start in the right direction. But Mr. Dooley has had to take over already behind and he had some big shoes to fill (Mr. Hardy was a huge part of the SWAC). But I know he will do a great job and create some new shoes to fill!;)

Let's lend our support to the SWAC instead of insults!

swac no answer man??????

sent an e-mail over a month ago. No respond. Does anyone answer the mail????????

Probably won't get an answer on here either. :redhot:

Back