Univ. of South Carolina to review tickets for 07 SC State game

MightyDog said:
Jacksonville again because of politics.

THANK YOU!!!!! Looks like we wont have to "settle" for Allen, Savannah State, and Stillman any more. Hopefully we can get Tuskegee back on schedule also.

MD, Univ. of SC don't need SC State or any other school to bring their fans to help them fill the stadium. They can pack the place with their OWN fans. That is a foreign concept to us on the 1-AA level and the smaller D1A schools. I see no need to try and demand more tickets out of USC. If USC gives The Citadel or other instate schools 4K and only want to give SC State 2K then I'm behind the issue 100%, but it's not. Whether you are Clemson or Fordham, you only get 2K in tickets.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
cat daddy said:
MD, Univ. of SC don't need SC State or any other school to bring their fans to help them fill the stadium. They can pack the place with their OWN fans. That is a foreign concept to us on the 1-AA level and the smaller D1A schools. I see no need to try and demand more tickets out of USC. If USC gives The Citadel or other instate schools 4K and only want to give SC State 2K then I'm behind the issue 100%, but it's not. Whether you are Clemson or Fordham, you only get 2K in tickets.

I agree with you as a rule of thumb. In Southern's case, the last several years we have been attempting to get home games (non conference) on a one year contract to boost revenue. The revenue projections are geared more on S.U. fan attendance than visitors. Though on a much smaller scale, the concept has been executed. However and unfortunately the diehard Nation members want to see a more competitive and higher caliber of ball club. It is hard for them to reconcile between the business aspect (maximizing revenue) and caliber of ball club (like most SWAC on lookers when S.U. plays an undesirable opponent).

Of course the big schools don't have those types of issues. Interesting thread; I somewhat understand SCST desire to have a larger allocation of tickets. If S.U. was to ever play LSU in BR I'm quite sure our people would want more tickets also. I also understand that these larger schools aren't in dire need of opponent fans (though I believe some lack empathy and are over zealous in their posts). :lol: :emlaugh:

MightyDog said:
When we attend classics the promoter count it just like you stated.

U of Chatta offered us $25,000 to play them and we told them AAMU will bring more fans 100 miles away that you will bring. We wanted 50/50 they said no. But how do we know who mandated the game between SC and SCST, because money wise it doesn't add up. Now that Martin is no longer the AD, we will have to start playing Jacksonville again because of politics. I know more than 2000 SCST folks so I will be checking with them to find out which Republican sold them out.

U of Chat would be laughed at if they offered some "bunk" like that to S.U. :lol: :emlaugh:

Da_Sperm said:
It don't make financial sense to me. If your program is going to make $230,000, then why would you want 20,000 tickets. By the time your fans spend money on parking, consessions, and game tickets, then you have basically played FOR FREE.

20,000 * $20 (game tickets) = $400,000
5,000 * $5 (parking) = $25,000
20,000 * $3 (consessions) = $60,000

Total spent by SCST fans is $485,000, SCST program gets $230,000. USC makes $250,000 off SCST fans alone.

Play the game, don't send one dayum fan and GET PAID and come HOME.
Sperm, even tickets at Southern cost more then $20. I am sure tickets there are much higher than $20.

MightyDog said:
U of Chatta offered us $25,000 to play them and we told them AAMU will bring more fans 100 miles away that you will bring.

They offer yall that cuz yall are AAMU.

Back