U.S. Gets Blown Out In World Cup Opener!

Isn't losing 3-0 in soccer about the equivalent of getting beat by 20-25 points in basketball?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Hopefully they will get embarrassed and eliminated in the first round and the networks can then start concentrating on some real FOOTBALL.

enswaclopedia said:
Hopefully they will get embarrassed and eliminated in the first round and the networks can then start concentrating on some real FOOTBALL.
I couldn't agree more.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but even when the US get eliminated, they are going to continue to show the World Cup.... ABC and ESPN networks have signed a contract to televise the entire World Cup....:retard:

Anonymous said:
Sorry to bust your bubble, but even when the US get eliminated, they are going to continue to show the World Cup.... ABC and ESPN networks have signed a contract to televise the entire World Cup....:retard:
But there won't be as much hype, plus we will not have to keep seeing it over and over again like the 1980 Olympic Hockey team. It wouldn't bother me if hockey, soccer, and all female sports except track would go away forever.

Soccer is one of the true world sports. Swimming is another. Track & Field is in there also.

Most people who don't appreciate soccer don't understand how difficult it is and how much skill is required. For those of you who like American Football think of it as playing WR (running fly pattern on every offensive play), CB (covering fly pattern on every defensive play), KR, and PR Killer and never coming out of the game nor getting a fluid break.

Personally, I will watch every FIFA World Cup game available to me. These are some of the best athletes on the planet.

dacontinent said:
Soccer is one of the true world sports. Swimming is another. Track & Field is in there also.

Most people who don't appreciate soccer don't understand how difficult it is and how much skill is required. For those of you who like American Football think of it as playing WR (running fly pattern on every offensive play), CB (covering fly pattern on every defensive play), KR, and PR Killer and never coming out of the game nor getting a fluid break.

Personally, I will watch every FIFA World Cup game available to me. These are some of the best athletes on the planet.

Why is there so much racism in this sport, particularly with regard to how the Europeans hate on people of color?

dacontinent said:
For those of you who like American Football think of it as playing WR (running fly pattern on every offensive play), CB (covering fly pattern on every defensive play), KR, and PR Killer and never coming out of the game nor getting a fluid break.

Maybe,But it's still lame

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
HBCUs said:
Isn't losing 3-0 in soccer about the equivalent of getting beat by 20-25 points in basketball?
No, more like 80-20 in basketball.
Really it is hard to equate 3-0 can be a close game if the losing team was good, had shots on goal but just missed; or the opposing team had a great goalie. From what I hear about how the US played, it was a blowout

enswaclopedia said:
This is the real futball and played with the foot. It is the most popular sport on the planet.
I felt as you do until I was forced to coach futball.

dacontinent said:

If the rules were bent and twisted so that games would be high scoring, others would learn to appreciate soccer more. In America it all about scoring.

I am with you dacontinent. My son and I will be watching every game. I will have almost every World Cup Match on DVD. They are some great athletes and the game of Football(Soccer) is not lame. Baseball has become lame. I will watch MLS before I will watch Baseball.

I want to see France and Brazil in the final so that we can see part II of Henry versus Rolinando.

wahines said:
I am with you dacontinent. My son and I will be watching every game. I will have almost every World Cup Match on DVD. They are some great athletes and the game of Football(Soccer) is not lame. Baseball has become lame. I will watch MLS before I will watch Baseball.

I want to see France and Brazil in the final so that we can see part II of Henry versus Rolinando.
BASEBALL!!! Now there is a boring sport to me. I guess I am like baseball as a lot of persons are about soccer.

enswaclopedia said:

I have a bet with a co-worker that the US will not make it out of the first round. This fool thinks that US cares about soccer. I decided to take his money since he wants to give it away.

Big Thunder said:
Why is there so much racism in this sport, particularly with regard to how the Europeans hate on people of color?

Apparently you don't watch a lot of international futbol matches. The racism flows in both directions. The European stadiums are just bigger (with the exception on Brazil which holds well over 100K) so their home crowds are larger.

UAPB-LIONS-AM&N said:
If the rules were bent and twisted so that games would be high scoring, others would learn to appreciate soccer more. In America it all about scoring.

Even those of us who really enjoy football (as opposed to futbol) don't really like high scoring games. You do want to see good defense, sacks, big hits, and passes broken up as well as long, skillful runs and passes, timely blocks, and clutch kicks. Futbol offers all the same stuff.

The thrill of both games is not the scoring. Rather, it is the drama around the scoring chances...like a WR blowing by a CB or faking him out of his shoes, or the CB coming in at the last possible instant to break up a sure touchdown.

Even in basketball it is not the dunks that you remember...its the breaking of the ankles on the way to the hoop, the devastating picks, and the no-look and terrific passes that make it enjoyable.

Back