TxSU will prevail over UTep! Where is the love.

Da Sleeper

WOW!!! Where is the love? No one has even given TxSU a chance to even come close to Utep. Can any one elaborate on why you think we have no chance? Have any of you even done any research on Utep to see what their team looks like this year?

That's all right, That's O.K. We Gone Whip'em annnyy Wayyyy!!!!!!!
UGLY, Utep ain't got no alibi they ugly that's right they ugly, M O M A how you tank they got that way they momma. That's right I said they momma!

TxSU is gone beat the beat they arse at home in the name of the SWAC!!!!!! We gone sacrifice they arses to pay homage to the great SWAC, the pride of D1-AA football.

Check this out:

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (Ticker) -- Jarrod Baxter rushed for a career-high 184 yards and two touchdowns and New Mexico rattled first-time starting quarterback Wesley Phillips in a surprising 26-6 victory over Texas-El Paso.

In the season opener for both schools, the Lobos sacked Phillips for a safety and registered nine sacks and two interceptions. The Miners were held to minus-53 rushing yards and 170 total.

Baxter's previous high was 135 yards last year against Utah. The senior carried 25 times, including fourth-quarter TD runs of one and three yards that broke open a defensive game.

To that point, the only touchdown had been scored on a 56-yard pass from Phillips to Sherman Austin that gave UTEP a 6-5 lead with 4:45 left in the second quarter.

The Lobos are expected to finish near the bottom of the Mountain West Conference, while the Miners are supposed to contend for the Western Athletic Conference title they shared last year.

Phillips, the son of former NFL coach Wade Phillips, was making the first start of his career as a fifth-year senior. He completed 18-of-30 passes for 211 yards and an interception as he was under constant duress from the defense.

In the first quarter, New Mexico got a 27-yard field goal from Vladimir Bormbozin and a safety six seconds apart. Safety Terrell Golden tackled Phillips in the end zone, giving the Lobos a 5-0 lead.

After Austin's score, New Mexico's Wes Zunker kicked a 51-yard field goal seven seconds before halftime and Borombozin booted a 37-yarder with 6:13 left in the third quarter, making it 11-5.

Lobos junior quarterback Rudy Caamano had an awful game, going just 6-of-30 for 52 yards and two interceptions.

UTep aint ****!!!!
Who you rooting for? TSU!! Who you rooting for? TSU!! Who you rooting for? TSU!! Who you rooting for? TSU!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by C-LeB28
Who's doubting us over UTEP Da Sleeper?

Look at the week 2 picks.

TxSU the SWAC's most hated. These people are picking UTep just because it's UTep. The shared the WAC title last year, but their whole team graduated. UTep is starting a 5th year senior at QB that had no game experience until they played New Mexico Saturday. Five years and no game experiece what does that tell you?

UTEP is no PV and you are no New Mexico. They will score. Your offense was rattled by Prarie View. Hopefully Thomas will just allow Lamb to take over the game. Also, maybe your receivers will learn how to go all out on every play.

0-2,

I think Pine Bluff is the same Pine Bluff that... get the picture???

Maybe if you have your D-line and LBs go all out every play so Pine Bluff won't rush for another 400 yards against that "Lame Horse" Defense of yours.

You wanna smack, but I was serious. I noticed that about your receivers last season, too. They basically make it to where Lamb has to make a perfect throw every time.

The Jaguar only answered your boy's question up top and YOU have to bring APB into this. What about you? If current history holds, you should be expecting another azz-whoopin in Houston this year.

Maybe if you told your defense not to let two backs run for 100 yards and your secondary to knock down some passes, we would not have had to look at that pitiful Number One Defense.

Well.... our secondary has nothing to worry about this year from the blue and gold and our D-Line will obliterate your running game with or without Mack.

Regardless, I'm pulling for TSU

UTEP is going to be a big test for TSU, just as Tulane will be for SU.

Schools such as UTEP and Tulane won't make the common mistakes that SWAC team will make. These teams will be well coached, well conditioned and well prepared.

We have alot of talent in the SWAC, but very, very, very little fundamental skills. If we had half the coaching skills and work out facilities that PWC's have, the SWAC would be unstoppable.

Originally posted by jag4life
UTEP is no PV and you are no New Mexico. They will score. Your offense was rattled by Prarie View. Hopefully Thomas will just allow Lamb to take over the game. Also, maybe your receivers will learn how to go all out on every play.

Jag4life, I did not intend for this thread to turn to smac. I wanted real openions. BTW, I know UTep is not PV and I know we are not New Mexico,we are better than New Mexico. We are Texas Southern University a member of a prideful D1-AA football confrence. A team that has steped up against D-1 programs. "One of the few to have success Vs. D-1 programs."

So are you telling me that one of the best from the SWAC (which we are) can not compare to one of the worst from the Mountain West. NM is hot garbage and UTep is steaming hot dung.

UTep's QB is a 5th year senior that has seen no game play until he played NM as well as many other problems.

"A fifth year senior and has seen no game time" -translation he is garbage.

We can beat UTep. Check this out:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/2001/preview/ttl/

I was at the game with my wife. I didn't have on an SU shirt and I sat (mistakenly) on the PV side. My wife is pregnant and once we figured out which side we were on she didn't want to move.

Sleeper,
I wasn't trying to smack. Anyone who knows football can see that your receivers are either not always concentrating or Lamb throws as hard as John Elway. If Lamb had the receivers that SU, JSU, ASU, and GSU have TSU would be the best team in BCF.

Please gentlemen and gentlewomen of TSPN, no smack on this thread. I really want to know why everyone thinks that we can not beat UTep. The players that led them to sharing the WAC title last year are all gone!

UTep has a terrible team this year with no on field leadership, experience or depth. NM is the P.V. of the mountain west and they beat the crap out of UTep.
So why is it so far fetched that TxSU will also prevail?

As always I'm pulling for the SWAC when they play outside conference foes. Good luck.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Da Sleeper
we know that TSU got the upper hand going into UTEP
after Saturday when we roll back into Houston with a win and SU pick up their second lost maybe they will shout the f-up :cool: :cool:

I was expecting more scoring from TxSU against PVU. But by the same token, Dorsey has a history of getting his players to play hard. PVU definitely came to play.

I am impressed with Lamb, especially his ability to make things happen in a big way. Perhaps, he was held back to avoid risking injury. TxSU has already lost it's defensive leader (with all due respect to Santino Hall...a good player in his own right) in Leonard Mack.

I definitely want to see TSU get the win...it's possible, but UTEP will be playing in front of it's home crowd. I'm rooting for TSU to get the win, it's important to the league's credibility as far as being a viable option for D1 level talent during the recruiting of student/athletes!

Ditto what MikeB said up there------>

The ONLY players that I would fear on UTEP's squad are the punter and place kicker :emlaugh: for obvious reasons. All SWAC JB LaCombe is gone TSU (evidenced by 2 missed FGs during the Labor Day Classic). Be mindful of that in a close game...

GO TSU!!!

To be honest, Mack is not the emotional leader on the field and in practice. It is our sensational sophomore Santino Hall who's getting into everyone's face pushing them and steering them.

Mack is a leader by example but Santino is a leader by example and his words. He pushes everyone to be the best that they can be.

I really hope you guys win and when Bama State comes I'll be there to cheer you on since I'm grounded in Houston for the season.

I didn't see the game, but only 17 points ???

Maybe if you put up more points against PV, then you might see some more support. The fundamental aspect that was mentioned earlier is the main proponent of why I personally think that TSU may have trouble keeping it close.

But by all means, prove me and all the other nay-sayers wrong !!!

Re: I didn't see the game, but only 17 points ???

Originally posted by phatback
Maybe if you put up more points against PV, then you might see some more support. The fundamental aspect that was mentioned earlier is the main proponent of why I personally think that TSU may have trouble keeping it close.

and yall had problems with the other tsu! worry about getting of the bus in gram at least TxSU has a win going into this game!

Back