Twitter account alleges gang rape of Spelman student

Kendrick

Administrator
Staff member
An alleged gang rape laid out on an anonymous Twitter account has sparked investigations at two elite Atlanta universities and set off a social-media firestorm.

The @RapedAtSpelman
account started posting on May 2.

"This is my freshmen year at Spelman and my last year because I decided to leave after what happened to me," the first Tweet read.

The account went on to recount a story about partying with upperclassmen.

"I was drunk but that doesn't mean I forgot about what happened. I went to the bathroom upstairs to throw up and when I opened the door I was…surrounded by 4 Morehouse students who took me to another room and took turns raping me," the tweets say.

The anonymous poster said she went to file a report with the dean and with public safety after she was raped but that the school took a month to get back to her. When she did hear back from the dean, she was told that Spelman and Morehouse were "brother & sister so I should give them a pass," according to a tweet.

"I don't want to be at a school that does not make me feel safe and wants to silence me," the account Tweeted.

The president of Morehouse said the school's Office of Campus Safety has been "activated" to fully investigate the claims "with the limited information" available.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...r-account-alleges-morehouse-gang-rape-n568436

Back