THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

No offense but any true NEW ORLEANIAN( yes i was born and raised in the 9th ward) knows that the city cant afford to lose the saints. Its easy to say 'let em go', if you're an outsider looking in. But most of you posting are not from new orleans, have basically seen bourbon and thats it, or just have relatives that stay here.ITS NOT THE SAME. My city would crumble if the saints decided to leave. The city is in shambles and would be in worse shape without the franchise and we wont make it with JUST the hornets. So before you look at this fom a STATE standpoint,no offense just keep in my that they're called the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS,not THE LOUISIANA SAINTS.

sujag07 said:
. So before you look at this fom a STATE standpoint,no offense just keep in my that they're called the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS,not THE LOUISIANA SAINTS.
The Superdome is named Louisiana Superdome because that state owns it and it's the state that will have to come up with the money to aplease Benson. The politicians outside of Metro New Orleans don't like giving money to New Orleans.

BgJag said:
The politicians outside of Metro New Orleans don't like giving money to New Orleans.

Sounds like New Orleans got the EXACT SAME PROBLEM JACKSON GOT.

It kill's these mf's to approve anything for Jackson. :smh:

How come Benson just can't make the Saints a publicy traded entity...like the Celtics and the Packers...????

JagBR said:
May go to San Antonio.

*crossing my fingers*

PLEASE LEAVE!!

It's better that they do anyway...

PS....take them crappy bugs with ya!!

Right now I see it as posturing. The Alamodome is not looked upon as "NFL" ready. I do not see Albuquerque being in the running even though it has over 500K people. I worked at Sandia and know that Kirkland Air Force Base, Sandia National Labs and the airport mean a lot to the local ecomony. In other words I do not see a lot of corporations buying seats, namely personal seat licenses, like they would in a Los Angeles. Does the L.A. area have their act together?

Journalist said:
How come Benson just can't make the Saints a publicy traded entity...like the Celtics and the Packers...????

I do not think that the NFL will allow it anymore. For instance, 10 investors owned the Vikings before McCombs did. For totally lack of better words the NFL basically broke up the group.

sujag07 said:
No offense but any true NEW ORLEANIAN( yes i was born and raised in the 9th ward) knows that the city cant afford to lose the saints. Its easy to say 'let em go', if you're an outsider looking in. But most of you posting are not from new orleans, have basically seen bourbon and thats it, or just have relatives that stay here.ITS NOT THE SAME. My city would crumble if the saints decided to leave. The city is in shambles and would be in worse shape without the franchise and we wont make it with JUST the hornets. So before you look at this fom a STATE standpoint,no offense just keep in my that they're called the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS,not THE LOUISIANA SAINTS.

Exactly, I grew up in New Orleans too (from Cross tha Canal to that wild east). As much as I drag for the Saints, I would absolutely hate to see them boys pack their isht. I do believe that Benson should sell the team to someone with some love for the N.O. If he keeps this up he might have some of them N.O. headbussa's looking for him. Man them people in that city love the Saints, this might just worsen the crime rate and everything. holla

sujag07 said:
I appreciate what you're saying, and you're right it would be a big problem for the city (that we really don't need), but I'm soooo tired of this same thing coming up every year. Either he wants to be here or he doesn't. Tom Benson knows what the Saints mean to this city and if he has no loyalty to all of the die-hard fans then.........
These fans are definitely the only people that have this unbelieveable faith that they will ever make it to the Super Bowl. I am happy for the Saints when they do well, but I also realize that its just a matter of time before it all goes downhill again. I use to be there singing "I Believe" and "Who Dat", but then I woke up.

And yes I am born and raised here (right across from that Goose) :wavey:

Southern's board of Supervisor should be at the table with Benson negociating when he threatens to leave the state. :lmao:

Like most New Orleanians, I grew up wishing the Saints would win, but never really thinking it could happen. Again, like most New Orleans football fans, I had another team that I would "root" for (mine was the Redskins), but I knew at some point the Saints would make me proud.

In saying that, I really grew to appreciate the Saints more when I moved away, and didn't know how much that team meant to me until that happened. Honestly, I don't see the Saints leaving New Orleans anytime soon, unless they're moving to Los Angeles. That's the market the NFL Owners really want to put a team, and the second they get their stuff together out there it's going to happen.

Benson is no fool, he's looked around the league, and he's seen just about every team in the league get a new stadium, or get a major renovation done to their stadium since he bought the team. He see's the new revenue streams, and inducements the other owners are getting, and he wants his too. I can't be mad at him for that.

He has the ball in his court, and he's playing keep away, and he has the state at his mercy. At some point, or another just about every owner that's wanted a new stadium, and didn't plan on building it himself, has done exactly what he's doing. They throw out cities, and say that's where they're going to move, until they're demands are met.

Kathleen Blanco has taken a stand, and though I can appreciate what she's doing (looking out for the state), publicly criticizing Benson every chance she gets, and demanding a deal be worked out is not the way to go. You can get more flies with sugar, than you can with salt, and the public criticism's, and insults are keeping this thing at a stalemate.

If she's smart she'll bring it to a vote, like what happened in Dallas, Denver, and Baltimore, and let the people decide, if she's not willing to bend. I think it would be a very bad thing for her image in New Orleans, and it's surrounding parishes if it's percieved that she's the reason the Saints left if they do decide to roll out. Those are a lot of votes to lose if she's thinking of re-election.

Benson has an existing contract with the state already, and she can't possibly think the man is going to give back the amount of money she's basically demanding that he give back. It's just not going to happen, especially the way she's going about asking him.

NICE

Governor Blanco, the State of Louisiana and the City of New Orleans has a lot more to worry about, than loosing the dayum Saints. "L" I was born and raised in New Orleans as well, but the city is in a crisis and the Saints ain't helping the matter.

Basically, the whole city of New Orleans is in shambles. The 9th ward, where I grew up (N. Galvez & Pauline St.) is a total mess. Streets are "F" up, houses which should be labled shacks, are in a state of dis-repair. The public school system ranks last in the nation, the downtown area, is surrounded by housing projects (Lafitte, Iberville, St. Thomas, Malphemene, Caliope, etc)

Jobs are not readily available in New Orleans like they are in Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, etc. The hotel and tourism business supports most of the city's busniess industry. Many of the young black men in the city work as hotel bell caps, waiters, parking attendants, etc. Man it's sad to say, but when I go home to New Orleans, I can't wait to leave because of the sad economic and social condition of the city.

I get sad when I see the youth of the city walking the streets, with a mouth full of gold teeth, just hanging out and I think to myself, dayum these young brotha's ain't gonna never make it out of the city.

If I were a professional athelete with the Saints or the Hornets, I would not want to play in New Orleans. For what? It is a terrible city to raise a family in. 80% of the city consists of run down or abandoned houses. The crime rate is rediculous. And the school system is the worst in the nation. I see why Jimmy Jackson said "L" no, when the Rockets tried to trade him to the Hornets.

TruBluJAG said:
Governor Blanco, the State of Louisiana and the City of New Orleans has a lot more to worry about, than loosing the dayum Saints. "L" I was born and raised in New Orleans as well, but the city is in a crisis and the Saints ain't helping the matter.

Basically, the whole city of New Orleans is in shambles. The 9th ward, where I grew up (N. Galvez & Pauline St.) is a total mess. Streets are "F" up, houses which should be labled shacks, are in a state of dis-repair. The public school system ranks last in the nation, the downtown area, is surrounded by housing projects (Lafitte, Iberville, St. Thomas, Malphemene, Caliope, etc)

Jobs are not readily available in New Orleans like they are in Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, etc. The hotel and tourism business supports most of the city's busniess industry. Many of the young black men in the city work as hotel bell caps, waiters, parking attendants, etc. Man it's sad to say, but when I go home to New Orleans, I can't wait to leave because of the sad economic and social condition of the city.

I get sad when I see the youth of the city walking the streets, with a mouth full of gold teeth, just hanging out and I think to myself, dayum these young brotha's ain't gonna never make it out of the city.

If I were a professional athelete with the Saints or the Hornets, I would not want to play in New Orleans. For what? It is a terrible city to raise a family in. 80% of the city consists of run down or abandoned houses. The crime rate is rediculous. And the school system is the worst in the nation. I see why Jimmy Jackson said "L" no, when the Rockets tried to trade him to the Hornets.

Did you guys see Coach Haslett talking about Adrian McPherson? He looked like he already knows that boy is doomed if he goes anywhere near that city. He ain't lying either if he goes anywhere within 20 miles of New Orleans to do anything but play football on gameday, they may as well hold him a spot in the OPP (old parish), HOD, or one of the templeman off Tulane Ave. Pray for that boy, please!!!!!!!!!!

TruBluJAG said:

Amen brother Amen!!!!

RUN SAINTS RUN!!!!

Back