Swac Media Day

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like they are trying to keep certain folks from attending....

SWAC Football Media Day To Kick Off The 2005 Season

The Southwestern Athletic Conference kicks off the league?s 84th football season with the 2005 Football Media Day. The SWAC Football Media Day will take place on Friday, July 29, 2005 at the Birmingham Sheraton-Downtown from 10a - 3p.

The event, marking the kick-off the 2005 SWAC football season, will be the culmination of two-days of SWAC events in the city of Birmingham. The conference will also co-sponsor the 2nd Annual SWAC Youth Football Clinic on Thursday, July 28, 2005 from 9a-12n at Birmingham?s historic Legion Field.

The SWAC Football Media Day Activities are the beginning of a season that will be highlighted by the ESPN MEAC-SWAC football challenge on Labor Day week-end, Saturday, September 3, 2005 at Birmingham?s Legion Field. The 2004 SWAC Champion, Alabama State and MEAC Co-Champion South Carolina State will collide in a nationally televised game at 2:30p (CT). The Southwestern Athletic Conference will conclude the 2005 season with the SWAC Football Championship Game in Birmingham on Saturday, December 10, 2005 at Legion Field.

The Football Media Day program will feature coaches? presentation built into the luncheon period with the Pre-Season All-SWAC team and predicted order of finish announced at the end of the luncheon. Media one-on-one interviews with coaches and players will be held after the luncheon from 1p-3p.

Admission to the luncheon is by invitation only. Registered media will be issued invitations during registration and a limited number of tickets are available to the public.

The Media Day schedule is as follows: 10a - 10:45a - Registration
11:00a - Luncheon Program Begins
11:20a - Coaches Presentations Begin (In Alphabetical Order)
12:30p - Preseason Team, Predicted Order of Finish
12:45p - Luncheon Program Ends
1:00p - 3:00p - Coaches/Players 1-on-1 Interviews w/Media

For more information on SWAC Media Days and Youth Clinic, contact the SWAC Office at (205) 251-7573
http://www.swac.org/05-06/football/mediaday0627.htm

Fiyah said:
Looks like they are trying to keep certain folks from attending....

Maybe because it was SRO last year and they are trying to keep it to a minimum this year?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
it's been moved 3 times since I started going in 2001..and the public has started to embrace it...now it's becoming a country club setting with invitation only

I wonder how the "limited" amount of tickets will be distributed and which media outlets will get the invites

If it's Media Day it should be just Media Outlets attending.Mostt of the times it more fans attending the luncheon and Media Reps can't get in. God knows A&M brings a boat load of people that are not affiliated with any Media outlet.

MACBFAC said:
God knows A&M brings a boat load of people that are not affiliated with any Media outlet.
:lol:

I hope not to hear the "infamous" AJ Memphis talk about his "ho'ses". :(

Blacknbengal said:
:lol:

I hope not to hear the "infamous" AJ Memphis talk about his "ho'ses". :(

I would hope not to hear Bell talk about ANYTHING...as if he'd have much to talk about anyway!

MACBFAC said:
If it's Media Day it should be just Media Outlets attending.Mostt of the times it more fans attending the luncheon and Media Reps can't get in. God knows A&M brings a boat load of people that are not affiliated with any Media outlet.

If the media reps are not in attendance in such great numbers, it's good that somebody comes to the event. Nothing like having 10 coaches, 10-20 players, 10 ADs and one cameraman, one writer and one reporter with a microcassette recorder for a media event.

SEC Media Day is the same day...Media Day is an event for the MEDIA...that's why its called that. It was a packed house the past couple years...all the outlets of the schools normally make the trip down, maybe with the exception of the Texas schools

MACBFAC said:

MAC..........
Yes we do bring a Coach Load of people AND WE PAY $25 to $35 to attend the luncheon!!! The Comissioners Office has the extra tickets that ANYONE can purchase.

I have been to everyone of the Media Days since they began holding them in B'ham. The only Media that I have seen who couild not get in were those who did not pre-register and who came just in time to try and "mooch" a FREE LUNCH with nothing more than a piece of paper and a #2 pencil in hand!

Your insinuation are inaccurate. :tdown:

AAMU Alum said:
If the media reps are not in attendance in such great numbers, it's good that somebody comes to the event. Nothing like having 10 coaches, 10-20 players, 10 ADs and one cameraman, one writer and one reporter with a microcassette recorder for a media event.

Yep..you iz right Alum.. gotta agree with you there. But watch them Bell cracks....:D

It's obvious that this thing is growing. And what has made it grow is the casual fan attendance. If A&M brings boatloads or in this case busloads then that's great! This is what I mean we must find a way to capitalize on stuff rather than destroying it.

Perhaps now this needs to be a 2-3 day event. Put in a golf tournament with the coaches and some former players as well as the fans, put in an evening where the fans can mingle and meet the coaches & players. The Youth Clinic is there. :tup: Have a flag football game with former players on a team. Set up Alumni booths one day and have recruiters there. etc.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot by alienating the people who have help to make this thing a success. Grow it, ......don't stow it.

Bengal E said:
Yep..you iz right Alum.. gotta agree with you there. But watch them Bell cracks....:D

It's obvious that this thing is growing. And what has made it grow is the casual fan attendance. If A&M brings boatloads or in this case busloads then that's great! This is what I mean we must find a way to capitalize on stuff rather than destroying it.

Perhaps now this needs to be a 2-3 day event. Put in a golf tournament with the coaches and some former players as well as the fans, put in an evening where the fans can mingle and meet the coaches & players. The Youth Clinic is there. :tup: Have a flag football game with former players on a team. Set up Alumni booths one day and have recruiters there. etc.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot by alienating the people who have help to make this thing a success. Grow it, ......don't stow it.

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Bengal E said:

Hey, I wouldn't have even mentioned Bell's name if beans-n-franks hadn't made some lame comment about Jones. After all, isn't Bell 0-2 vs. Jones?

I'm just askin'.

In all seriousness, your suggestions for Media Day(s) are superb! :tup:

Bengal E said:

You're absolutely right with this post. I don't care if this event is for the media, if the casual fan wants to attend let him come. If the facility is too small charge a couple of bucks so you can rent a larger one. Fan support is the best form of PR there is.

Media Day in Montgomery did allow the two Bama National Alumni Presidents to speak.

We always wear new polo shirts at Media Day. Believe it or not the next year Bell bought GR and Robber polo shirts, but the other guy and TP did not get a shirt. I am saving my new shirt for media day.

Knowing MACBFAC I don't think he was saying anything negative about AAMU fans coming to media day. I think it was recognizing the fact that we come. We have been to everyone of them and the only reason we come is that our AD thinks it is important that we support Media Day.

Are you coming to SWAC Media day? For those in the Birmingham & Atlanta area or anyone interested there is a youth camp that takes place on Thursday, July 28 at Legion Field from 9:00AM - 12:00.

if I'm there (should be)..in at 9:00 out by 5 on Friday

Sharpy....why you actin' like your the only person in your household who is Greek? Give the lady some love on here

Sharpy,

I'll miss yall on this one. I'm going to be in Kentucky that week. SOmeone else will be there representing our office.

NOISE TALKA said:
Sharpy,

I'll miss yall on this one. I'm going to be in Kentucky that week. SOmeone else will be there representing our office.

You going to meet that reporter lady??? :lmao:

Does there ANYBODY that still thinks that Bowels is doing a good job. This dude is the biggest idiot EVER. It does matter how IGNORANT GR thinks Bowels is, he always manages to out do himself.

The last time GR went to a media day event, it was a disaster. You would have thought a kindergarden kid arranged that event....and now this. The SWAC can try its best to insulate itself from the outside, but true fans can see right thru Bowels. This guy is just a flat out idiot.

At a time when the SWAC needs to be trying to include EVERYBODY, he pulls this stunt.

DEAR VOWELS,

YOU SUCK and YOU ARE INCOMPETENT.

SWAC Football Media Day 2005

Who's going?

Everson Walls Joins SWAC Football Media Day Activities
By SWAC Office
Everson Walls, Grambling State alumnus and Dallas Cowboy Pro-Bowler, will be part of the activities to kick-off the 84th SWAC football season at the 2005 Southwestern Athletic Conference Football Media Day Activities. He will be the featured speaker at the 2005 Football Kickoff Luncheon and Media Day at the Birmingham - Downtown Sheraton Hotel on Friday, July 29, 2005, from 10a-3p.

There are a limited number of seats available to the public at $30 per seats and pre-registered media are admitted by tickets issued at registration. For further ticket information contact the SWAC office at (205) 251-7573.

Back