SWAC enrollment figures

Well, well. Now, look who's calling people sensitive? It's a fact Tigerpride that PV has passed up Jackson State in enrollment this semester. That's fact not a lie.

...and that is good for PV. I don't see what is so great about a large enrollment. That is why I am so confused about you all blood pressure going up over this. PV ain't JSU academically so they could have 20K students if they want to. What would that mean? :confused:

A LIE IS A LIE!!!!:shame::shame:

Are you upset that one of the JSTANKERS had to be corrected????

Corrected by 17? :confused: Within error, he was not wrong. Im sure that 4994 has changed and will continue to change. Not sure about other schools but Grambling posters owe him an apology. :lecture:

I was told by a close friend over a year ago that UoP (for whom she teaches) was planning to have an HBCU (I know they wont have the historical govt classification) inside of UoP since they have so many Black students. They wanted to offer the HBCU experience to attract more black students. They are coming after our market.

But we have a unique opportunity. Nightline did a hit piece on UoP a few weeks ago (you can still see online) and the federal gov't is scrutinizing degrees more in identifying diploma mills. Many employers are getting skeptical of many online degrees. Imagine if HBCUs started more online degree programs, working directly with their established corporate partners to provide assurance of academic rigor. A person can get a degree online from a FAMU, PV, SU, A&T, JSU etc from a distance and still participate in an on campus graduation, come to homecoming wearing their gear and join a local alumni assoc. The schools also get tuition revenue without the overhead of more brick and mortar. This is how I see FAMU reaching 20,000 students in the next ten years.

And for us fans, make them pay an athletic fee. Send them a pair of classic tickets on top of their ability to get into campus games (since they probably are not showing up to games on campus).

I was told by a close friend over a year ago that UoP (for whom she teaches) was planning to have an HBCU (I know they wont have the historical govt classification) inside of UoP since they have so many Black students. They wanted to offer the HBCU experience to attract more black students. They are coming after our market.

But we have a unique opportunity. Nightline did a hit piece on UoP a few weeks ago (you can still see online) and the federal gov't is scrutinizing degrees more in identifying diploma mills. Many employers are getting skeptical of many online degrees. Imagine if HBCUs started more online degree programs, working directly with their established corporate partners to provide assurance of academic rigor. A person can get a degree online from a FAMU, PV, SU, A&T, JSU etc from a distance and still participate in an on campus graduation, come to homecoming wearing their gear and join a local alumni assoc. The schools also get tuition revenue without the overhead of more brick and mortar. This is how I see FAMU reaching 20,000 students in the next ten years.

And for us fans, make them pay an athletic fee. Send them a pair of classic tickets on top of their ability to get into campus games (since they probably are not showing up to games on campus).

Honestly, a UofP degree just seems like a waste of time and money to me. I can't imagine many employers holding those degrees in high esteem.

Cliff,
I work at the US Department of Education and that has been a heavy conversation over the past few months. I think their Masters Degrees hold more credibility than their Bachelors. I have a similiar vision as you do Cliff of HBCU's dominating this market in their individual states.

PV Enrollment 8,956 as of Sept 14 - PVAMu.edu

JSU had a 1.1% decrease

Enrollment figures at a glance
Fall 2009 Fall 2010 Change

Alcorn State University 3,334 3,682 10.4%

Jackson State University 8,783 8,689 -1.1%

Mississippi Valley State University 2,850 2,491 -12.6%

for comparison

Delta State University 4,031 4,324 +7.3%

Of course this will be taken the wrong way, but if the MVSU enrollment trend continues for another year or two and the MS budget issues dont ease, can they realistically stay open?

Back