Swac Baseball Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I agree with people when they said that the Baseball brackets need to be like the Softball bracket. SU played 2 games in 1 day today. :smh: :smh: Its ok Jags! Just win it next year, and PV or Alcorn yall better represent the SWAC well. But 1st Alcorn get these 3 outs! :nod:

I think Alcorn announcer jinxed them. HR SU......Alcorn 9 SU 4. THERE IS PLENTY MORE OF WHERE THAT CAME FROM!!!!!!!!! :nod:

Jag-BR said:
I agree with people when they said that the Baseball brackets need to be like the Softball bracket. SU played 2 games in 1 day today. :smh: :smh: Its ok Jags! Just win it next year, and PV or Alcorn yall better represent the SWAC well. But 1st Alcorn get these 3 outs! :nod:
SU played back to back games. Alcorn also played 2 games yesterday. They beat Valley before SU and PV played. It's what happens when you're in the loser's bracket.

Robber said:
SU played back to back games. Alcorn also played 2 games yesterday. They beat Valley before SU and PV played. It's what happens when you're in the loser's bracket.
Still need the Softball bracket. Lost to PV & turned around and played an hour later. :rolleyes: The game is over. Congrats Alcorn. One of yall represent the SWAC well.

Jag-BR said:
Still need the Softball bracket. Lost to PV & turned around and played an hour later. :rolleyes: The game is over. Congrats Alcorn. One of yall represent the SWAC well.

The only thing that the softball brackets do is give your division winners a bye in the first round. Someone still would have had to play 2 games on the same day.

Jag-BR said:

If I'm not mistaken, I think they play doubleheaders in the SWAC all the time, although they're 7 inning ballgames. If it was like a softball bracket someone would still have to play twice in one day. Alcorn had to play play twice also.

SU was just drained after losing to PV. SU is up 7-2 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 5th and PV rattles off 5 runs. Then with no out in the 7th and runners on 1st and 2nd, SU gets picked off 2nd, and on the next pitch the batter strikes out.

And SU fans would cringe at the 2nd game. SU didn't lose because of pitching, the game was lost due to errors. 6 errors were recorded, but SU created more than that. The 3rd baseman had 4 alone. Their heads weren't in the game.

SU played sloppy all day (actually, all tourney). And there's no leadership on the team. No Brandon Mason, No Toussaint, Townsend, Weeks, Vital, Mouton, or Gray. No one out there was able to settle the team down during the 5th agnst. pv, no one to settle the team down in the 1st 3 innings agnst. Alcorn.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
With the upcoming additions to Lee-Hines, SU should have a big advantage again when it comes to recruiting players.
Funny you should say that..I know 2 pitchers a lefty & righty,that maybe in the blue and gold next season...One kid call me Friday night...I will be calling Cador monday....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Jag-BR said:
REPRESENT WELL PV & I DO MEAN WELL!!!!!!!!!! :tup: :tup: :nod: :nod:

Looks like PV will face Rice in the Tourney. A second possiblity is UT. Both UT and Rice will likely host regionals. Either way, rep. the SWAC!

It was a pleasure conversating with several of the fans and alums (TSPN Posters) of the SWAC schools. I hope and pray everybody made it back to their destination safely.

Great Tournament!!

The tournament was held in a great facility and was run very efficiently.

SWAC West Baseball is on "Fire"!

The SWAC East made a strong push, as well.

Jafus (Thinker) said:
It was a pleasure conversating with several of the fans and alums (TSPN Posters) of the SWAC schools. I hope and pray everybody made it back to their destination safely.

Great Tournament!!

The tournament was held in a great facility and was run very efficiently.

SWAC West Baseball is on "Fire"!

The SWAC East made a strong push, as well.

Comparing last years tournament to this years tournament, what were the +/- between the two?

large facility.....people were spread out but with Jackson gone it didn't bring in large numbers. PV and Alcorn had the most fans. I estimate 200 to 300 per game.....

the field was in great shape but that was not a surprise....

looks like the bracket will be redone now and it'll make the loser's bracket harder.....now it's an advantage to lose the first day and win the next two games and get a big break in between games.

the last 3 title game participants came out the loser's bracket on the first day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back