SU's Hayes done for the year!!!

krueger

While driving to work this afternoon, it was reported on AM 1300 (Baton Rouge) by Charles Hanigriff that the official status of SU's Michael Hayes is that he has a torn ACL and a partially torn medial meniscus. He is done for the season. SU will be petitioning the NCAA for a medical reshirt for this season.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I feel for the brother,hopefully he can fully recover and comeback strong next year,granted the NCAA approves a medical redshirt year, which they should. Good luck JAgs on his recovery

A medical redshirt is not a given because it would be his 6 th year. He came to SU as a redshirt sophmore.

TSU help!
Is Leonard Mack a true senior or redshirt senior???

I hate hearing the news on these two star players (Mack and Hayes)!

I also wonder if either would or should come back for another season. Personally, I would rehab my injury as best possible then take whatever money the NFL has to offer. Coming back would be risking another injury and jeopardizing whatever signing bonus money is available.

Originally posted by krueger
A medical redshirt is not a given because it would be his 6 th year. He came to SU as a redshirt sophmore.

TSU help!
Is Leonard Mack a true senior or redshirt senior???

Are you sure about this. Athletes get 5 years to play 4 anyway. So if he had never redshirted, they could use that redshirt on him without petitioning for a medical redshirt.

At any rate, I hate that this would happen to this young man with such a bright future ahead of him. I pray he rehabs like a mutha and convince skeptics that he's still as great as was/is.

This is really unfortunate for Hayes. I agree with MikeBigg. I think he should allow himself to be drafted while he's still highly regarded as a prospect. Who knows what another year in college could hold in terms of injuries and/or performance? I'd dare say he won't be a 1st rounder as it stands, but there are plenty of teams that would certainly take a chance on a player with his physical attributes. He shouldn't slip too far as a draft choice.

I wish him the best of luck.

Speechless.... Was looking forward to him setting records this fall as well as being in the first round (which is STILL possible!) of next years draft...

Wishing him well on his recovery.

That's true. You get five years to play four and Mack fits into that category. I've seen Medical Redshirt Years awarded for similar instances.

It is now up to Mack if he wants to come back. The University has taken care of him so it's all on him go into the draft which I think will hurt him more than it will help.

Best of luck to Hayes and Mack.

Much luv MH....

Keep your head up....the Nation is definitely praying for your recovery.

:heart:

Another preseason All-SWAC player down!

This is sad. I pray Mike and Mack will recover fine.

First, pre-season CB Brandon Reed at A&M (theif), then pre-season QB Darnell Kennedy (grades), the pre-season Defensive player of the year Lenard Mack goes down (knee), now preseason Offensive player of the year Michael Hayes has knee injury in only nine minutes of playing time.

What's next.

Timbutktu, Brandon Reed will be starting this weekend against GSU. I guess his punishment was to sit out one game, but in the Huntsville Times, Cooper said he would be starting this week. Also Kennedy is back with Bama St. The way Robert Mathis played Saturday he should be written in as Defensive Player of the Year. Football players on campus at TSU are STILL talking about him.

They back!

Reed and Kennedy are back. I can understand Reed, but how did Kennedy makeup grades problems when school was out. Maybe he had gotten an incomplete on which he can makeup the work huh.

Mathis is good, but Cooper better get him some rest by either the offense moving the ball and/or a quality backup to releive him. I listen to the game on the radio and I think he started cramping up.

That was Jamaal Ware. Mathis had a hip pointer. Adrian Abrams had had a sprained knee (He was the leading tackler for UAB last year at middle linebacker). All will be back this week except for Abrams, he will be back for the MVSU game.

I'm with you

Originally posted by MikeBigg
I hate hearing the news on these two star players (Mack and Hayes)!

I also wonder if either would or should come back for another season. Personally, I would rehab my injury as best possible then take whatever money the NFL has to offer. Coming back would be risking another injury and jeopardizing whatever signing bonus money is available.

I, like everyone else, would have loved to see them play this year out and go as some high picks, but I think God has a plan for them and will guide them in their recovery and afterwards.
Hopefully they will both come back better.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back