SuperBowl XL quirks

cetmo

CIO
I created thread to allow all to just list some of the odd quirks or just stuff that was just plan odd or stupid about this year's SuperBowl. This is what I had by halftime:

1 - Seattle entered the stadium on with one of the weakest, opera-like intro songs I ever heard, while the Steelers came out playing heavy metal

2 - Aaron Neville might as well not have shown up for the National Anthem. I didn't hear a word he was saying.

3 - That had to be the most "wrinkled" halftime show of all time. The Rolling Stones performance at halftime was the equivilent of watching James Brown perform. They could have at least got someone from the 90's to perform.

4 - How did a college player (Matt Leinart) get paid to do a commercial for Desperate Housewives?

Feel free to post your own....

cetmo said:
4 - How did a college player (Matt Leinart) get paid to do a commercial for Desperate Housewives?

Feel free to post your own....

He is not eligible for collge play anymore so his services are out to the highest bidder. Vince Young did a sports card show and few weeks ago and paid some serious dollars to sign his name and take pictures.

Why arn't they showing replays of qustionable calls from many angles right after the play?

Fiyah said:
Why arn't they showing replays of qustionable calls from many angles right after the play?

Seattle was robbed of a TD in the first half. The guys foot hit the cone. That should have been a td and not called out of bounds.

cat daddy said:
Seattle was robbed of a TD in the first half. The guys foot hit the cone. That should have been a td and not called out of bounds.

Well his right foot hit the cone and the left was out of bounds but the thing they should have looked at was where the ball was when his other foot was out of bounds. If it was inside the cone then it is a TD, there never showed a replay for you to see.

There are many calls going the Steelers way.

Hasselbecks tackle on the interception, the mystery holding call, the Rothesburger TD.

If the refs are going to cheat, then why play the game? I mean, Seattle was playing Pittsburgh and the league office. This is truly a sad day in sports.

LaMont said:
If the refs are going to cheat, then why play the game? I mean, Seattle was playing Pittsburgh and the league office. This is truly a sad day in sports.

Sometimes it good to see someone else express your exact thoughts, it lets you know you were not just seeing things.

LaMont said:

The game is over. Seattle made some stupid mistakes also. So they deserve to lose.

Tight End should have caught plenty of passes that were thrown to him.
Questionable play calling and horrible clock management before the end of the 1st half.

Oh don't forget about the alledged pushoff in the endzone that took a TD off the board. That ref didn't even think about throwing that flag until wayyyy after the catch was made.

Fiyah said:
Oh don't forget about the alledged pushoff in the endzone that took a TD off the board. That ref didn't even think about throwing that flag until wayyyy after the catch was made.

Did you see Jackson extend his arm? The defender was pushed.

Fiyah said:

But he HAD to throw it. Whether it took a while for him to pull out the flag or not...it was right in front of him.

Steelers played like they wanted it, therefore, they WON IT!!! :jump:
So happy for Jerome Bettis, Hines Ward, and Troy P.

Or the TD that wasn't a TD or the multiple mysterious holding calls whenever Seattle made a big play to get within range. Man, the fix was in from the start. And please don't go there on the "push off." I've seen all kinds of real pushes never get called - that wasn't even a love tap, as the push off was not needed and it made no difference in that play. Simply put, Pitty's player was out of position. In fact, that's their new name - Pitty's burg because Taglibue must have had a truck load of $$$ riding on this one.

LaMont said:
Or the TD that wasn't a TD or the multiple mysterious holding calls whenever Seattle made a big play to get within range. Man, the fix was in from the start.

Dude. What fix? Did you have money on this game? Like I said before. Seattle had plenty of other opportunities to win the game and they let it get away. The Steelers were giving them the game in the first half.

Jackson pushed the defender's arms down.

cat daddy said:

Look at where the ball is, it's across the plane of the goalline......Touchdown.

capt.sb28402060107.super_bowl_football_sb284.jpg

Is the ball really across the plane? You definitely can't see it here.

Also, he needed TWO feet in ANYWAY. Whether the ball is across the goaline or not, he needs to establish possession, and in the NFL, you need TWO feet inbounds to establish possession on a reception.

Fiyah said:
Look at where the ball is, it's across the plane of the goalline......Touchdown.

capt.sb28402060107.super_bowl_football_sb284.jpg

Jackson's foot touched the sideline before he kicked the pylon. He dragged his foot before it even touched. So the pass we not complete. Go watch the replay. You are reaching man.

Now you're going to do the the whole "Rodney King" video breakdown and tell me that what I'm seeing, I'm not seeing.

Just face it: Pitty's Burg got the benefit of the fix.

Dr. Freeze said:
Jackson's foot touched the sideline before he kicked the pylon. He dragged his foot before it even touched. So the pass we not complete. Go watch the replay. You are reaching man.

Man what game were you watching. I replayed on my DVR several times for those watching with me and you know if his foot would have hit the white before the cone, he would have appeared to have been tripping over something. His foot hit the cone is stride.

LaMont said:
Now you're going to do the the whole "Rodney King" video breakdown and tell me that what I'm seeing, I'm not seeing.

Just face it: Pitty's Burg got the benefit of the fix.

Nope. I do no such thing. Go back and watch the game again. There was no fix in this game. Seattle hurt themselves. The zebras...hold up...you are starting to act like those fans from Annie Mae.

Back