Stanley Cup

Anonymous

Was I the only negro on this board to watch game #7 last night? Although i am a devout Detroit Red Wings fan, I did check it out last night..... Great game...... Also, am I the only one who has been to the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Finals?

Anonymous said:
Was I the only negro on this board to watch game #7 last night? Although i am a devout Detroit Red Wings fan, I did check it out last night..... Great game...... Also, am I the only one who has been to the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Finals?

No I watched some of it. Carolina did their thing. I thought Edmonton was going to make them choke after winning a couple games in a row. Good to see ole boy win a championship after 17 years.

Anonymous said:
To be honest, that horrible TV deal the NHL has doesn't help at all. The only information I got about the Stanley Cup was via ESPN. It is wasn't for that. I wouldn't have even known the playoffs had even started....let alone that there was a hockey season.

Anonymous said:

I watched the game. Very entertaining.

And YES you are the only Negro this side of Canada to go to a Finals game. :xeye:

SAME OLD G said:
To be honest, that horrible TV deal the NHL has doesn't help at all. The only information I got about the Stanley Cup was via ESPN. It is wasn't for that. I wouldn't have even known the playoffs had even started....let alone that there was a hockey season.

Yeah that deal with OLN really set the NHL back with the casual fan.

Anonymous said:

I watch it, and I usually watch the NHL finals. I really enjoy the way they celebrate with the "skating of the cup." I admit that I don't understand all of the rules of hockey, but I like the checking that goes on. I like hockey a lot more than soccer.

Regards.

SAME OLD G said:

You don't have OLN, huh......

Dr. Mac said:
I like hockey a lot more than soccer.

So true !

Hockey athletes are, IMO, the best in the world.

The speed of the game. The balance and coordination necessary to not only skate, but skate with all of that equipment on, carrying a stick, with 200 + pound guys trying to knock the crap out of you.

Best Athletes in the World !

Anonymous said:

Nah, I'm a huge hockey fan and I watched it too. I'm a Pittsburgh Penguins fan and yes, you may be the only one to go to a NHL Finals game, however, have you ever been to an AHL or ECHL Playoff or Finals Game .... I have.

In Baton Rouge with the Kingfish, Lafayette with the IceGators, and Houston Aeros of the AHL.

Anonymous said:

I watched game 7. I am a Calgary Flames Man. I like that country azz city.

Back