Southern strategy*to bring in students

Good question, but I think they are more worried about determining a way to partner with community colleges that will offer the remedial courses that SU will lose in 2014. How many remedial courses is SU currently offering? Most HBCUs offer more than one section of math and reading, which means that closed enrollment did not alleviate that. (Some PWIs also have to offer remedial classes for students based on test scores, etc.). The SU administration may be trying to address two issues with one solution.

Okay. I'll accept that.

Good discussion.

:tup:

I actually like this movement within our new administration... Way to think outside of the box!!!!

I was reading on facebook.. of complaining and bitching.... :smh: man some black folks will complain about anything... You wanted a change.. youve now GOT a change.. and you still are not happy!!! :smh:

Great partnership and use of your OWN resources!! :tup: Great Work SU!!!
I love what our administration is doing also :tup: .

I love what our administration is doing also :tup: .

I agree! I like what our administration is doing. These policies at SU are smart and out of the box. To add to what another poster was saying, by having these students on campus and taking SUBR courses that gives SUBR an advantage of pushing the Southern brand and keeping the students within the SUBR system. What many down in Baton Rouge are noticing, students graduate from BRCC and head to LSU, ULL or Southeastern. The feeder system to Southern has not happened at a pace Southern officials were anticipating. This is an excellent move.

Now, Southern needs to push harder in announcing its new admissions requirements to get in SUBR, which is now 2.5.

Back