Southern player booked on robbery, burglary charges

The choices you make are life changing and long suffering.

Why would you robb someone when you are about to get your degree in five days?

Since he is scheduled to graduate on Saturday, he will still receive his degree. He obvioiusly has fulfilled all of the requirements for it. He'll just have to settle for being a convict in jail with a degree. As Seeing Spots has already alluded, this problem is systemic, unfortudnately.

I sure feel for this guy it is almost like not going if this stays on his record as a felony.... I just don't understand sometimes why we do the things that we do (people)......... Why waste all that hard time getting that close to graduation and messing it up by doing something so silly....

Anonymous said:
And no he WONT get his degree...He has been suspended from the university. :smh:

Wow, I didn't know they could do that to you unless you committed some crime on SU campus. I guess there is some moral clause for student conduct on and off campus somewhere. Now if he is found innocent what will SU do then? Restore his degree. This young man has pretty much ruined what was supposed to be a happy week for him and his family.

Holmes is suspected in several other robberies. You know they are looking to see if England was involved in several other robberies with Holmes.

Ex-SU basketball player booked with six holdups

A former Southern University basketball player arrested and accused of robbing residents at gunpoint in an Essen Lane apartment complex last week is a suspect in a similar incident at Burbank Apartments.

The East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office has booked 22-year-old Joseph Lee Holmes on six additional counts of armed robbery in connection with the Burbank incident, deputy Fred Raiford said Tuesday.

Six teenagers were robbed at gunpoint around 12:50 a.m. May 2 in the apartment near the LSU campus. While pointing a silver automatic pistol, the gunman ordered them to lie on the floor or on a bed and then covered their heads with pillows or blankets while apparently taking items from the residence.

The victims, who lived in the Burbank Apartments, picked out Holmes as one of the robbers, Raiford said.

Holmes was arrested last week along with two other men in connection with an armed robbery at an apartment at 4155 Essen Lane. In that incident, the gunman ordered the three adults in the apartment to lie on the floor while the gang robbed it.

Along with Holmes, Nicholas Egland, 23, and Jarmone Jerrell Smith, 21, were arrested and booked on counts of armed robbery and aggravated burglary. All three remained in the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on Tuesday.

Both robberies still are under investigation by the Sheriff's Office.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/051105/pol_policeb001.shtml

cat daddy said:
Holmes is suspected in several other robberies. You know they are looking to see if England was involved in several other robberies with Holmes.

CD, that's the sad part. Now that he's been caught, any robbery that's still open, and he fits the description he will surely be suspected. Hey, if it's him then he gets what he deserves, and if Egland was with him, then no need to cry over spilled milk. My dad used to always tell us, that if you commit a crime Angola will always have a bed for you.

From a dorm to a cell, what a life?

NICE

Back