Smoke-free campus: Troy University bans all tobacco use, beginning 2012

Olde Hornet

I like this idea - what do you think about it? I am a non smoker.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...iversity-bans-all-tobacco-use-beginning-2012-

Troy University students who smoke will have a year to figure out how to kick the habit.

If not for good, then at least on campus.

University trustees have adopted a policy to ban all tobac co use on campus, making it the third higher-education campus in the state to implement such a policy and one of the few institu tions in the River Region to go completely smoke-free.

All tobacco products on Troy University campuses and teach ing locations worldwide will be banned, beginning Aug. 13, 2012.

They did this at my company. All it did was make them walk across the street or get in their cars and rive to the edge of the plant. :lol: The same will happen here. :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Alcohol and weed is not allowed on college campuses too.
How are those bans working out. :lol:

True, but I still think this is good.

I remember sitting around playing cards with the fellas in undergrad and thinking "I'm going to get cancer from all of this smoke". And I don't even smoke. :lol:

Exactly lol.. the enforcement of this will be lax it's just a technicality.
That depends on the degree of belief AND actual enforcement (meaning they "how much are they lor ain't talking out the side of they neck" they doing). Unless they're willing shoot themselves in the foot in actually enforcing this (like some colleges, mostly private), it may be a largely fruitless effort.

But I think that needs happen anyway. The widespread sight of buts, the smell of cigs and look of them smokers don't do nothing but stink and kill you anyway.

Last edited:
I like this idea - what do you think about it? I am a non smoker.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...iversity-bans-all-tobacco-use-beginning-2012-

Troy University students who smoke will have a year to figure out how to kick the habit.

If not for good, then at least on campus.

University trustees have adopted a policy to ban all tobac co use on campus, making it the third higher-education campus in the state to implement such a policy and one of the few institu tions in the River Region to go completely smoke-free.

All tobacco products on Troy University campuses and teach ing locations worldwide will be banned, beginning Aug. 13, 2012.

That remine me what Cedric the Entertainer said on Kings of Comedy
[video=youtube;dM-S5Oz0BJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM-S5Oz0BJ4&feature=related[/video]

To tell you the truth this is a good idea because it is teaching students look to alternative means of enjoyment; to tell you the truth it is nothing horrible like watching young people smoke their life away and have lung disease and age 22 or so!

Last edited:
Its going to be interesting to see how this works out. I think it will work, just as it has in corporate america.

Back