Several shot at PVAMU homecoming event

tsugraytiger

I'm surprised I didn't see this. Listen, homecoming is dangerous at a HBCU. If you go, you need to go on full alert. I don't hear about this level of violence or concern for safety at non-HBCUs during homecoming but of course when you get a large crowd of us folk in one area ... gun violence is more likely to happen. It is what it is

Last edited:
I'm surprised I didn't see this. Listen, homecoming is dangerous at a HBCU. If you go, you need to go on full alert. I don't hear about this level of violence or concern for safety at non-HBCUs during homecoming but of course when you get a large crowd of us folk in one area ... gun violence is more likely to happen. It is what it is

You didn't see it because it was on a farm in Waller and long after homecoming was over. PV tells their students to avoid these off campus field parties because it is an uncontrolled environment and always dangerous/ It was way to many people over there and too many Houston non student people there. My son went on a trail ride earlier at 3 pm and when they got back this party was letting people in and the exit was the same as the entrance. My son walked almost 2 miles to have me pick him up since I was in his rental car. and it still took over 2 hours to get to him. His friend that drove didn't get out until midnight because of traffic, this incident must have happened really late. Of course the Houston media couldn't wait until they could find something negative to try to tie it to PV, I hate the media in Houston

You didn't see it because it was on a farm in Waller and long after homecoming was over. PV tells their students to avoid these off campus field parties because it is an uncontrolled environment and always dangerous/ It was way to many people over there and too many Houston non student people there. My son went on a trail ride earlier at 3 pm and when they got back this party was letting people in and the exit was the same as the entrance. My son walked almost 2 miles to have me pick him up since I was in his rental car. and it still took over 2 hours to get to him. His friend that drove didn't get out until midnight because of traffic, this incident must have happened really late. Of course the Houston media couldn't wait until they could find something negative to try to tie it to PV, I hate the media in Houston

Right. PV Homecoming is a HUGE event and because of that, promoters with no affiliation to the University see it as an opportunity to make money at these off campus parties. They are in the business of making money so they market to any and everyone. That's why you get a bunch of randoms from the city showing up and messing things up. Like you said...homecoming was over saturday night and this didn't even happen in the city of PV. I'm glad that the actual PV Trailriders issued a statement as well making sure folks realize that this event isn't affiliated with their organization.

MEDIA...... Hell sever people got shot. What do you want them to do, put in the classifieds.

It's never our students. Only 1% of the time is a college student. It's usually some local thugs with envy and jealousy intentions who come around looking for trouble. They don't want to attend college they just want to attend college events and be ignorant.

This is not a PV homecoming event. This title is not correct. You are doing the same thing that the media does. Link these shootings to PV for greater viewership.

Back