Scotlandville point guard Ja'Vonte Smart ranked No. 5 in the country by ESPN

SUjagTILLiDIE

Scotlandville point guard Ja'Vonte Smart moved up one spot in the latest set of rankings released by ESPN this week to the No. 5 overall player in the country in the Class of 2018.

The 6-foot-4, 180-pound Smart remained the top point guard in ESPN rankings.

In fact, Smart is the top-rated guard period with the four players ahead of him listed at 6-9 or taller and listed as either a power forward or center.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/08/scotlandville_point_guard_javo.html

If Johnny Jones is still the coach at LSU and they have success this year with this team. I think LSU is a serious player. He will not be leaving home.

Seen dude play against some player 2 Sundays ago..real deal...and I don't say that about many...

I seen him Kill Central HS at Central last year LOL..

He has the whole package....

If those remember that kid Zimmerman...I remember he came down and played Baker HS in 99 and put on a show..he's like a Zimmerman type..

Seen dude play against some player 2 Sundays ago..real deal...and I don't say that about many...

I seen him Kill Central HS at Central last year LOL..

He has the whole package....

If those remember that kid Zimmerman...I remember he came down and played Baker HS in 99 and put on a show..he's like a Zimmerman type..
You are insulting Smarts game comparing him to Zimmerman. You realize Smart is going to be a sophomore this year.

You are insulting Smarts game comparing him to Zimmerman. You realize Smart is going to be a sophomore this year.
Lol

Yea, I was saying that was the last kid IMO (Zimmerman) that had it all when I seen him play...

Smart is going to be a special kid..he has it all...

The championship game he played last year..man smh...he won the game by himself against Byrd too

Lol

Yea, I was saying that was the last kid IMO (Zimmerman) that had it all when I seen him play...

Smart is going to be a special kid..he has it all...

The championship game he played last year..man smh...he won the game by himself against Byrd too
Smart as a freshman is better than Zimmerman as a senior.

Smart as a freshman is better than Zimmerman as a senior.

Nah..

I doubt Smarts would be killing it in that ERA and if Zimmerman was put in this ERA today he'll be just as better as he was back then...

You think Smarts is better than Jermey Bennett from Glen Oaks as a FR?

Look who Jermey Bennett was playing against as a FR and compare it to the comp that Smarts is going up against? or better yet..switch roles and see where Jermey would be if he played today

He just didn't get the media attention back then...

I can give you a list of players that were better than Smarts when they played back then? The attention wasn't as big as it is now on a player..

Don't get me wrong Smarts is good, but look who he's up and playing against..put him in the ERA from 95-2002...which had "HEAT" on every squad down here in Baton Rouge..and you think he could put up them same numbers as a FR?

That's why I say Zimmerman was a dog...
Hell look what ole boy dude Toris Bright? he dropped 100 in a game...

Hell naw. Go to Duke or Mich St. or something.
Alabama already has a 5* guard coming in for 2016, though he'll likely be gone before Smart makes it there.
I can give you a list of players that were better than Smarts when they played back then? The attention wasn't as big as it is now on a player..

Don't get me wrong Smarts is good, but look who he's up and playing against..put him in the ERA from 95-2002...which had "HEAT" on every squad down here in Baton Rouge..and you think he could put up them same numbers as a FR?

That's why I say Zimmerman was a dog...
Hell look what ole boy dude Toris Bright? he dropped 100 in a game...
Who was a better guard back then (95-2002)?

Alabama already has a 5* guard coming in for 2016, though he'll likely be gone before Smart makes it there.

Who was a better guard back then (95-2002)?

Courtney Trask
Shon Robinson
Toris Bright
Devin Clark
Jermery Bennett
The other PG that went to LAB after Clark
Zimmerman (who I named)
those for starter

The Kid is good...don't get me wrong...

There are more kids out there, the SF that plays for Helen Cox, the Guard that plays for Riverside..
But Smart has the edge over these guys but like stated he's only a Soph

Courtney Trask
Shon Robinson
Toris Bright
Devin Clark
Jermery Bennett
The other PG that went to LAB after Clark
Zimmerman (who I named)
those for starter
Man you crazy. LOL

Torris Bright would tell you he was never as good as this kid. LOL And Devin Clark? Come on man.

Man you crazy. LOL

Torris Bright would tell you he was never as good as this kid. LOL And Devin Clark? Come on man.

LOL

Dude did score 100 pts in a game....

How I judge these kids that's playing in today's HS game, I ask myself, could they have played in that ERA where they had some ball players come out of NOLA and BR and still put up the numbers?

I don't think so, then I take the players in the past ERA and put them in this ERA and I ask myself if they could ball just as good as they did in the past and it's a no brainer most of the times LOL...

You laughing at Devin Clark, but the fact of the matter if LAB played today's Scotlandville team, who would win??

Man you crazy. LOL

You do know Jay Williams was a beast (ex Duke PG) and again I'm speaking when Jay Williams was in HS..you can go back and pull up old HS All Americans and ask yourself if Smart better than these guys

Is Smarts better than him?

LOL

Dude did score 100 pts in a game....

How I judge these kids that's playing in today's HS game, I ask myself, could they have played in that ERA where they had some ball players come out of NOLA and BR and still put up the numbers?

I don't think so, then I take the players in the past ERA and put them in this ERA and I ask myself if they could ball just as good as they did in the past and it's a no brainer most of the times LOL...

You laughing at Devin Clark, but the fact of the matter if LAB played today's Scotlandville team, who would win??
He scored 70, not 100. And so did DeJuan Wagner and Andre Brown. Means very little.

And we're not talking about team vs team, we're talking player vs player. If Smart were on Devin's Lab teams, Smart would be starting.

Back