Roger Cador, LSU needs a baseball coach

thegooddoctor said:
All the big names have turned LSU down. Could the time be right for Roger Cador to move across town?

Not happening. LSU aint ready for that yet. All this means is that ole Skip Bertman will step back in for a year or so and then open the search back up later. By that time some of those big names may have had a change of heart.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
they will use every white coach available before Cador is granted a "token" interview......Cador can't even get an interview now with folks turning the job down left and right so what does that tell you? That's a slap in the face going after guys who haven't won as much as him.

cador certainly deserves not only an interview but the job. the only question is..would the best players go play for him at LSU or would they let the color of his skin keep them away?

Cador can't do that. He set aside J-State for what his son said was "unfinished business" at Southern. Why would he run to LSU after that? He knows how their fans are and more importantly, how their boosters are. They would do what they could for LSU, but would they do it for him?

Plus, he would look like "sloppy seconds" now and Cador has too much pride for that, I hope.

major095 said:
cador certainly deserves not only an interview but the job. the only question is..would the best players go play for him at LSU or would they let the color of his skin keep them away?
Huh?? What makes you say that? I'm not Cador bashing at all, but I would like to hear your explaination for this statement.

According to Jimmy Ott, LSU will name Paul Mainieri(Notre Dame's coach) as their new coach later today or tommorrow.

WalkWitaPanther said:
Huh?? What makes you say that? I'm not Cador bashing at all, but I would like to hear your explaination for this statement.

cador is a dog gone good coach. that's why i say that. he's the class of the swac. he can recruit, he's coached a golden spikes winner & #2 mlb draft pick. he's a proven winner, so much so that they have difficulty scheduling. no one wants to see su on their baseball schedule. the real question is why aren't more schools knocking his door down (we know the answer to that one, but hopefully as the entire conference improves no one will be able to ignore the achievements of any of our players and coaches).

major095 said:
cador is a dog gone good coach. that's why i say that. he's the class of the swac. he can recruit, he's coached a golden spikes winner & #2 mlb draft pick. he's a proven winner, so much so that they have difficulty scheduling. no one wants to see su on their baseball schedule. the real question is why aren't more schools knocking his door down (we know the answer to that one, but hopefully as the entire conference improves no one will be able to ignore the achievements of any of our players and coaches).
Very true................but in the eyes of big time Div. 1 baseball, and in the eyes of LSU decision makers, being "the class of the SWAC" really doesn't mean a lot. Do you feel me?

WalkWitaPanther said:
Very true................but in the eyes of big time Div. 1 baseball, and in the eyes of LSU decision makers, being "the class of the SWAC" really doesn't mean a lot. Do you feel me?

you mean those same LSU decision makers that see their team run scared and refuse to reschedule if they get rained out? that's the squad we're talking about right? they know the deal, but their not going to hand any of their programs over to a black man (or woman) any time soon, regardless of qualifications.

major095 said:
you mean those same LSU decision makers that see their team run scared and refuse to reschedule if they get rained out? that's the squad we're talking about right? they know the deal, but their not going to hand any of their programs over to a black man (or woman) any time soon, regardless of qualifications.

Now they do have a black female head basketball coach........ I would not totally rule it out potentially for Men's basketball ( I understand what you're saying though )

Black females dominate college hoops and basketball was the first major sport to consider coaches regardless of race plus the NBA featured blacks in the 50s as stars

Old school mentality still exists in football despite us dominating the sport and with baseball being white dominated and ingrained in the American culture they won't embrace us as coaches.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
According to Jimmy Ott, LSU will name Paul Mainieri(Notre Dame's coach) as their new coach later today or tommorrow.

Yep....

LSU hires Notre Dame's Mainieri as baseball coach

BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU's search for a baseball coach is over. Notre Dame coach Paul Mainieri has informed Notre Dame that he will become LSU's next baseball coach, according to former LSU baseball player Wally McMakin, a local financial advisor and a friend of Mainieri and the LSU program for three decades.

"It's over," McMakin said Tuesday afternoon after having lunch with Mainieri in LSU athletic director Skip Bertman's office. "It's over. Paul has talked to Notre Dame. It's over."

LSU sports information director for baseball Bill Franques confirmed that there is a noon news conference today at LSU to announce the new baseball coach.

Mainieri and Bertman were not available for comment Tuesday as they were at a dinner party at Bertman's home with McMakin, LSU officials, former LSU players and members of LSU's Board of Supervisors.

"He met everybody in the athletic department today and toured the facilities and looked at the plans for the new stadium," said McMakin, who was a teammate of Mainieri's at LSU in 1976. "He and his wife feel real comfortable here. He's a great guy, and I think he will do very well."

Mainieri, who was 533-213 in 12 years at Notre Dame with nine NCAA appearances and one College World Series in 2002, will sign one of the most lucrative contract packages in the Southeastern Conference, according to McMakin. Mainieri, who made about 170,000 at Notre Dame, will make in the $500,000 range at LSU, which is what Bertman said he would consider paying from the outset

Story (con't)

major095 said:

Pokey Chapman is the women's basketball coach. She is black.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back