Record setting 1st round for NFL draft (SEC fans step inside)

Tigerpride said:
MH, GaTech is ATL. We are at the center of everything that makes ATL turn. With 1/3 of the alums that UGA has, we can raise 3Xs the amount of money that they can. We don't lower our standards just to win and UGA still struggles with us. Also, GaTech is the most powerful force in ACC. We were force behind what changed the landscape of College football forever because our President wanted the college of his heart (VaTech) in the ACC and made it happen. We are now the most powerful and most technological conference in the nation.

Outstanding post. Damn TP, if J-State had a leg to stand on, it might give the Icon a challegne (on TSPN) with your great commentary.

Suge said:
O lord......here we go. These dayum Yech' with their technology talk. It is just like a bunch of star wars geeks and chat room nerds to start talking about raising money and making excuses for sucking by bringing up admission standards when the rest of us are talking about football.

Bottom-line is you can not talk college football without mentioning the Ramblin Wreck. Hell, even legendary Bama with its great history lists the Yellow Jacket in its fight song - recognizing game.

Even today, the Ramblin Wreck still has more SEC championships damn near 2/3s of the SEC, and we left the SEC over 30 years ago.

Only the Icon of Atlanta baby!! LOL!

GSUperTiger said:
Bottom-line is you can not talk college football without mentioning the Ramblin Wreck.

:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry MH.

NICE

Suge said:
O lord......here we go. These dayum Yech' with their technology talk. It is just like a bunch of star wars geeks and chat room nerds to start talking about raising money and making excuses for sucking by bringing up admission standards when the rest of us are talking about football.

MH bought up ATL. I just corrected him and pointed out GaTech's position in the WORLD.

Also, on top of our technological prowess, we can boast athletics with the best of them!!!...from baseball, to basketball, to football.

Suge said:
:lol::lol::lol:

TP,
yech isnt the top college team in its own town. :scared: Stop trying to act like thats not the truth.
(and as for the rest of the state, yech wouldn't even be in the top 3)
:smh:

yech is a lower tier team, with a very small following.

basically, yech is smalltime (thanks TP)
:lol:

mighty hornet said:
:lol::lol::lol:

TP,
yech isnt the top college team in its own town. :scared: Stop trying to act like thats not the truth.
(and as for the rest of the state, yech wouldn't even be in the top 3)
:smh:

yech is a lower tier team, with a very small following.

basically, yech is smalltime (thanks TP)
:lol:

MH, we are an elitist university so of course the common folk are not going to follow us but we ain't missing 'em. You have to wear shoes at GaTech.

In football, I will not let even my pride hide the recent dominance of UGA but we are certainly #2 in GA and quite possibly the region in football since we stomp teams like Auburn and Clemson. In basketball, you have to go two states over to NC to find a team to compete with us on the regular and we run the entire SE in baseball.

Tigerpride said:
In football, I will not let even my pride hide the recent dominance of UGA but we are certainly #2 in GA and quite possibly the region in football
no, you're not
When I was growing up in south Georgia, Fla State was bigger than yech down there (not to mention, they kick yech's arse EVERY year)
Auburn had a bigger presence too.
Probably today, GaSouthern is bigger than yech too.

UGA
FSU
Auburn
GaSou
yech

wasn't it just a couple of years ago that yech "upgraded" their stadium to 45K seats?
Face it, yech is smalltime. Seriously!

mighty hornet said:
no, you're not
When I was growing up in south Georgia, Fla State was bigger than yech down there (not to mention, they kick yech's arse EVERY year)
Auburn had a bigger presence too.
Probably today, GaSouthern is bigger than yech too.

UGA
FSU
Auburn
GaSou
yech

wasn't it just a couple of years ago that yech "upgraded" their stadium to 45K seats?
Face it, yech is smalltime. Seriously!

BAHHHAAHAAAAHAAAHAAAHAA........ ROTFLMAO @ MH. He done put Ga Southern ahead of yech I mean Tech....:lol:

JR said:
Ohio State had Texas beat. They lost that game more than Texas beat them. Tressel should have just let Troy Smith who was just coming back play the whole game.

BTW, Ohio State had 14 players drafted a few years ago and didn't drop off. So don't count on it. Most folks expect them to contend for a National Title next season. Also let's not even talk about that weak arse conference Texas played in last year. It sucked. You'll see how much of a drop off Ohio State will have when they beat the hell out of UT in Austin this Fall. Mr. Smith and Mr. Ginn will have their way. The offense will be hella this year. We reload on defense every year since we are a NFL factory. Not only do we get players drafted.....they don't end up being busts that often. That's why the NFL loves our players. Can't say that for the UT contingent.

Face it dude, TX handed one to OSU. They couldn't stop VY when it counted. I'll bet you're still having nightmares of #4 catching that pass over one of OSU's overrated db's.

And anyone that follows the Big 10 should NEVER make comments about another conference. The Big 10 is one notch above Conference USA. Without OSU and MI, the Big 10 would be 1-AA.

Troy Smith is the truth but OSU lost the leader of the o-line and Ginn is not a real receiver yet. Without Holmes on the other side it's pretty easy to stop him. Teams overlooked Holmes last year(I don't know why)and doubled up on Ginn. Consequently he was a non-factor for the first 9 games of the season. What do you think will happen when he has Gonzalez on the other side next year. OSu will be decent because they have a great coach and QB but the words "National Championship " shouldn't be spoken in Columbus.

BIGCAT3000 said:
Face it dude, TX handed one to OSU. They couldn't stop VY when it counted. I'll bet you're still having nightmares of #4 catching that pass over one of OSU's overrated db's.

And anyone that follows the Big 10 should NEVER make comments about another conference. The Big 10 is one notch above Conference USA. Without OSU and MI, the Big 10 would be 1-AA.

Troy Smith is the truth but OSU lost the leader of the o-line and Ginn is not a real receiver yet. Without Holmes on the other side it's pretty easy to stop him. Teams overlooked Holmes last year(I don't know why)and doubled up on Ginn. Consequently he was a non-factor for the first 9 games of the season. What do you think will happen when he has Gonzalez on the other side next year. OSu will be decent because they have a great coach and QB but the words "National Championship " shouldn't be spoken in Columbus.

Dude have you lost your mind...........You obviously don't follow OSU football. They have an all-world center waiting in the wings and I aint talking basketball either(even though we do there as well :hat: ). I am sure Texas was breathing a sigh of relief when that TE dropped the game sealing TD in the end zone. Heck even Mack Brown said Texas got lucky. Non the less they won the game. OSU Dbs overated? Please. They have a history of success in the NFL. That's why they get drafted. The Big 10 can talk isht to any conference. Only maybe the SEC can consider themselves a better overall conference in Football. That sad conference called the Big 12 has Oklahoma and Texas. That's it. Heck next year it will just be Oklahoma. Ginn will be just fine. Again you know nothing of OSU recruits and players. The WR corp which is another staple at OSU every year is deep. Gonzalez is more than capable of doing the job. He toasted that sad Big 12 team of Oklahoma State as a Freshman in the Alamo Bowl 2 years ago. Not to mention catching the ball to set up the winning TD against Michigan on the road. I see you are just an OSU and Big 10 hater. Oh well you will see just how deep the Buckeyes will be this year. The schedule is in our favor too with Penn State and Michigan coming to the Shoe. After we beat up that depleted Texas team in Austin in September we will be on our way. :lol:

Back