Quite Frankly

Great show. I like Stephen A. Smith. He is a very articulate, smart, & straight forward brother. He is not afraid to tell it like it is. I just hope he will do a profile on HBCU's since he graduated from one.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
it wasn't what i thought it was gonna be, I thought it was gonna be more in terms of like a Jim Rome is Burning, but he his sitting down doing an interview with someone for an hour, it's pretty good. AI was putting everything out there, especially about looking for his wife, lol when he said he went in the house with a gun confronting two men who like men. LMAO!

I'll hold my reservations about the show, because Allen Iverson really carried it last night. I will commend Stephen A. though, he didn't force questions on Allen, and he let him answer them in a way he wanted to answer them. Unlike a lot of show hosts, or someone who's conducting interviews, he didn't cut him off, or try to sway his answers, and that was cool.

I've always liked AI, but after listening to him be so candid, I have a new found respect for him, it's not often that you here today's athlete, or a black man for that matter, accept responsibility for his wrong doing, and that was very commendable of him.

"Everytime I went to jail, I deserved to be there." That quote probably sticks out more to me, then anything he said last night, though he had a lot of them. Even when Stephen A. tried to let him off the hook about going to jail, and having Governor Wilder grant him clemency, he still took responsiblity for being there.

One of the most honest interviews I've ever seen, and I commend AI for being so honest.

NICE

Great show.... IMO..... I really hope that this show does well... AI did carry the show, and in some circumstances, I thought SAS needed to slow down his speech and not rush so much (first segment, b4 interview), but it was the first show....... But as one who was his SID at WSSU, I am proud of him and wish him the best...

Stephen A. needs to check his grammar....

*talking to Allen Iverson*

"Who IS you?"

"uhh"

"ARE!"

AI really shined in the interview. He did not cop out one time. It was touching.

Anonymous said:
Great show.... IMO..... I really hope that this show does well... AI did carry the show, and in some circumstances, I thought SAS needed to slow down his speech and not rush so much (first segment, b4 interview), but it was the first show....... But as one who was his SID at WSSU, I am proud of him and wish him the best...

I watched parts of it ....I thought Stephen A. did a great job, considering it was the first show...he didn't try to control the interview..and made the interviewee (A.I.) feel comfortable, which, as we're taught, gets you a lot more out of a person than being confrontational and bullish...

Also the setup with the two chairs and no desk makes it more conversational and inviting, which also makes the interviewee more comfortable...

Stephen A. should get Gee Arrah on Quite Frankly and let him talk about J-State football...man if A.I. was that wide open..what you think Gee Arrah would say...
:lmao:

Interesting show. Glad Iverson got a chance to express himself. Many of us have never heard him tell his story. The media loves to tell it for him. Hope the show gets many more of those types of interviews.

I thought the show was great. I was very skeptical of watching since it was Steve A. and I vary on my opinion of Steve A's delivery. I figure he will be toned down a little to keep the show. The stage audience left much to be desired. Where did they get those people from? That was not a sports audience, just regularly(almost sports-detached) people. :xeye:

Very touching. Had me teared up when AI teared up. I've always felt he was a "true" individual. Loved his talk and respect for his mother and wife. Loved the forgive them for they know not what they do quote about the mean-spirited people in the world. :tup: That's deep. It takes spiritual growth to get there. :)

I watched because of AI. Now, I'll continue watching just because.

Great show...I sometimes think that S.A. talks too much, but he did a great job with Allen Iverson. Will continue to watch.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm glad he finally has a show. I said two years ago that Stephen A. needed his own show, his own outlet. I have always liked him and his style is funny. I was impressed with the way he held his own during his opening monologue. He's a natural in that setting and it wasn't forced.

I'm a little confused as to why it debuted when it did. I don't watch much of ESPN during the summer (too much baseball), but now that training camp has started, I will tune in from this point on. But I didn't realize he had a show until the other day. The format is interesting because I never really thought an audience makes the show. Sometimes they can throw the guest off and at first I didn't think AI would be as open as he was in front of a few people staring at him. Stephen has always been good at getting players to open up regardless of the venue.

I do hope there will be a little more variety because I don't think he'll always have guest who can carry the entire show. I'm skeptical of the Charlie Weiss show, but we'll see.

I wish the brotha luck because he's good and he deserves the exposure. I will tune in a much as possible.

Journlist, and Tig I agree with the both of you. I liked the seating arrangements of the show, and I've thought for the longest time, that it was just a matter of time before Stephen A. would get his own show. JSTUS, I thought the audience was weak as well.

Suge, and I debate to no end about Stephen (I'm a fan) he isn't, but there's no denying the man is talented, engaging, and entertaining. Whether you like him or not, he makes you want to hear what he has to say.

On the flip side, I'm interested in seeing how he handles Charlie Weiss. With his demeanor, it's easy for him to relate to a lot of today's athlete's, and it makes it easy for them to relate to them, but someone like Charlie Weiss, and in a different sport (football) something that he's knowledgeable about, but not his love like basketball, should make for interesting viewing.

When I looked at the show last night, it reminded me a lot of Roy Firestone doing "Up Close." He always took a friendly approach when dealing with his guests, and he wasn't pushy, he sort let them do, and say what they wanted, and when he had a controversial question to asked, he phrased it like an agry fan, or crazed media, taking the pressure off of himself, and letting the athlete respond to the critics. I'm not saying Stephen is no Roy Firestone, but his style was very reminiscent of Roy's.

NICE

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Stephen A is alright, SOMETIMES he tells it like it is. Other times he is a hypocrite. He called Shaq (his friend) out at the beginning of the playoffs, but didn?t follow up with the criticism after Shaq failed his team in the playoffs. He takes it easy on his friends. But he will stand up to YT...something a bunch of could learn to do.

I missed today's show. I thought they would show the repeat like they did day 1. How was it???

Back