Quick question for JSU fans

SuaveTiger

I ride for Jacktown
Hey, I just read were that Kevin Dent was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame, my question to you all is, how good of a player was this guy, I was a young'n when he was playing and I can't remember this cat to save my life, & I thought I was pretty da*n good with my JSU history:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

SuaveTiger said:
Hey, I just read were that Kevin Dent was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame, my question to you all is, how good of a player was this guy, I was a young'n when he was playing and I can't remember this cat to save my life, & I thought I was pretty da*n good with my JSU history:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Dent led the Nation in interceptions while at JSU. Pretty good player. I can't remember if he started all 4 years or not. He was on some great JSU teams. Ones that started that SWAC win streak. They had players like Lewis Tillman, Chris Burkett, Leon Seals, Darrion Conner, Jackie Walker just to name a few on those teams. Hell they had some boys come through JSU back then.

Dent played while I was at JSU. Can't remember how many years he started, but #49 led the nation in INTs and was a helluva safety.

Congrats to Kevin. :tup:

That other thread says Dent was HBCU defensive POTY 3 times. I figured he was I-AA All-American once or twice.

Wasn't he on the squad with the ORIGINAL "Showtime", Robert "Showtime" Thomas who was scoring touchdowns from his safety position like he was a wide receiver? I remember when Jackie Walker was playing high school football at Carroll High in Monroe, La. That dude was a beast in high school and a BEAST at JSU... The Blue Tigers really used to piss me off during that stretch. Folk remember that 3 or 4 year stretch of JSU going undefeated, but for many years they only lost one game (Guess Who?)

MikeBigg said:
Wasn't he on the squad with the ORIGINAL "Showtime", Robert "Showtime" Thomas who was scoring touchdowns from his safety position like he was a wide receiver? I remember when Jackie Walker was playing high school football at Carroll High in Monroe, La. That dude was a beast in high school and a BEAST at JSU... The Blue Tigers really used to piss me off during that stretch. Folk remember that 3 or 4 year stretch of JSU going undefeated, but for many years they only lost one game (Guess Who?)
Dent played one year with Robert "Showtime" Turner. Turner was a corner who played like Deion Sanders. If it was near him, he was going for it. Sadly, he was murdered after his freshman season.:(

Kevin Dent played at JSU the same years I played at GRAM, he was a bad boy, I think he led the nation in interceptions his Fr.or Sop. year. Man I still remember those 1985 and 1987 games in Jackson.

Tiger Den said:
Kevin Dent played at JSU the same years I played at GRAM, he was a bad boy, I think he led the nation in interceptions his Fr.or Sop. year. Man I still remember those 1985 and 1987 games in Jackson.

You guys had some real battles... the hitting back then was still intense. Not that it's not there now, but back then they were passing out aspirin in the stands. Just watching yall cats hit made the spectators take painkiller.

Dent was the truth, on and off the field. Anyone remember "The Nasty Bunch?" Well, enough said.

Back