Question 4 U PB folks about the GSU game

SAME OLD G

A product of Greatness
Staff member
I am told that there is a chance this game will be moved to Little Rock. Any truth to this?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Not from what I hear.

I'd ask the SID, but he doesn't know his elbow from his asshole, so I think I'll ask someone else.

Yup, sed it. Surprised? :rolleyes:

That would be DUMB. I am e-mailing the season ticket office now because we bought season tickets and they all were for games in Pine Bluff.

I don't know who an AD is suppose to think but we have 4 home games.
1) ASU
2) GSU
3) PVU (homecoming)
4) SU

Now, having the SWAC champions as your first home game in the Arkansas classic is enough marketing for a sellout.

The GSU/UAPB game is becoming a nice home/home series.

PVU is homecoming, that will be a sellout.

With all that went on with SU last year, this game will be a sellout.

No more than 20K will come out to a UAPB game in LR. Why not settle for 15k to 18K in your own stadium in Pine Bluff?

Da_Sperm said:
No more than 20K will come out to a UAPB game in LR. Why not settle for 15k to 18K in your own stadium in Pine Bluff?

It depends on who you play in Little Rock. It also depends on who is promoting the game. Let it be a 3rd party and it may do well.

We should keep it in PB. Why did we build a new stadium just to move games to Little Rock? Keep it at HOME.

That game is not and will not be played in LITTLE ROCK, just got of the phone with War Memorial stadium office. The only game scheduled in October at the stadium is the Razorbacks. That would have been the most insane decision possibly!!!!

War Memorial charges UAPB for the venue, the electric, water and as of the last time UAPB played at UAPB did not have the concession stands. So it would be profitable for UAPB and it's opponents to play in Golden Lion Stadium. War Memorial is nice though,especially with all the tailgate parties around the staduim before the game.

COACH said:
It depends on who you play in Little Rock. It also depends on who is promoting the game. Let it be a 3rd party and it may do well.

No it doesn't. The people that attend UAPB games in Little Rock would much rather DRIVE to Pine Bluff to attend the game. UAPB held games in Little Rock for years and have YET to get people out in numbers. There are only two teams I can think of that will draw a crowd for UAPB in Little Rock and that would be UCA and Arkansas State. Other than that, it mostly the typical UAPB fan going to the game.

there were some promoters calling school trying to make a Little Rock move.....yall were just part of the call

I was at a UAPB homecoming in 2002...I didn't see a sellout

The GSU/UAPB game needs to remain home and home (on campus). I can see maybe considering "an offer that can't be refused" in a neutral site (like that game in St. Louis) but other than that.

the band fan said:
there were some promoters calling school trying to make a Little Rock move.....yall were just part of the call

I was at a UAPB homecoming in 2002...I didn't see a sellout

Should have been there last year. In 2002, UAPB fans were sick of Hardman and past the point of support.

Back