QB Perrilou(sp) or Preauleau(sp) from Louisiana............

STRAWDOG

JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERAL
QB Preuleau(sp) or Perrilou (sp)

Can any of you Swacpagers (especially LA) tell me what happened to this OUTSTANDING QB from Louisiana??? The last thing that I heard was his signing with Texas?????? When watching the future at Tex on ESPN, they did not even mention this guy as a possible successor to Vince Young at Texas. Is he still in school at Texas or did he transfer?? Did he ever Qualify ????? Share any Info Please.

He is at LSU playing back up to big boy from Mobile. I think last year he was a red-shirt. (LSU got something for all of yall's azz) :lol: :emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That dude is gonna end up transferring, because he won't see the field until Jamarcus leaves. His best bet is if Jamarcus leaves early for the NFL. He talked a whole heap of noise coming out of high school, and told folks he was signing with Texas, then at the last minute (planned all along move) signed with LSU. He is behind current starter Jamarcus Russell, whose not about to lose his starting job to no Perrileaux (or however it's spelled). Russell is a RS Junior this year, and I believe Ryan came a year after Russell, so that would make him a RS Sophomore this year. Correct me if I'm wrong.

russell must stay healthy. i can see the youngster gettin his shot, if russell gets injured. now, once he starts underneath center, he will be the guy for the next couple of years. :shades:

Mr. SWAC said:
That dude is gonna end up transferring, because he won't see the field until Jamarcus leaves. His best bet is if Jamarcus leaves early for the NFL. He talked a whole heap of noise coming out of high school, and told folks he was signing with Texas, then at the last minute (planned all along move) signed with LSU. He is behind current starter Jamarcus Russell, whose not about to lose his starting job to no Perrileaux (or however it's spelled). Russell is a RS Junior this year, and I believe Ryan came a year after Russell, so that would make him a RS Sophomore this year. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ryan is a RS Freshman...he has 4 years of eligibility remaining. Russell has two years remaining...and he will probably remain for both years.

Ironic.....if he had gone to Texas, he'd be the starting QB on a team that would contend for the National Championship....instead he is a third stringer (the Flynn kid is ahead of him on the depth chart too) on a team that may not even win the SEC West.

Bad move Ryan.

:smh:

Mr. SWAC said:

Don't believe that. JeMarcus better come back healthy this summer, if not, he could be on the outside looking in. He's a good quarterback, but he's not mobil, and the way Flynn played in the Peach Bowl, and Perriloux waiting in the wings, if he's not healthy when the summer starts, or when the season starts, his days as LSU's starting quarterback will be over real quick.

Believe that.

I'm not saying the kid can't play, but the way Louisiana (or should I say LSU) politics work, you have a good white quarterback that can play, and a highly touted Louisiana kid sitting on the bench who everyone wants to be behind center, getting injured was the worst thing that could happen to JeMarcus. My hope would be for JeMarucs to be the starter, but again, knowing LA politics, his window of opportunity is slowly closing, and it will start to close even faster if the offense doesn't click when he returns.

NICE

Jaguar94 said:
Who's starting for LSU? Dude that played in the Peach Bowl looked good.

It's still gonna be Russell. I wonder if Ryan P thought about his "decision" now that Flynn and Russell will be there for at least 2 more years? He woulda had a legitament(sp) shot at UT now that VY is gone.

Mr. SWAC said:

No he's a redshirt freshman this year... He will start 3 years ( I look for Russell to leave early next year).

D-NICE said:
Don't believe that. JeMarcus better come back healthy this summer, if not, he could be on the outside looking in. He's a good quarterback, but he's not mobil, and the way Flynn played in the Peach Bowl, and Perriloux waiting in the wings, if he's not healthy when the summer starts, or when the season starts, his days as LSU's starting quarterback will be over real quick.

Believe that.

I'm not saying the kid can't play, but the way Louisiana (or should I say LSU) politics work, you have a good white quarterback that can play, and a highly touted Louisiana kid sitting on the bench who everyone wants to be behind center, getting injured was the worst thing that could happen to JeMarcus. My hope would be for JeMarucs to be the starter, but again, knowing LA politics, his window of opportunity is slowly closing, and it will start to close even faster if the offense doesn't click when he returns.

NICE

Hip em NICE! :lol: :emlaugh: (Russell is a bad boy though and I look for him to maintain barring injuries)

JeMarcus is not going anywhere. Take it from me, he's from my home town. I'm not worried about JeMarcus Russell getting hurt, because he's not injury-pone. If you've seen his physique you'd know why. Russell is bigger than most LBs on the field. His not being mobile........ lol that's just the type of quarterback he is. Even in high school, he could have tore up the field with his legs EASILY, but instead he did it with his arm. That's what impressed me the most about him, and that's what coaches want out of a quarterback these days. Someone whose gonna stay composed in the pocket and go through his reads. He's a pocket passer by nature, not by design.

Ryans situation is almost commical to me, because he got cocky as all get out, and told Lynn he was gonna sign with Texas, so go ahead and sign with LSU. Now Lynn has beaten him out. I'm telling you, Perriloux may as well transfer now.

Who is "Lynn"? If you are talking about FLYNN, he was there 2 years before Ryan...so he didn't "beat him out".

D-NICE said:

Believe that.

NICE

I agree 100%. Perrilloux as of spring camp was even with Flynn. Plus, LSU is in the hunt for another prep sensation out of Texas.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
D-NICE said:

Believe that.

NICE

These are excellent points. Consider these. Russell would lead his team to some quick scores (Florida, Tennessee), and the offense would stall. They wound up losing to Tennessee and should have lost to Florida.

This is the the first time it was said. LSU has a quarterback controversy.

if he would have went to Mississippi St. he would have started as a true freshman. Croom is already stocking up transfers (Tulane, Memphis, Florida, and etc.) what's one more.

jag4life said:
Who is "Lynn"? If you are talking about FLYNN, he was there 2 years before Ryan...so he didn't "beat him out".
I meant Flynn. My bad. Well who was it that also signed with LSU the same year as Ryan at QB?

Mr. SWAC said:
I meant Flynn. My bad. Well who was it that also signed with LSU the same year as Ryan at QB?

Nobody. You're probably thinking about Robert Lane from West Monroe (#4 qb in the nation) who orally committed to LSU in the same class as Russell, and Flynn, and eventually signed with Ole Miss when Russell signed his letter of intent, and Tulane's current starter Lester Ricard (also the rated #4 qb when he signed) transferred from LSU to Tulane when Russell, and Flynn signed as well.

Robert Lane is currently Ole Miss' TE, sort of like Dan Kendra when he moved to FB at FSU when Chris Weinke came on board.

As everyone can attest Russell is a good quarterback, but Mr. SWAC that will only get you so far at LSU if you're an outsider at quarterback, and there's a Louisiana kid that's highly touted waiting in the wings. Just ask Herb Tyler how he spent his last 2 years at LSU when Craig Nall, and Josh Booty signed. All Herb Tyler did at LSU was win, but the second Booty signed, people were calling for Herb Tyler's head, trying to get one of them on the field (mainly Booty), anytime he made a bad play.

The same with Rohan Davey, he got one start, played badly against a good Auburn team, and hit the bench for the remainer of the season, until Gerry Dinardo got fired, and Morris Watts became interim head coach, who then benched Booty, and started Davey against Arkansas. Nall eventually transferred to Northwestern State.

Not trying to diss your Alabama homeboy, but trying to let you know how things work at LSU pottna.

NICE

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
that's a lie right there, Croom has finally recruited some receivers to throw to. Go check out Tony Burks, he's a beast.

PERRILLOUX ONLY VISITED msu, HE stated PUBLICLY that HE HAD NO/NONE INTEREST IN GOING THERE AND THAT msu was NEVER in the hunt. He bacisly said LSU was his choice from day one. He only consider TEXAS cause his pops didn't care much for SABAN. Coach Miles was Godsend for Perrilloux. He going to be a great one, Vick with an arm.:ebrow: Doug Williams arm at that.

CATMENDUE2 said:
PERRILLOUX ONLY VISITED msu, HE stated PUBLICLY that HE HAD NO/NONE INTEREST IN GOING THERE AND THAT msu was NEVER in the hunt. He bacisly said LSU was his choice from day one. He only consider TEXAS cause his pops didn't care much for SABAN. Coach Miles was Godsend for Perrilloux. He going to be a great one, Vick with an arm.:ebrow: Doug Williams arm at that.

Are we talking a quick release as well as a strong arm for Perrilloux?

JeMarcus is not about to lose his starting job. As far as leadership qualities and experience goes, he should still get the nod. He will be the starter for the next two years. Also, Russell's arm is WAAAAAAAAAAY stronger than Perrilloux. :nod:

Back