PV Honors NFL Great Otis Taylor

Storm96

PVAMU Athletics Donates Memorabilia To All-Time Great Otis Taylor

The Prairie View A&M football team will pay homage to one of its greatest players in program history as legendary standout Otis Taylor will receive a package of PVAMU memorabilia.

PVAMU Athletic Director Ashley Robinson, head coach Willie Simmons and members of the football team donated an autographed football and various other PVAMU memorabilia to Taylor. Along with Robinson and Simmons, longtime athletic supporter Phyllis Darden-Caldwell and Prairie View Magazine publisher Dewayne Charleston also assisted with the transporting of the memorabilia to Taylor, who currently resides in the Kansas City suburb of Raytown.

"Otis Taylor is arguably one of the greatest Panthers to ever don the Purple and Gold," said Robinson. "He is still highly respected across NFL circles and we would like to brighten his day and honor him with items that remind him of his days as a student-athlete here at Prairie View A&M. We will also honor him in our new football stadium as a banner donning his picture will hang from the stadium facade."

http://pvpanthers.com/news/2016/5/1...emorabilia-to-all-time-great-otis-taylor.aspx

rp_primary_pic1r70.jpg

One of my favorite players of all time. Taylor along with several other HBCU greats made the Kansas City Chiefs my team.

He was the primary reason Charlie Taylor transferred to Arizona State.

It is a travesty that he is not in the college football hall of fame.

One of my favorite players of all time. Taylor along with several other HBCU greats made the Kansas City Chiefs my team.

He was the primary reason Charlie Taylor transferred to Arizona State.

It is a travesty that he is not in the college football hall of fame.
He should be in the NFL hall of fame also, along with Winston Hill !

Reactions: EB
Back