Progress on new Harrison HPER Complex at MVSU

and the team has yet to be the same at GSU as the crowds got moved too far away and it become a country club in there....the cracker jack box gyms to me need to be preserved for hoops...Valley's will resemble Lee College in Houston or something like Mississippi Delta CC

Basketball has been king at TSU but if you could cut that arena in half at times it would change the atmosphere

ask Grambling what did leaving the old gym and moving to a spacious 7,500 seat arena do for them?
I can answer that. Nothing Basketball wise, but it provides a lot of room for graduation and other school related functions. One day, Grambling is going to get back on track in Basketball. We can only be at the bottom for so long. lol

I can answer that. Nothing Basketball wise, but it provides a lot of room for graduation and other school related functions. One day, Grambling is going to get back on track in Basketball. We can only be at the bottom for so long. lol

We really needed it badly for graduation and those Alcorn and JSU basketball games. A few thousands black people in one spot especially in May is torture lol

they have to move those games back to night though....it hasn't been the same in the Gym since Strib left and those 2 p.m. starts on Saturday

We NEED a new gym bad... but I dont want a large 7000 plus seat gym..... games at JSU, SU, GSU and Bama State seem empty. I would rather keep a 5000 seat gym and have it set up like Auburns gym, where the crowd is on top of the action.
059E-612-AB_Auburn.jpg

^^^

That's how the new gym will be set up.

I should have taken a photo from the highway (probably do that the next time I'm over that way).

We NEED a new gym bad... but I dont want a large 7000 plus seat gym..... games at JSU, SU, GSU and Bama State seem empty. I would rather keep a 5000 seat gym and have it set up like Auburns gym, where the crowd is on top of the action.
059E-612-AB_Auburn.jpg
Have to keep in mind SU uses the mini-dome for things other than basketball where that extra space is needed.

we understand but basketball is the primary tenant and we're in the south.....if anyone has a shot to build a new arena now they would be smart to build a dual one where one side is strictly basketball (less than 2,500 but expandable) and the other is empty space with pull out bleachers that can fill up for graduation, large concerts, etc....

its hard looking at empty games where some seats have not been sat in since the 90s

059E-612-AB_Auburn.jpg

DaHill, I agree. I understand why these schools build big gyms because we need them for other purposes. I think our gym is good for when we play Alcorn and Valley but other than that, it's overkill. We also use it for December graduation and for the Spring Grad School and Golden Dipolma commencement. ...all good. But for basketball, I wish we would to a major renovation to the old gym. Gut it out and make it really nice. If they can get 2000 seats in there, great! That would be one hell of an atmosphere! The hell we need 5000-8000 seats for? We can move the Valley and Alcorn games to the AAC.. and play the rest in the smaller gym. The same for JSU football. JSU does not need a dome, the state of MS needs a dome. JSU needs a 25K seat stadium. I would feel sorry for mofos coming into JSU with a 25K seat stadium.. smh.

if the league would adjust the rivalry schedules to later dates you could at least fill the gym again and toying with 3 p.m. games on Saturdays aren't fun

that is tight, I can't wait to see it on TV, hopefully you can get butts in the seats to make it look even better

Back