Prairie View vs Southern at Tully Stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiyah said:
Thats more because of how ya'lls season was going and the band not being there. Looking at how this will be SU's 3rd game of the season, their fans will be there.
:nod:

Fiyah said:
Thats more because of how ya'lls season was going and the band not being there. Looking at how this will be SU's 3rd game of the season, their fans will be there.

I think it will be a good crowd. The youngsters love to make the drive especially if the band will be there.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SUjagTILLiDIE said:
SU fans not coming. Just like the TSU game last season. Who wants to sit in 90plus degree heat, in September.

If you don't come, there still will be beacup Jaguar Nation members in attendance. Like jag4life said, young people will be in attendance+ people like coming to Houston/Texas anyway.

REAL FOOTBALL FANS SHOWUP RAIN, SLEET OR SNOW:nod: I'LL BE THERE:nod:

BE MORE ROOM FOR ME...WHO YA ROOTIN' FA

P-V-U:winkgrin:

kg0586 said:
If you don't come, there still will be beacup Jaguar Nation members in attendance. Like jag4life said, young people will be in attendance+ people like coming to Houston/Texas anyway.
:nod: :nod:

Quietstorm,

Whoever put this game @ 1 pm should be shot twice !

Honestly, there was not much of a choice. When you do not have stadium with sufficient and substantial capacity, often times you are at the mercy of others that 1) do not have your best interest at heart and 2) sometimes just plan do not care.

Fiyah said:

I've been to PV before but have never seen the layout of its current stadium.
Any chance of PV adding temporary seating to its stadium to accommodate more people? What's the current seating capacity? I'd rather see you sell-out a game on campus than another small alternate location.

having it on-campus isn't feasible....it's better where it is at....even with better parking lots it won't make sense financially

Jafus (Thinker) said:
Quietstorm,

Honestly, there was not much of a choice. When you do not have stadium with sufficient and substantial capacity, often times you are at the mercy of others that 1) do not have your best interest at heart and 2) sometimes just plan do not care.

I am sure all options were not explored, Stallworth in Baytown, Ball I.S.D stadium in Galveston, Galena Park I.S.D. Heck, even Bowers stadium in Huntsville would be more attractive than playing at 1pm. I am sure you pay more for the stadium in Huntsville, but you will make up the difference. Plus Bowers seats 14, 000. If I were the AD in this case I would do anything possible not to put that many people outside period at 1 in September. There are more options out there I know.

bowersalcorn.jpg
Bowers Stadium - Huntsville, TX

Fiyah said:
their fans will be there.
You wanna bet. Thats the talk of town. Everyone, I mean everyone say they not gonna sit in the sun at 1:00PM :smh: in Houston on aluminum bleachers.

What yall trying to do kill someone. When some of those elderly folk pass out, I guess whoever's responsible will feel sorry then.

I guess the elderly will pass out in Austin on Sept. 2nd (11 a.m.) at UT
I guess the elderly will pass out in Orlando on Sept. 16 at 1:30 p.m. at UCF
I guess the elderly will pass out in Auburn on Sept. 16 at 2:30 p.m. vs LSU

last I checked it's humid in those parts.....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
the band fan said:
I guess the elderly will pass out in Austin on Sept. 2nd (11 a.m.) at UT
I guess the elderly will pass out in Orlando on Sept. 16 at 1:30 p.m. at UCF
I guess the elderly will pass out in Auburn on Sept. 16 at 2:30 p.m. vs LSU

last I checked it's humid in those parts.....
Looks like white folks to me....:mrt:

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
You wanna bet. Thats the talk of town. Everyone, I mean everyone say they not gonna sit in the sun at 1:00PM :smh: in Houston on aluminum bleachers.

What yall trying to do kill someone. When some of those elderly folk pass out, I guess whoever's responsible will feel sorry then.

The young folks will be there.

OnlySU said:
Aluminum seats at 1pm.. :smh: I'll be home with my hear to the radio :nod:

No one says you can't take seat cushions in, I know when we play at home I always take mine with me. Them aluminum seats ain't soft during the day or night. I had one with me at Mumford for that same reason.

Quietstorm,

I am sure all options were not explored, Stallworth in Baytown, Ball I.S.D stadium in Galveston, Galena Park I.S.D. Heck, even Bowers stadium in Huntsville would be more attractive than playing at 1pm. I am sure you pay more for the stadium in Huntsville, but you will make up the difference. Plus Bowers seats 14, 000. If I were the AD in this case I would do anything possible not to put that many people outside period at 1 in September. There are more options out there I know.

How do you know just about all options were not explored?

What makes Stallworth in Baytown, Ball I.S.D stadium in Galveston, Galena Park I.S.D., and Bowers stadium in Huntsville a better option?

Have you contacted the managing director and officials of Stallworth in Baytown, Ball I.S.D stadium in Galveston, Galena Park I.S.D., and Bowers stadium in Huntsville to see the cost and whether the stadium rental available?

LaCumba,

I've been to PV before but have never seen the layout of its current stadium.
Any chance of PV adding temporary seating to its stadium to accommodate more people? What's the current seating capacity? I'd rather see you sell-out a game on campus than another small alternate location.

The option of playing the game on campus and adding temporary seating was explored and evaluating. It is not a cost effective measure.

SUjagTILLiDIE,

You wanna bet. Thats the talk of town. Everyone, I mean everyone say they not gonna sit in the sun at 1:00PM in Houston on aluminum bleachers.

The concerns of Southern fans and there decision to not follow their team for whatever reason is understandable. Unfortunately, certain uncontrollable situations dictated the location and the time this game will be played. Every effort will be made to provide the safety measures necessary for all that decide to attend the game.

I'm confused.................isn't this our home game? Who gives a damn if SU folks don't come? I know I don't. I mean I live in the heart of Jaguar Nation, and damn near all of my friends are Jags, but I could care less if none of their azzes show up. I know I'll be there as a football fan to support MY TEAM.

And we wonder why people don't respect the fans of SWAC football. We wonder why people think that the actual football game means nothing to us. DAMN SHAME. :splat: :splat: :splat:

WalkWitaPanther said:
And we wonder why people don't respect the fans of SWAC football. We wonder why people think that the actual football game means nothing to us.

I can understand your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back