Penn State receives accreditation warning

CEE DOG

The sad reality of life is that some of you seriously do not get it. Now we are moving in the right direction. :tup: I told you guys PSU president took those charges for a reason, but I guess you all can't see past the football team.

http://news.yahoo.com/penn-state-receives-accreditation-warning-062847334--spt.html

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Penn State has been put on notice by an accrediting organization that says the university's status is "in jeopardy" based on recent developments in the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.

The Middle States Commission on Higher Education, which accredits universities in the Mid-Atlantic region, cited information in the school's internal investigation led by former FBI director Louis Freeh and the severe penalties imposed by the NCAA over the school's handling of molestation allegations against the former assistant football coach, who was convicted in June of 45 child sexual abuse counts.

In an Aug. 8 notice, the commission said that Penn State remains accredited while "on warning" but it wants a monitoring report submitted by the end of next month detailing steps taken to ensure full compliance with governmental requirements, that the university's mission is being carried out, that the commission will be fully informed and that Penn State is complying with standards on leadership and governance as well as integrity.

The commission also wants the report to address the university's ability to bear financial obligations stemming from "the investigation and related settlements, etc." It said "a small team visit" will be made, a standard practice "to verify institutional status and progress."

Penn State officials on Monday expressed confidence that they would be able to address all concerns expressed by the commission.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :read:
"Middle States is focusing on governance, integrity, and financial issues related to information in the Freeh report and other items related to our current situation."

Cee... THAT's what the rest of us were saying. This is a UNIVERSITY and possibly a STATE problem. The football team was only a small part of it. We wanted the feds, accrediting body , and state to handle this, not the NCAA.

Cee... THAT's what the rest of us were saying. This is a UNIVERSITY and possibly a STATE problem. The football team was only a small part of it. We wanted the feds, accrediting body , and state to handle this, not the NCAA.

The NCAA didn't usurp the authority of any court, feds, governing body, accrediting agency or anybody else.

btw, the tspn Penn State supporters aint gon like this. Next time, maybe they won't be so quick to take the words of one rogue trustee as the position of the board

Penn State Trustees Back President on NCAA Action
They didn't take a formal vote, but the vast majority of Penn State trustees voiced support for the university president's acceptance of severe penalties imposed by the NCAA over the school's handling of a child molestation scandal.

Board chairwoman Karen Peetz told fellow trustees during a Sunday evening conference call that the panel could not vote because 10 days' notice of the meeting was required, an objection two members raised at the outset of the call. But more than two dozen members of the 32-member board then voiced support for President Rodney Erickson's decision and a desire to move forward, although many criticized the NCAA sanctions themselves.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/penn-state-trustees-vote-ncaa-penalties-16991087

Hmmm.... Somebody mentioned that serious conversations were ongoing about pulling their accreditation a few weeks ago.

Exactly J4L. That's all we were saying. Everyone was focused on making Penn State Football pay because they thought that was the root of the issue. When it is deeper. Football was just the scapegoat.

The NCAA didn't usurp the authority of any court, feds, governing body, accrediting agency or anybody else.

But they didn't need to be involved period. I have said from the beginning that the FEDS and ONLY the FEDS should be involved in this and maybe the State of PA handing out whatever penalties that were appropriate. Football was just the scapegoat for this because Joe Pa had the most famous name involved in this. These fools were covering up all over the place in that State and it was not a football issue. But possibly a State/political issue since their may be some pedophile ring going on. I just wanted all people behind this caught and punished. Screw the football program. If anything the NCAA just wanted to appease the public. I was waiting on the Government to do their job. Looks like they will.

Answer this and I will move on, Is the football team not part of the school? If the NCAA had not acted first, no one else would have. It all would have been swept under the rug.

But they didn't need to be involved period. I have said from the beginning that the FEDS and ONLY the FEDS should be involved in this and maybe the State of PA handing out whatever penalties that were appropriate. Football was just the scapegoat for this because Joe Pa had the most famous name involved in this. These fools were covering up all over the place in that State and it was not a football issue. But possibly a State/political issue since their may be some pedophile ring going on. I just wanted all people behind this caught and punished. Screw the football program. If anything the NCAA just wanted to appease the public. I was waiting on the Government to do their job. Looks like they will.

I doubt it.

Answer this and I will move on, Is the football team not part of the school? If the NCAA had not acted first, no one else would have. It all would have been swept under the rug.

Hell Cee, the NCAA is sweeping it under the rug for Penn State. Those sanctions really aint all that bad if you ask me. They may not win titles for awhile. But hell, they were not winning the Big 10 anyway and was not going to win even if Joe Pa and nem had not got caught. But one thing for sure is going to happen. Them white folks going to keep stacking that money to Penn State and that stadium is going to be packed every week even if you and I were playing for them. That fine that the NCAA handed out was chump change for them. That's why most of their trustees want to accept this and move on. They know there is more out there and they want everyone to move on while they keep protecting those vile arse mofos who are really behind Sandusky. Sandusky was just the pimp. I want all their arses caught.

Even if folks buy your conspiracy theory lock stock and barrel (and sorry, but I don't. It is not at all hard for me to imagine the money and power that Penn State football commanded and folks wanting to protect that money and power. Hence, the coverup), that doesn't change the fact that Paterno, the AD, the President had information about their own coach molesting kids on Penn State's campus, in Penn State's football facilities and they did nothing, other than give the rapist keys and an office to keep on raping more kids for years. If that doesn't rise to the level of lack of institutional control, nothing ever will (or did).

I still don't see where the current football program was wrong... I don't agree with the NCAA's "discipline" nor do I disagree with it... I do understand something had to be done, to save face for everyone...

Last edited:
Back