Owens says he's prepared to leave Eagles

GSlimU_721 said:
T.O. isn't going anywhere.. hell with the cap situation the way it is now nobody can afford his azz n-e-waz... I totally agree with the notion that its a business but its only been his first year. This is just a matter of ego But hey, Rosenhaus gets paid to shake things up and I have no doubt he will somehow get the man his money.

But he's not leaving Philly.

(unless Dan Synder gets a phone call in DC... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )

I don't want to touch that. The Eagles would be considered a stupid franchise to let T.O. go to a divison rival. :lmao:

Da_Sperm said:
I say dayum a contract. If I sign a contract PUNK contract because I am a PUNK player at the time of signing and I become the ELITE player at my position, then I will no longer play for PUNK MONEY.

An NFL contract works BOTH WAYS. Nothing is guaranteed but the signing bonus. A team can depart with a player and so can a player depart with a team.

Get your money TO, get your MONEY.

Sperm, it's not like TO is signed to a PUNK contract. He was the elite at his position when he signed this deal last year.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well of course that statement is partially biased.. ;)

But from a business sense, look at Snyder's track record for throwing out money to high-priced, overzealous, "big-named" talent... plus he has no competition on the depth chart.

It would be his best option... look at what Drew did for Portis :nod:

I've been too lazy to do my homework, so I will just throw the questions out and hopefully get clarification. Did TO recently change agents? Was the negotiatiated contract one done by the agent that messed up on the deadlines that helped to put the Ravens in the mix as his future team? If so, then I can almost understand him reevaluating the deal.

I'm just really tired of hearing about T.O. Nobody put a gun to his head to sign the contract, his dumbass should have read the contract. Just like what happened when his other agent messed up his last contract by waiting so late. Who can't live on the millions of dollars he is scheduled to make???? Let's get real hear, and then u take shots at McNabb who did nothing but bend over backwards to help you be more comfortable. T.O. is a horsemouthed jackazz.

I think T.O is the best player at his position, and arguably the bast player in football right now. He's also my favorite NFL player, but I wish, I wish, I wish, he would just shut up this time and play.

question

my question is how agents get paid. my understanding is that agents get a % of the deals they work out for the clients, team contract, endorsements and such. since t.o. switched agents to drew r. after he'd signed with the eagles how is his agent getting paid and could that be a big part of why he was holding out. I imagine drew told him, "I can get you a new cotract with more money!", and that was part of the reason he chose him. By getting TO a new deal he also would bet paid 10 - 15%, so a 50 million dollar deal would put 5mil in the agents pocket that he didn't get b/c he had no part in negotiating the previous deal. Am I wrong here? Does it work differetly? Currently I believe that his agent is the real culprit here. whenever he gets a new veteran client he tries to to them a new deal so he can get paid.

As for players trying to hold out while they are under contract, i really dont like it. U can try and renegotiate if u like but the bottom line is u signed the deal. If you want to be paid every year based on the previous years performance, just sign one year deals, but realize you give up the security that comes with a big signing bonus. Yes teams can cut players anytime, but u know that's a part of the CBA and your union has to work that out for you. And most fans don't want that to happen anyway. why? because once contracts become guarenteed then the guys who are really busters will show their behind. once they get the big check they wont show up for work for real. Besides most bigtime players are not going to get cut early in their contract b/c of the cap hit they'd take due to the large signing bonus' would count against the cap immediately instead of being prorated over the remaining years of the deal. anyway, am I wrong about the agent?

GSlimU_721 said:
T.O. isn't going anywhere.. hell with the cap situation the way it is now nobody can afford his azz n-e-waz... I totally agree with the notion that its a business but its only been his first year. This is just a matter of ego But hey, Rosenhaus gets paid to shake things up and I have no doubt he will somehow get the man his money.

But he's not leaving Philly.

(unless Dan Synder gets a phone call in DC... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )

God I hope not. I just want the Eagles to suffer so I don't care where he goes, but if Snyder messes with T.O., I will throw out all of my Redskin pennants. My man Joe Gibbs is NOT going to let that shat happen!

major095,

There is a reason that Drew Rosenhaus is the most hated agent among NFL franchises. He has some tactics that many don't agree with, but the bottom line is that he's the best agent out there, and players don't hire him to stand pat. Yes agents receive a percentage of the deals they negotiate, but players generally seek out Drew to get a better deal, not the other way around. It was expected that, despite his initial denials, that TO was gonna look to redo his deal once he hired Drew. Now that being said, I understand TO's position but I hate how he's going about it. In reality, NFL contracts are written in Monopoly money. TO may have signed a deal for 47 million, but NFL contracts are heavily back loaded, and he would be lucky to see 30 million of it. Teams will cut you as soon as you are deemed financially unbearable, with little to no public uproar. The truth is that TO's deal was great when he signed it, but the landscape has changed other recievers (i.e. Marvin Harrison) have been signed to deals that exceed the one TO received a year ago. I understand his desire to get all the money you can before the team cuts you, but don't do it by threatening to hold out or welcoming trades.

Back